Helios 1.4 - Taking to the Skys Once Again

Ok, I am completely clueless here. I am new to all of this including DCS. I have downloaded the latest Helios, watched the youtube videos, read the forum, and readme files. I cannot find a profile for the A-10 that I can download. The file for CapLoz on Gadroc is broken, which I found out why on that. So I went to Capt Zeen can"t find the A-10 profile there. Can someone please post this file or a working link to download this profile. I am completely lost.

Thanks in advance

SS6

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a way around on gardoc site that works for me anyways. If u look at the download link it takes u too that gives you error page, at the end of the long url is the actual url to the file. It worked for me anyways grabbing some stuff to just delete everything but that ending part to the url. At work at moment but once I get home tonight i will put all that i have up on my one drive and perm share here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC]

a>

[/sIGPIC]

Ok, I am completely clueless here. I am new to all of this including DCS. I have downloaded the latest Helios, watched the youtube videos, read the forum, and readme files. I cannot find a profile for the A-10 that I can download. The file for CapLoz on Gadroc is broken, which I found out why on that. So I went to Capt Zeen can"t find the A-10 profile there. Can someone please post this file or a working link to download this profile. I am completely lost.

Thanks in advance

SS6

Attached is Loz A10c profile. I had to break it into 2 uploads because the DCS forums have a 9.77mb limit per file. Just combine these two zip files and you have the entire profile. :thumbup:

Snack

Loz SM v2.1 - Part 1.rar

Loz SM v2.1 - Part 2 (more images).rar

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Attached is Loz A10c profile. I had to break it into 2 uploads because the DCS forums have a 9.77mb limit per file. Just combine these two zip files and you have the entire profile. :thumbup:

Snack

Thank you! Now just to resize every thing to 1920x1080. do you have any idea how to move the MFD screen to Secondary monitor, My main monitor is 2560x1080 and I cant get the MFD to show on my 1920x1080. I have moved them all around and no luck.

SS6

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm trying to bind FLAPS to Helios A-10C Profile by LOZ , butt does not succeed.

In his original profile he had no bind for Flaps.

Trying to bind "trigger value" I get a warning that 'Action value cannot be convert from trigger value'.

Can anyone support please? I have no clue what to do...just playing with it and failing...

Thanks!

Callsign   SETUP

The only thing I can do to help you is to send you my profile to dissect or use. I have not used it in a couple of years and its the original version of Helios.

Fakums A-10C Rev 8.zip

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

The only thing I can do to help you is to send you my profile to dissect or use. I have not used it in a couple of years and its the original version of Helios.

[ATTACH]204889[/ATTACH]

Thank you Fakum!

I see the flaps are not configured in your profile as well, and has the same warning I get.

Still can't resolve this myself.

Callsign   SETUP

hmmm........ I havnt used it in so long

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

First let me say thank you to the devs for putting this out there. I am excited to see this work! As someone who works in IT, I wanted to share some thoughts on my experience and what did and didn't work. This isn't to be critical, but rather to provide some feedback. Hopefully it makes sense and helps. This is one of by first posts here, so please bare with me.

I've been trying this for over a week now and cannot get the F/A-18 Capt Zeen profile to work. The issue for me is that none of the gauges, switches, or views work. Even the Freq, About, and Nav panels never pop up. I was able to get the viewports working perfectly, so I can see the right and left MFD, UFC, IFEI, RWR and AMPCD.

After lots of reading :book:, hitting Youtube, and and a few late nights, I figured out generally how things work in Helios. I tried multiple configurations of export.lua files and have never gotten the data exchange between Helios and DCS to work in 1.4 for the F18.

I finally decided (after reading post after post here about export.lua problems) to verify the rest of my configuration. I downloaded the previous version of Gadrocs Helios 1.3 from Capt Zeen's site. I verified the export.lua files were the latest versions from Capt Zeens site. I fired it up and EVERYTHING worked AS EXPECTED.

For kicks I also went back to 1.4 and tried to just do some basics (remove Capt Zeen profile and setup one with some basic gauges and such). I started with a fresh Helios profile, setup new interfaces (using the included F18 interface) to what is included in Helios 1.4, updated the export.lua from Helios 1.4, and used the toolbox components inside Helios for the F-18. I re-verified everything! After some tinkering, I found *I could* get buttons and switches working (master arm on touch screen would switch, in game MA would switch, AND DCS would register the MA state change), but the export.lua would NOT exchange data with DCS for any of the flight instruments such as ADI, Altimeter, etc.

So - to recap

- Used 1.4 with Capt Zeen FA18 profile - viewports work, but no gauges, switches, or panel

views work with touch or mouse

- Used 1.3 with same configuration - Everything works as expected

- Tried creating new profile with all 1.4 generated interfaces and export.lua - no data exchange

using 1.4 F18 export.lua.

I have:

See below for Specs on computer

3440x1440 Primary Monitor

1920x1080 Secondary Monitor - touch screen

Windows 10 Home

Latest software from Gighub and Capt Zeen website for Helios and F18 pit.

VIACOM Pro - disabled for testing

If you are a new user trying this, I would try 1.3 FIRST. You can download it from Capt Zeen's site.

Edited by Nagilem

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Nagilem

I have been using Helios and Capt Z's profiles for several years with the original Helios. When problems occurred, it was generally user error. When the F18 profile came out with the new Helios, I went with that and have no issues with either the 1.4 helios or the F18 profile. I have a system somewhat similar to yours so I am wondering why you had so much trouble.

While your primary monitor is larger than mine, all else is about the same. One thing you might consider is changing how windows views your screens. In my case, while I have my primary monitor on top and my touch screen on the bottom, for windows purposes, they are treated as side by side with the touchscreen on the right.

Another issue that I had is that windows numbering of the monitors does not appear to be the same as the internal numbering of the monitors based on what graphics ports are being used. However, since you got everything to work in 1.3, I have no understanding of why it is not working in 1.4.

Keep us posted.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hi Sobe - Thanks.

I went back and checked everything again. Right now I have the setup you described (second monitor low). I tried the touchscreen on the right at first, but now that I have a simpit, I have them vertically with no issues on 1.3. All buttons, gauges and other panel views working flawlessly.

I made sure when I started that my big monitor was always seen as number 1. I also did all of the touch screen calibration, so no issues there.

What I find interesting is with 1.4, I never was able to even get the panel views to work using the export.lua AS IS from the Captain. So if I fired up control center, start the profile, I got the requisite front panel view on my second monitor -:thumbup:. Then if I tried to access any other panel (about, freq, nav, aux, etc.), the button would get the green line under it showing that panel should be active, but no panel appeared.

It works as advertised when I use 1.3.

Some other points -

I tried running the control center as Administrator - no change

I also removed any other software from the export.lua - I have ViacommPro

I can see all of the panels in Profile Editor, and I can also see the A10 inputs and outputs on bindings

As I said before, I could not get a clean singular profile with the default F18 interface and export.lua to exchange data with DCS for any instruments I tried. Switches - yes. Instruments - no joy.

I do have my documents on another drive than C:\users. My docs is on D: with Saved games on C: Again no issue with 1.3.

This is a new box for me so Windows 10 hasn't been activated yet. I can't imagine this would cause this issue, but will test sometime later this week.

Glad it works for you. I'll keep digging around after the next update. This is new for me so I want to spend more time flying and less time configuring :smilewink:

Edited by Nagilem

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

My export file just to double check:

local lfs=require('lfs');

dofile(lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\Helios\\HeliosExport.lua')

local dcsSr=require('lfs');

dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

-- VAICOM PRO server-side script

-- Export.lua (append)

-- version 2.5.3

-- do not edit next line:

-- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

@Sobe - Thanks for that. Mine looks identical for the lines setting up helios and for Viacom pro.

I have yet to setup a tacview or SRS, though they are coming once I get my HOTAS working the way I want. That looks to be a few more hours of messing with code :doh:.

Ah well, its only time... and I guess I am learning *something*… :megalol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About Helios Exports.lua

Having read through some of the posts here, I thought that I would make a general comment on the subject of Exports.lua.

Firstly, it has to be said that this whole area is a bit of a mess, and it does not look likely that this will change (possibly ever). The problem is that Exports.lua is really the only way to get data into and out of DCS so lots of people try to use it. This is possible, however the world as it currently exists, is a free for all, and there is no architected way for multiple exports.lua to play nicely with each other. This is not a criticism of anyone's approach, just a statement of reality as I see it.

Helios is no better than anyone else in this regard. It's interface design presumed that it could be king of the exports.lua heap, and this causes certain problems. The good CaptZeen had to work around limitations in the Helios code and he did this in part by pushing lots of extra code into the Exports.lua and also pushing code into the profile itself. His profiles are fantastic given all of the many limitations that he had to find solutions for. Sometimes Exports.lua creators created large exports to cope with many different aircraft, and again, there are some awesome results out there.

Meanwhile, Helios remained solidly in the camp of 1 exports.lua for each Helios interface, and if you have two profiles which use different interfaces, then the Helios way of doing it is to change the whole exports.lua.

This situation desperately needs to improve, however any change in this area *will* certainly break things that are currently working. I have a preferred solution, but this only works for me because I have relatively simple needs.

When you throw into the mix that (as an example) two different implementations of a Hornet profile can have subtly different command codes and values, then the complications increase still further.

So all this is a long way of saying that I understand a lot of the reasons why people have so many problems with the exports.lua, but this area is unlikely to improve significantly in the near future. For the time being, if you want to use a Helios interface, then the best starting point is to deploy the Exports.lua for that interface from within Profile Explorer. and then if a particular profile has extra needs from the exports.lua, read the instructions for that profile and change the exports.lua as directed.

BlueFinBima

Latest Helios Virtual Cockpit Team version of Helios can be found on Github

BlueFinBima Helios YouTube

Problem. When I go to install your 2019 version over my 2018 version (the last one), I get an error message: Unable to install because a newer version of this product is already installed. This is not true. Why is the computer lying to me???? I also tried to install it in a different folder, but got the same error message.

Edited by sobe

Hi Sobe. You are correct. If you read the welcome text in the installer, it explains that because we've changed the format of the installer, (hopefully) for this time only, you will have to go to Add/Remove programs and perform an uninstall.

Cheers, Neil

BlueFinBima

OK. Uninstalled and reinstalled and all is fine.

Could someone please expand on the following highlighted language found in the new change log:

* Hornet UFC updated to remove the need for a viewport

* Hornet IFEI updated to remove the need for a viewport

* Auto-binding for some devices to their intended interface

Hi Sobe,

This describes these items

With a full (well almost) featured IFEI and UFC, there is no need to do the expensive exporting of the IFEI and UFC images.

* Hornet UFC updated to remove the need for a viewport

* Hornet IFEI updated to remove the need for a viewport

* Auto-binding for some devices to their intended interface

Edited by BluFinBima

BlueFinBima

Hi

I'm new to Helios and encountered a "Control Center has stopped working" (App crash CLR20r3) apon trying to start the Control Center.

Editor seems to work without any apparent problem, and I have created a simple profile with it.

Is there any known issues with a clean Win 7 (SP1 only)

Thanks

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

Hi

I'm new to Helios and encountered a "Control Center has stopped working" (App crash CLR20r3) apon trying to start the Control Center.

Editor seems to work without any apparent problem, and I have created a simple profile with it.

Is there any known issues with a clean Win 7 (SP1 only)

Thanks

Hi ShadowVonChadwick,

Short answer is no. CLR20r3 is a very generic error saying that it crashed. Try running helios as follows:

from a windows command prompt, type:

cd %programfiles%

cd "Gadrocs Workshop\Helios"

"Control Center.exe" -l debug

Then see if there are any errors documented in %userprofile%\documents\helios\ControlCenter.log

BlueFinBima

I couldn't see any errors

And Event Viewer is not helpful either.

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

I couldn't see any errors

And Event Viewer is not helpful either.

I dug out a Windows 7 machine and I'm seeing a CLR20R3 Sig 9 is System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse. Unfortunately I do not have the ability to debug on that machine.

My initial suggestion is to install latest .net framework from Microsoft and see if that changes the symptoms. Please let me know how you get on.

BlueFinBima