been hit

midnitereaper

First post having lots of fun learning this sim and how to fly and fight! Hate landing haha! It has been about a month flipping between tutorials and lots of youtube videos. Lots of content out there but I have yet to stumble across any fix it procedures so thought I would ask here. When you get hit but still able to go on is there any way to fix the problem? radar loss, engine out and so on.

Yes if it's enabled in the mission you can get repaired at trap or runway.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

First post having lots of fun learning this sim and how to fly and fight! Hate landing haha! It has been about a month flipping between tutorials and lots of youtube videos. Lots of content out there but I have yet to stumble across any fix it procedures so thought I would ask here. When you get hit but still able to go on is there any way to fix the problem? radar loss, engine out and so on.

As FragBum indicated, after landing, shut down and use the comms menu to ask for repairs via the ground crew menu.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Ok thank you for the information. I have seen the option for ground crew refuel, arm and repair. I was wondering if there were any tutorials or manuals for in air fix. For example in the f-15c once my right engine got hit and I had the engine fire warning go off. I was able to shut the engine down but could not figure out how to kill the fire.

Ok thank you for the information. I have seen the option for ground crew refuel, arm and repair. I was wondering if there were any tutorials or manuals for in air fix. For example in the f-15c once my right engine got hit and I had the engine fire warning go off. I was able to shut the engine down but could not figure out how to kill the fire.

In the more full fidelity modules like the F/A-18 or A10C, you have the clickable cockpit that you can use to carry out the real world procedures, ie pull the fire handle which cuts off fuel, bleed air, and arms the extinguisher, then fire the extinguisher to put the fire out. This won’t bring your engine back, but may allow you to get home on your other remaining engine.

It’s less well simulated in the lower fidelity modules like F15C.

In the end, if you wouldn’t be able to do it in real life, you probably can’t in DCS. There’s no in-air repair cheat ;)

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I was able to shut the engine down but could not figure out how to kill the fire.

If you're lucky you can start the engine again without problems. Not much else you can do in this module.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria