Connecting to Dedicated Server running locally via external IP address

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to set up a dedicated server; I've got a DS instance running, set up port forwarding on my router and can see my DS instance in the list of available servers in the multiplayer window.

Howver, whenever I try and connect to my dedicated server via DCS client thats running on the same machine as my DS by connecting directly to the external IP (and replacing the default 127.0.0.1:port) I get an 'Address Unavailable' error. I'm simply trying to test the external connectivity

Interestingly enough, when I try to connect via selecting my DS via the list of available servers, my machines MAC address is auto-populated.

Does anyone know if you can't connect to your locally running DS by means of your external IP?

Thanks

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

• 4 weeks later...
Hi All,

I'm currently trying to set up a dedicated server; I've got a DS instance running, set up port forwarding on my router and can see my DS instance in the list of available servers in the multiplayer window.

Howver, whenever I try and connect to my dedicated server via DCS client thats running on the same machine as my DS by connecting directly to the external IP (and replacing the default 127.0.0.1:port) I get an 'Address Unavailable' error. I'm simply trying to test the external connectivity

Interestingly enough, when I try to connect via selecting my DS via the list of available servers, my machines MAC address is auto-populated.

Does anyone know if you can't connect to your locally running DS by means of your external IP?

Thanks

You can connect to your server through external connection only with a few modem/router devices and particular settings. It really depends on how the routing it's done in your device.

With an aftermarket Mikrotik router I was able to setup test environment like that, with my ISP provided device wasn't possible.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!