Vote for the OH-58D for president !

Shadow KT

Vote for the OH-58D for president !  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the OH-58D for president !

• Yes !
    • Yaaaaaaaas !

I am making this thread, as I don't have FB to voice my opinion on this vote.

?q=70&w=1440&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftimedotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F05%2Fhfhfhfh526.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

Okay, here me out! I know there are a lot of people who are fanboying about what helicopter they want (me included). I'd like to see a Littlebird, a Cobra, or an, OW GOSH, a BLACKHAWK so I can yell "Black Hawk DOWN! I repeat we got a Black Hawk DOWN"

I know the Kiowa is not that popular or iconic as some of the other helicopters, but I firmly believe it is the best decision for DCS at the moment. We don't really have a scout helicopter (client flyable) which can directly work with other DCS modules.

The most important quality of the Kiowa, compared to any of the other choppers in the game (even the Gazelle which is also a light/scout) is the capability to laser designate (I don't know if the Kiowa has datalink)

Think about it ! With the upcoming modules, such as the F-18C Hornet, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-4 Phantom II and the current modules: F-5E Tiger II and Mirage 2KC, would really benefit with such an asset lasing for them. Especially in highly co-operative and (online)campaign like missions. It would give the possibility for a player to do so.

I really believe it will sell as hot bread.

I did mention only those aircraft as they are not dedicated CAS jets, made to loiter for a big period of time. They go in, get their load on target and get out. The Kiowa would be great for a shifting battlefield.

And even paired with the A-10C and the AV-8NA Harrier, it would be of great help.

It is the hero(helo) we need !

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I am making this thread, as I don't have FB to voice my opinion on this vote.

maxresdefault.jpg

Okay, here me out! I know there are a lot of people who are fanboying about what helicopter they want (me included). I'd like to see an Littlebird, a Cobra, or an, OW GOSH, a BLACKHAWK so I can yell "Black Hawk Down! I repeat we got a Black Hawk Down"

I know the Kiowa is not that popular or iconic as some of the other helicopters, but I frimly believe it is the best decision for DCS at the moment. We don't really have a scout helicopter (client flyable) which can directly work with other DCS modules.

The most important quality of the Kiowa, comapred to any of the other choppers in the game (even the Gazelle which is also a light/scout) is the capability to laser designate ( I don't know if the Kiowa has datalink)

Think about it ! With the upcoming modules, such as the F-18C Hornet, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-4 Phantom II and the current modules: F-5E Tiger II and Mirage 2KC, would really benefit with such an asset lasing for them. Especially in highly co-operative and (online)campaign like missions. It would give the possibility for a player to do so.

I really believe it will sell as hot bread.

I did mention only those aircraft as they are not dedicated CAS Jets, made to loiter for a big time. They go in, get their target and get out. The Kiowa would be great for a shifting battlefield.

And even on the A-10C and the Harrier, it woulbe of great help

It is the hero we need !

4shure.....u got my vote.....remember the Kiowa in Janes longbow.....was my favorite

The datalink of the Kiowa is called L2MUM and works between the Kiowas themself just fine. Other options in which way it works are restricted I fear, so sorry that I do not give intel on that.

What does the L2MUM look like. Well you see the other L2MUM Kiowas on your moving map that has the HSI overlay.

About the lasing, yes it is possible to lase for any platform that uses laserguided ammunition. You can laze for Ah64a/D that hover in the backfield and wait for the laze, then they pop up, shot thier hellfire and the tank is history. That is what it lasing was initialy designed for, ut during the course of time more laserguided ammunition saw the battlefield and as long you and the platform have the same lasercode all is well and you can guide any bomb or missile that has your lasercode into your desired target.

This little helicopter is capable of way more then only scouting.

When you talk to the infantry guys of the past desert conflicts and afghanistan they will tell you that these helicopter faught right at the knifeedge of the enemy. I heard of one story where a female Kiowa pilot emptied her personal selfdefense pistol at TB fighters at a range of 50 feet cause they were low on ammo. I think we will never hear of such stories from Apache pilots.

I was a Marine ans didn't get to interact with Kiowas personally but my Army friends had all kinds of stories just like that, including a video they showed of a kiowa pilot pinning an enemy sniper to the ground with his skid before the copilot shot him with his side arm...

I was a Marine ans didn't get to interact with Kiowas personally but my Army friends had all kinds of stories just like that, including a video they showed of a kiowa pilot pinning an enemy sniper to the ground with his skid before the copilot shot him with his side arm...

Damn...... That is some savage stuff, right there. Just shows how awesome this bird is.

About the lasing, yes it is possible to lase for any platform that uses laserguided ammunition. You can laze for Ah64a/D that hover in the backfield and wait for the laze, then they pop up, shot thier hellfire and the tank is history. That is what it lasing was initialy designed for, ut during the course of time more laserguided ammunition saw the battlefield and as long you and the platform have the same lasercode all is well and you can guide any bomb or missile that has your lasercode into your desired target.

This little helicopter is capable of way more then only scouting.

When you talk to the infantry guys of the past desert conflicts and afghanistan they will tell you that these helicopter faught right at the knifeedge of the enemy. I heard of one story where a female Kiowa pilot emptied her personal selfdefense pistol at TB fighters at a range of 50 feet cause they were low on ammo. I think we will never hear of such stories from Apache pilots.

This is what I am talking about. This is why we need this one in the sim.

Well. I guess asking to simulate the pilot being able to fire their side arm is a bit too much... (rofl), but the Kiowa is the right choice for DCS. One step closer to the ultimate cooperations.

'Shadow'

It is hardly a relevant poll if it only allows people to say yes to one airframe, and excludes everything else!

Either make it an honest poll, or you are frankly just wasting everyone's time.

Oooooooor, read what I've said and go on the real pole in FB and vote there.

As said in the very first sentence this is my opinion and this pole is clealry just for supporting it. I've voiced my opinion and vote, and I am sorry, that YOU wasted your own time.

As my opinion is a waste of time to you and you don't like it, feel free to bugger off and do as you wish. Nobody is making you to vote.

or maybe tell us why you think it is not the right choice, instead of wasting our time ;)

Edited by Shadow KT
  • Like 1

'Shadow'

• 1 month later...

You are watching too much tv :doh:

d63.jpeg

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Who knows? Just sounds that someone was stupid not to hear a helicopter above/behind him, feel the air flow that it is extremely close and tried to just stay concealed... And then survive from a helicopter weight on his back, and get shot by a pistol by a co-pilot....

It was a video after all, right?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Who knows? Just sounds that someone was stupid not to hear a helicopter above/behind him, feel the air flow that it is extremely close and tried to just stay concealed... And then survive from a helicopter weight on his back, and get shot by a pistol by a co-pilot....

It was a video after all, right?

These really have nothing to do with the thread or the awesomeness of the Kiowa, which we need so much

'Shadow'

I'll defo be buying the OH-58, but pls consider taking a look at the UH-60 for development

@any dev

DCS Modules Owned:A-10C, FC3, Yak-52, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5E, M-2000C, L-39, Hawk T.1A, C-101EB/CC, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, BF-109K4, FW-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50, F-86, DCS:CA, WWII assets, F-14A/A+/B

DCS Terrains Owned: All

PLEASE MAKE UH-60L and AH-64D!!! :pilotfly:

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i.imgur.com/5UWi2jZ.jpg[/img]

Intel i9-13900K, @5.8GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlatinum, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME ,Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1650W ATX 3.0 , Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Kone Mouse.

These really have nothing to do with the thread or the awesomeness of the Kiowa, which we need so much

The poster put it out there, so it is open to the ridicule that it deserves.

Yes, I hope Belsimtek builds this.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

A very capable recon chopper that deserves to be in DCS.

Not the most manoeuvrable, but a very desirable machine

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.