Tip for increased performance - Use second PC as server!!!

SW0RDF15H

This has given me an amazing performance increase in the KA-50 Vergeev Group Campaign.

First mission sat on the runway where the Civ jets are taking off.

Normal Single player campaign I get between 22 and 40 fps.

Using the method here and setting up my own local Muliplayer game I am getting 58 - 80

This has given me an amazing performance increase in the KA-50 Vergeev Group Campaign.

First mission sat on the runway where the Civ jets are taking off.

Normal Single player campaign I get between 22 and 40 fps.

Using the method here and setting up my own local Muliplayer game I am getting 58 - 80

Glad it's working for you! Worth the additional effort!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out my F15C BFM & ACM Training Missions:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2167735/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, I'm afraid you do. You need two separate accounts on DCS, each with bought copies of the modules that you're using in your missions. It wasn't too bad for me, as I only fly the F15 on Nevada. So I had to buy the Nevada terrain twice, the f15 module twice, and the f15 red flag campaign twice. Worth it for those extra frame though lol

Disclaimer: I've not read the whole thread, so apologies if this is old information.

I've just set up a local server using a brand new freebie account. Copied the missions over from my paid account (with premium aircraft) etc to the free-install server box and I can fly with any aircraft I like.

You do not need to purchase all your modules over again. :)

--Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

Disclaimer: I've not read the whole thread, so apologies if this is old information.

I've just set up a local server using a brand new freebie account. Copied the missions over from my paid account (with premium aircraft) etc to the free-install server box and I can fly with any aircraft I like.

--Baker

The only thing i havent been able to get working is paid for Campaigns. It errors when i try to copy them over.

Looks like you would need to purchase the module and campaign again :(

--Baker

But are you talking about DCS 2.0 here?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, this is 1.5.6. I can give it a shot with 2.0.6 as well if you like.

Ah right, I get it. 2.0+ is useless without NTTR...

Okay, don't think you'll have as much luck with 2.0.

There's been some confusion in this thread. I was sharing this method because those of us who use VR need more performance headroom, but anyone still using DCS 1.5 may as well give up with VR, as the old graphics engine won't get you anywhere near a constant 90fps. Just FYI

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... anyone still using DCS 1.5 may as well give up with VR, as the old graphics engine won't get you anywhere near a constant 90fps. Just FYI

What on earth are you talking about?

I have below the recommended spec for VR and have very few issues with it in 1.56 - never have, in any version, tbh. Why anyone would give up just because they can't get a constant 90fps is a mystery?

DCSW ran great under ATW - a little less so under ASW - but I fail to see why anyone would give up on VR because they can't get 90fps.

Sounds like something someone would come out with before the Rift was released and we all saw the facts with our own eyes.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

1.5 and 2.0 now use the same graphics engine.

I think he's referring to the fact, that old non-clip-mapped terrain rendering method used in 1.5.x doesn't utilize gfx cards as efficiently as 2.0.x does. For my old GTX780 it's 66% vs 100% respectively, in next gen cards the difference is probably even bigger.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I think he's referring to the fact, that old non-clip-mapped terrain rendering method used in 1.5.x doesn't utilize gfx cards as efficiently as 2.0.x does. For my old GTX780 it's 66% vs 100% respectively, in next gen cards the difference is probably even bigger.

Exactly. Just look at CPU render times between 1.5 and 2.0. It's a completely different ball game. Offloading more of that work to the GPU gets you a better chance at smooth gameplay.

Unfortunately, 'smooth gameplay' seems to be a surprisingly subjective thing for a lot of people.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Exactly. Just look at CPU render times between 1.5 and 2.0. It's a completely different ball game. Offloading more of that work to the GPU gets you a better chance at smooth gameplay.

Unfortunately, 'smooth gameplay' seems to be a surprisingly subjective thing for a lot of people.

Nevertheless, they are using the same graphics engine. Take it from me (or the 1.5.5 patch notes if you like) as somebody who gets to see right inside DCS's graphics pipeline.

The Caucuses map and the Nevada map are certainly different beasts, yet rendered by exactly the same engine (EDGE). We're splitting hairs now, though.

My contention within this thread remains, however, that in order to run DCS on a second box as an AI server, the only things you need to re-purchase are the NTTR terrain and any premium campaign that utilises DCS's copy protection system - most certainly not every aircraft module.

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

I tried this myself tonight, but unfortunately did not gain any fps from this. Both in a low and heavy AI environment.

In either case worth a shot, and learned something along the way.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index