Carburettor toggle switch

crowebar

Really pleased with myself, in fact smug is probably best description. I assigned the APU switch on warthog throttle to carburettor flap toggle some time ago. But the slightly annoying thing with this is only switch forward opened or closed the flap, so each time I had to flick switch forward, and then back again.

So after some research I have modified the joystick default.lua file so the APU switch acts as a true toggle switch, when fwd the flap is open and when back the flap is shut. I know this has been covered for A10 etc before, I researched previous posts to learn how to do it. But I wanted to share this as I impressed myself! lol.

I find the APU switch works well for this as it is easily thumbed when adjusting the RPM lever post takeoff and in the landing circuit.

I then went a step further and created my first ovgme mod for this toggle switch mod. Big steps for a beginner to DCS

Edited by crowebar

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...