Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

19 hours ago, sthompson said:

Could someone explain what is meant by "limited airframes?" I assume that is different from limited slots, since there were plenty of F-5 slots available when I have tried to use the server.

The most important thing is that if you want to leave the game, please land on correct airfield with spawn slot of that airframe you are flying. If you leave plane mid-air, plane is lost, if you land on airfield without spawn slot there, plane is essentially lost too (as you cant spawn there). Its not such a loss with e.g. F5 (usually 70ish airframes), but in case of like F-14A (sometimes as few as 6 per whole mission!), thats a big loss.

@Alpenwolf

as there are foggy (sandstorm?) conditions in Search & Destroy, is it possible to activate ICLS for supercarrier for F-14s for landing? Thanks 

Edited by The_Tau
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NELLUS said:

Just a heads up on Fight Island (my favorite mission), x2 F5’s slots at Khasab were bugged and not flyable. 

Thanks for reporting! Fixed.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

@AlpenwolfCan you check the Mi-8 spawns for Behind Enemy Lines? It seems as if there is some glitch that prevents their spawning entirely which hampers Red's ability to win the mission effectively. In addition, the FARP spawns on Sukhumi Unleashed make it so helicopters spawn inside each other. I've been told that this is because of a quad helipad system which is quite dated in comparison to others. Thanks 🙂

Edited by Zachrix

17 hours ago, The_Tau said:

The most important thing is that if you want to leave the game, please land on correct airfield with spawn slot of that airframe you are flying. If you leave plane mid-air, plane is lost, if you land on airfield without spawn slot there, plane is essentially lost too (as you cant spawn there). Its not such a loss with e.g. F5 (usually 70ish airframes), but in case of like F-14A (sometimes as few as 6 per whole mission!), thats a big loss.

@Alpenwolf

as there are foggy (sandstorm?) conditions in Search & Destroy, is it possible to activate ICLS for supercarrier for F-14s for landing? Thanks 

So if you land a plane on the wrong airfield, it is still added to the resources there ? In that case why not allow spawning from more fields, but have the F5 (or others) resource available initially only on 1 field. When you land F5 on another field you will now be able to respawn it from there.

Is that possible? At least this way the resource is not entirely lost.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

2 hours ago, Bozon said:

So if you land a plane on the wrong airfield, it is still added to the resources there ? In that case why not allow spawning from more fields, but have the F5 (or others) resource available initially only on 1 field. When you land F5 on another field you will now be able to respawn it from there.

Is that possible? At least this way the resource is not entirely lost.

It is exactly that way. Always check what airbases belong to your coalition and whether there are available slots for that type of aircraft or not. Depending on the scenario of a mission some airbases only allow a certain type of aircraft. The MiG-21 and the F-5 are the two aircraft available the most. Still, check it out first. Take a look at the F10 map. Study the environment a bit. Plan your egress carefully and keep in mind what airbases are suited for your aircraft. Check out if they have any weapons left in their warehouses too. Players should bring their teamwork element with them. Very vital! Each aircraft and asset counts. I don't want players just to hit fly and go for it. Which is why I'm trying to make things a bit more dependant on teamwork and strategic thinking. With all the feedback from players over the years I've been able to design missions exactly that way. Not saying they're perfect so always write whatever you want or think should be better.

Cheers!

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

9 hours ago, Zachrix said:

@AlpenwolfCan you check the Mi-8 spawns for Behind Enemy Lines? It seems as if there is some glitch that prevents their spawning entirely which hampers Red's ability to win the mission effectively. In addition, the FARP spawns on Sukhumi Unleashed make it so helicopters spawn inside each other. I've been told that this is because of a quad helipad system which is quite dated in comparison to others. Thanks 🙂

Thanks for reporting. Fixed.

I had 24 x Mi-28N's instead of 24 x Mi-8MTV2's added by mistake which is why there where no Mi-8's at all. Not that I would mind that beauty added to DCS one day 😉

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

@Alpenwolf After one-eleven was gracious enough to provide MiG-29s on Open Range and I was GCI, we had this slimy little guy burn through our MiG-29s by flying around and yeeting them into the ground. When I confronted him in chat, he told me to 'suck it' and to do my homework, probably not realising I left University years ago. Ban PeaceDog?Screenshot (120).png

Screen_210331_192424.png

8 hours ago, LegionCW said:

@Alpenwolf After one-eleven was gracious enough to provide MiG-29s on Open Range and I was GCI, we had this slimy little guy burn through our MiG-29s by flying around and yeeting them into the ground. When I confronted him in chat, he told me to 'suck it' and to do my homework, probably not realising I left University years ago. Ban PeaceDog?Screenshot (120).png

Screen_210331_192424.png

Do you have a tacview file of him teamkilling players?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

4 hours ago, NELLUS said:

Is the R60 supposed to be all aspect? It's not the first time that I have seen it perform like this. 

I guess it shouldnt, but considering I got shot down by R3S (!!!) by MiG 19 in zero aspect, head on situation, I am not surprised 😛

@Alpenwolf I had this F-14A/B bug again in When The Mountains Cry but I did spawned as F-14A so its just wrong label? very weird...

Edited by The_Tau

27 minutes ago, The_Tau said:

I guess it shouldnt, but considering I got shot down by R3S (!!!) by MiG 19 in zero aspect, head on situation, I am not surprised 😛

@Alpenwolf I had this F-14A/B bug again in When The Mountains Cry but I did spawned as F-14A so its just wrong label? very weird...

Maybe the R-3S simply proximity detonated if you flew in a straight line? Just because it won't track in a head-on, doesn't mean that it won't kill you if you fly in a straight line (I think).

5 hours ago, NELLUS said:

Is the R60 supposed to be all aspect? It's not the first time that I have seen it perform like this. 

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.01 - 09.38.53.03 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.01 - 09.42.58.68 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.01 - 09.48.54.67 (2).png

Yeah I saw that in Tacview, but you do see that it doesn't track for the majority of the time (straight smoke trail), and only turns at the last second when it's a side-aspect shot.

6 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Do you have a tacview file of him teamkilling players?

Didn't say he was teamkilling, just deliberately sabotaging the Fulcrum airframes by yeeting them into the ground. Also I can't tell if that's a display error or not that we only have 6 total available now? Could've sworn it's been 8, 10 or 12 in the past. Also, the trackfile exceeds attachment size.

Mission: Mountain Peaks

Small number of MiG21 slots, no helicopter slots and nothing for JTAC or tac. command to do but GCI.

Can we pretty please get Mi8 slots atleast with S5s and Huye for Blue so we have something to do.

Flying choppers  in hills would be interesting and would maybe give something fighters to shoot with those horrible old missiles.

3 hours ago, Apok said:

Mission: Mountain Peaks

Small number of MiG21 slots, no helicopter slots and nothing for JTAC or tac. command to do but GCI.

Can we pretty please get Mi8 slots atleast with S5s and Huye for Blue so we have something to do.

Flying choppers  in hills would be interesting and would maybe give something fighters to shoot with those horrible old missiles.

It's a mission featuring the early stages of the Cold War; hence no helicopters. Also, I wanted for the change to have players focus more on strike missions. No ground warfare this time, however through the JTAC slots you have access to AA units. It doesn't always have to be the same with the only change being the geographical location. Gotta mix it up a bit, you know. On the other hand, show me an Mi-6/4/2 (drooling already) and I'll happily include those and their Blue counterparts.

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

On 4/1/2021 at 11:01 AM, NELLUS said:

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.01 - 09.38.53.03 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.01 - 09.42.58.68 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.01 - 09.48.54.67 (2).png

Nellus here is chart for performance of our Lord and savior R60 that can help you with what happened.

164443_219116077_B7A8C09C-2558-4898-949A-F3CF9872C5AF.jpeg

1 hour ago, Apok said:

Nellus here is chart for performance of our Lord and savior R60 that can help you with what happened.

164443_219116077_B7A8C09C-2558-4898-949A-F3CF9872C5AF.jpeg

Thank’s Apok 🙂
The 21 launched the R60 from an angle of 30-60 degrees on the F5 with presumably a lock tone. This is, according to the drawing 9L and a touch of R60M territory. Just wish ED’s could straighten this bug out. 

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Uncool cheating this evening.  Nothing worse that players swapping sides and destroying the vehicles with intent.  Callsigns =X51=AK & =BK=Chekist[39] both swopped sides during the last couple of hours because we were starting to push them back.  I could of missed it if I was not watching as GCI.  This thankfully is not a common thing, I'm not saying it was just red, it depends upon whom they wish to mess around on the side.  I did notice the reds having issue with pilots killing their own ground targets, like wise not cool.  because you do it to your side does'nt make it right to then do it on the other to ballence it out.

I know there are some speople whom enjoy this soret of thing, but you spend good money on this sim.  Don't waste it.

Rant over............

Mike-Delta..

• Like 3

@Alpenwolf @Zachrix We had a guy yesterday sit in a fulcrum on the airfield for a little under an hour, and then simply leaving without having taken off once. We've had issues with him before and he keeps changing the first part of his callsign so no idea how easy it'll be to BLAMhammer. Any thoughts on making some of us admins such as @MarkMD?

Screenshot (131).png

Screenshot (132).png

2 hours ago, LegionCW said:

@Alpenwolf @Zachrix We had a guy yesterday sit in a fulcrum on the airfield for a little under an hour, and then simply leaving without having taken off once. We've had issues with him before and he keeps changing the first part of his callsign so no idea how easy it'll be to BLAMhammer. Any thoughts on making some of us admins such as @MarkMD?

Screenshot (131).png

Screenshot (132).png

I mean... I've joined a server and slotted before and then received an important phone call which took an extended period of time before and forgot I was in DCS.  Wasn't intentional but it happens, give the person a chance.  If this behavior is so bad then maybe add an AFK time to every slot so if you are AFK for more than 10 minutes on the ramp then you should be kicked to spectators.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F16wannabe said:

I mean... I've joined a server and slotted before and then received an important phone call which took an extended period of time before and forgot I was in DCS.  Wasn't intentional but it happens, give the person a chance.  If this behavior is so bad then maybe add an AFK time to every slot so if you are AFK for more than 10 minutes on the ramp then you should be kicked to spectators.  

I feel like this is a good solution, but unfortunately as legion said it's happened a few times with certain individuals. I wouldn't put it past people intent on keeping the slot locked out from jumping back to spectators and then back in at the 9 min mark.

Side notes; On battle over Sukhumi, the red FARP in the valley held at mission start still has issues with the helicopter spawns; KA-50's and MI-8's will routinely spawn inside of each other on the pad leading to the loss of both airframes.

We had another team killing incident with the No.15 squadron shooting down a froggy last night, I don't have the tac view but hopefully @LegionCW or @Zachrix will be able to supply what I lack. If I remember correctly, Zach also has the Tac's of the other incidents in which they've done this

Quick edit: looks like that 25 died from literally nothing on the tac view, so the 15 guys aren't to blame on this occasion

Edited by CAPT_Kirkpatrick

1 hour ago, CAPT_Kirkpatrick said:

I feel like this is a good solution, but unfortunately as legion said it's happened a few times with certain individuals. I wouldn't put it past people intent on keeping the slot locked out from jumping back to spectators and then back in at the 9 min mark.

Side notes; On battle over Sukhumi, the red FARP in the valley held at mission start still has issues with the helicopter spawns; KA-50's and MI-8's will routinely spawn inside of each other on the pad leading to the loss of both airframes.

We had another team killing incident with the No.15 squadron shooting down a froggy last night, I don't have the tac view but hopefully @LegionCW or @Zachrix will be able to supply what I lack. If I remember correctly, Zach also has the Tac's of the other incidents in which they've done this

Or maybe a newbie trying to figure things out? Was there any attempt to contact the person? First time on a server it can take some time to figure out what you should be doing, and someone might not realize they are screwing up the mission for others.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals