Auto Hover and auto collecting not working for me

Simon1279

I have no problem to engage the auto hover but last night in a Caucasia Training ground server with the M version was imposible, almost 5 km/h ground speed, almost 0 vs and with the chopper stabilized and the auto hover didn’t work, auto pilot on, giro on too but nothing happened.

I landed the chopper, turn off all the system and all on again including the turbine but nothing again.

Any suggestions?

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Can you bring me a track? If needed I can bring you support in spanish.

Chinook lover - Rober -

Can you bring me a track? If needed I can bring you support in spanish.

I was hosting the server and I can't find the track file but I uploaded the same mission again today, wait for giro and nadir to align, engage the autopilot and then auto-hover and work fine today. obviously, it was me the problem like always according to my wife.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

I was hosting the server and I can't find the track file but I uploaded the same mission again today, wait for giro and nadir to align, engage the autopilot and then auto-hover and work fine today. obviously, it was me the problem like always according to my wife.

Don't worry, we all make mistakes. Good to hear you managed to solve it. Have fun!

Chinook lover - Rober -

• 4 weeks later...

THere may be a wind limit. But, yes, I find auto-hover to be inconsistent . Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. But then also, I experience manual hovering with 10 degree bank, and near zero KIAS. Thats a head scratcher for me. I've never seen real helicopter able to hover with a bank.

• 4 months later...

I found that pressing the button AUTOPILOT MASTER under category "pilot stick" once, it tends to activate the AH.

Worth trying because this thing has caused me liters of headaches.

And of course your autopilot master, pitch, roll and yaw switches must be switched on for AH to work.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump this but i had the same problem someone else did, mapping the fuel flow lever to an axis unfortunately causes this not to work. Mapped it to buttons instead and now autohover is working perfectly. Maybe the axis endpoint can be tuned.. ill mess with it and report back.

GTX 1080Ti, i7 8700@4.4Ghz, 16Gb DDR4.

9 hours ago, cloudkake said:

Maybe the axis endpoint can be tuned.. ill mess with it and report back.

This is an example of how to setup an axis for the Fuel Lever with deadzones,

DCS Gazelle Fuel Flow Lever Axis with deadzones, Screen_211129_014020.jpg

...  the exact deadzone values and whether you'll need to invert it, will depend on your joystick/throttle.

• Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 4 months later...

They must be joking us.  On my logitech Extreme 3d pro joystick there is NO WAY I can make it's yaw and pitch stay stable enough to get the vertical speed in the center. 

I spent wayyyyy too much time trying to do that simple thing you would think . If I change my joystick profile to deaden the center or change it in any way to fly this chopper ,then the Joystick becomes no good for flying every other type of aircraft I am using the joystick for.  

OMG I just read one of the last posts and found out I did not have AUTOPILOT Master on  ..     All the above was true and would have  remained as until I flipped this switch on.     Maybe they can put that crucial fact somewhere in BOLD font in their manual . Mind you if they put everything I needed in BOLD  they'd run outa ink!!

Edited by Lineaxe
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 7:40 PM, Lineaxe said:

They must be joking us.  On my logitech Extreme 3d pro joystick there is NO WAY I can make it's yaw and pitch stay stable enough to get the vertical speed in the center. 

I spent wayyyyy too much time trying to do that simple thing you would think . If I change my joystick profile to deaden the center or change it in any way to fly this chopper ,then the Joystick becomes no good for flying every other type of aircraft I am using the joystick for.  

OMG I just read one of the last posts and found out I did not have AUTOPILOT Master on  ..     All the above was true and would have  remained as until I flipped this switch on.     Maybe they can put that crucial fact somewhere in BOLD font in their manual . Mind you if they put everything I needed in BOLD  they'd run outa ink!!

Autopilot master switch needs to be ON - took me ages to work that out too.  At the moment I have it mapped to a button on my stick, and if I accidentally press it I'm mystified why I can't auto-hover until I notice the switch is off when I glance down. 

Is there a reason why you'd want to have the master AP switch off?  If not, I'll definitely unassign it so I don't catch it accidentally again.

• 4 weeks later...
Am 19.4.2022 um 00:32 schrieb Lineaxe:

I was trying to hover with another player in Copilot Position in the SA342M.   Tried to Autohover for 5 minutes . Is there no way you can autohover with 2 players in the Chopper?

I am owning the Gazelle for three Days and was able to get into AH within 3min. Usually i cutoff collectiv an dpull back to reduce speed. Than start to get in to hoover. Usually i fiddle collective betwenn 55-60% so vertical speed is about 0 and then i just working on the stick to get the chopper steady

• 2 weeks later...