DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

The Switch Panel and Radio Panel are working perfectly and I´m thinking about buying the Multi Panel. But I have no idea what A-10 functions I could use with the Multi Panel. Just for showing me the heading or altitude it´s a little bit to expensive.

Do you have any suggestions?

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

@Hammer -- I might change things around a bit, but at the moment I'm using the push buttons for the start-up tests: signal lights, fire warning, fuel gauge and oxygen tests. I use another push button to set take-off trim. I use the knob to set heading and the trim wheel to set bearing on the HSI (or vice versa, not sure). I don't use the flap lever in the A-10, but I do use it in the MiG-21.

Hope this helps.

Paul

@pdmarsh -- Thanks for the input. The use of the knobs for the HSI is a great idea. Ordered them already :thumbup:

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

The Multi Panel arrived and is running.

But I have two questions:

1) What settings do I have to make to set the buttons (HDG, NAV, IAS,...) as PUSH buttons (like Signal Test and Oxy Test,...)? Right now they are only working as Switches

2) The Display shows me the Heading and Altitude, are there any other functions avaliable?

Thank you :thumbup:

Any hints ? :(

@Hammer -- I don't have time for much more at the moment, but I have attached my A-10C profile. You should be able to see how I have the push buttons mapped. You also should be able to cut and paste the lines if you want.

Hope this helps for now.

Paul

A-10C.zip

Edited by pdmarsh

@pdmarsh -- I copied the lines from your profile and everything is working now :thumbup:

Hi Hammer,

-Other functions for the other buttons are still WIP. Our main issue is the way DCS manage data. For example, vertical speed, as we know it is plus or minus Something. Under the Hood, DCS value has no minus and it isn't written in ft/sec. So we still have some work to do on it. Some value can still be used with a few test and try. You can lookup PDMARSH's example & explanation here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2355231&postcount=116

Don't hesitate if you have question. I apologize for the late answer.

Do you have an actual huey profile as a template as well? Would love to not having to start from scratch. :helpsmilie:

I will post my configuration file this evening. I make heavy use of the Switch Panel. I have the Radio Panel configured as well as some of the LEDs on the BIP. I have to share BIP LEDs with the A-10C, so there's a bit of a compromise there. At the moment, I am only using the flap lever on the Multi Panel to shut off the alarm. I have not configured any Multi Panel buttons or knobs for the Huey as yet, I'm afraid. I do have altitude and heading configured on the display, though.

Paul

@JaBoG32_Prinzartus -- I have attached my Huey configuration file to this post. Included in the zip file is my template for the Switch Panel. This will show you how the switches are configured. The knob on the left is set up to turn on a number of radios (four, I think).

Please let me know if you have any questions on any of this.

Thanks,

Paul

UH-1H.zip

Hi Darkwolf,

thanks for the link :thumbup: and I know we all have a life besides of DCS :book:

I thought, what can i do with the Flaps Switch and now I use it to raise or lower the seat

Edited by -Hammer-

Hi Darkwolf,

thanks for the link :thumbup: and I know we all have a live besides of DCS :book:

I thought, what can i do with the Flaps Switch and now I use it to raise or lower the seat

Not a bad idea ! :thumbup:

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Great idea. I actually tried printing the same sheet twice. Didn't work. In an inkjet printer, that gets messy pretty quick. In a laser printer, the alignment just wasn't good enough. I have to give your method a try. Thanks.

Paul

I recently started tinkering with my BIP and have to say I think its pretty awesome. as a matter of fact I'm using you're profile for my a10c. one thing I was thinking in regards to the custom tiles and labels is if the ink is messy why not spray a flat clear coat on the labels before you use them. After they dry then you could stack them so the opacity is greater around the letters and the ink won't smear. Just a thought. You may be able to use hairspray as a fixative as well.

• Like 1

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

I used to printcustom label ofr a Ka50 panel i built.

Method used was to print on 10*15 stickers. (I took some UPS labels from work, but you should get stickers page on retailers as well) I would print the square in plain black with white lettering, and around the square and on the border of the stickers, verticals and horizontals lines. I printed each twice.

Then, I applied one above each other, the line helping for perfect alignment. those two stickers would match and mask the light perfectly.

After that, I put plastic layer on it. you know, those plastic sheets you apply warm on paper and it stays (sorry. I don't know the name in English). Then I cutted one side, so i can use the sticky side of the sticker to glue on white plexyglass.

Actually, I think I will give a try to reuse that method to make plexyglass slides that would cover ALL the BIP (replacing the tiles), one for each plane, so when i switch, I switch the tiles real quick :D

I recently started tinkering with my BIP and have to say I think its pretty awesome. as a matter of fact I'm using you're profile for my a10c. one thing I was thinking in regards to the custom tiles and labels is if the ink is messy why not spray a flat clear coat on the labels before you use them. After they dry then you could stack them so the opacity is greater around the letters and the ink won't smear. Just a thought. You may be able to use hairspray as a fixative as well.

I'm glad the profile is working out for you. I like the BIP as well--it's a great addition to the sim-pit. Thanks for the label tip. I'll be making new tiles again soon.

Paul

Hi all,

Long time DCS player and luker, just got me a radio panel and discovered this thread. Having a little trouble getting DCS to recognise the panel:

- Radio Panel is installed with default windows drivers (works in FSX/P3D).

- DCS bios is downloaded with the DCS-Bios+exports.lua files in savedgames > DCS > Scripts (do i have to do any further configuration there?).

- The flightpanel program opens fine and detects my radio panel, upon opening my radio panel shows 0's in all boxes.

- After selecting the A10 Modue, my error log shows this:

24.05.2015 01:58:15  version : 2.1.65.3273
666 Custom message = [Via SaitekPanel.SetLastException()]
System.NullReferenceException
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at NonVisuals.RadioPanelPZ69A10C.Startup()

- DCS doesnt recognise any of my inputs.

Edit:

- Running Win 8.1 x64 with UAC off

- I have the DCS-Bios control reference page running in chrome but i don't really know what im looking for/at there...

Hi, does the DCS-BIOS Control Reference page work for you? If not then you need to get DCS-BIOS working first.

Go into the cockpit and choose Live Data from the drop down in DCS-BIOS Control Reference page. You should be able to see all parameters changing. Does the wheel/cog in FP turn when you start a mission? This indicates that FP receives data from DCS-BIOS.

My Export.lua (C:\Users\Jerker\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts) reads

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

and the DCS-BIOS folder is located in the same directory.

Hi all,

Long time DCS player and luker, just got me a radio panel and ...

Edit:

- Running Win 8.1 x64 with UAC off

- I have the DCS-Bios control reference page running in chrome but i don't really know what im looking for/at there...

Edited by ArturDCS

Yes the reference page works. Just figured that part out (had the metadataend page, not the A10 page up), can control things in the sim from that page. My export.lua reads identical to yours.

No the wheel/cog does not turn at all when playing the instant action East Georgia mission. Program is allowed through firewall. Tried loading the panel program both before DCS and whilst DCS is running

OK good. Have you tried running FP as Administrator? Ookami has some experience regarding Windows 8.1 troubleshooting. Lets wake him up.

Yes the reference page works. Just figured that part out (had the metadataend page, not the A10 page up), can control things in the sim from that page. My export.lua reads identical to yours.

No the wheel/cog does not turn at all when playing the instant action East Georgia mission. Program is allowed through firewall. Tried loading the panel program both before DCS and whilst DCS is running

Unfortunately those error messages doesn't help me find why it would behave like that. I hope this has to do with 8.1 which has been problematic for some.

Yes FP is being ran as admininstrator, no difference :(

eidt: having looked at the error log again, I've been getting that same block of messages each time the programs started

hello ArthutDCS

I've been watching your contribution to the Saitek panels to put on DCS but when I get to modify the export.lua file I am not where to put the line, truth is I have no idea of programming, I appreciate you to tell me where I have to write the line

"Dofile (lfs. Writedir () .. [[scripts \ DCS-BIOS \ BIOS.lua]])"

thanks in advance I hope your answer

a greeting

hello ArthutDCS

I've been watching your contribution to the Saitek panels to put on DCS but when I get to modify the export.lua file I am not where to put the line, truth is I have no idea of programming, I appreciate you to tell me where I have to write the line

"Dofile (lfs. Writedir () .. [[scripts \ DCS-BIOS \ BIOS.lua]])"

thanks in advance I hope your answer

a greeting

Hi!

You need to install DCS-BIOS (Step 1: Setting up DCS-BIOS). Have you done that? The

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

line should be in the end of the Export.lua.

Once you have done that report back and we'll take it from there. :pilotfly: