Communications

Bingo123

Which radio are you using, there are two?

Set your freq in game and test that.

Pull the comm button out, then enter your tower freq in the UFC, press enter, and try see what happens.

What keystrokes are you using to bring up the menu? (I have them bound to HOTAS so can't remember them offhand, but I think it is something like Left Alt+\ for left radio 1 and right Alt+\ for radio 2)

What keystrokes are you using to bring up the menu? (I have them bound to HOTAS so can't remember them offhand, but I think it is something like Left Alt+\ for left radio 1 and right Alt+\ for radio 2)

This ^^^

Though, just make sure to use the proper keystrokes, as some of us have slash some others backslash, so simply find the folowing keybinding names in your control menu:

COMM Switch - Comm 1

(Make sure it's backslash or Slash when using)

COMM Switch - Comm 2

(Make sure it's backslash or Slash when using)

And make sure to use the right comm switch for the radio you pushed the grey knob on the UFC. normal Communication menu mostly only works for Ground Crew so once you are airborn mostly nothing from normal Communication menu (usaly / or \) works, maybe F-10 Other option might well though, i'm pretty sure. But any comm like AWACS, Towers etc.. won'T work.

Also, if using Easy Comms as you mentionned, there seems to be an issue sometimes, as you'Re using Easy Comms, entering the frq as some says it's not necessary as it's gonna tune itself automaticly on the Radio you use, though, as i mentionned, sometimes there is a sorta bug if you do not manualy enter the Frequency even though it does it, you need to do the comm two times in a row the first time you contact a new tower/frequency, what i mean is, the first time you open the radio meny, for exemple if you contact Krymsk, the option is greyed out like al others, so once you contact it first, it's gonna auto tune to that frequency, but won't make the call, so you simply recontact a second time and this time the name will be white as tuned in, happens to me quite a few times, as the first time it auto-tunes and the second times and forward it's white and tuned to the frquency and the contact works... but seems like a bug as it doesn't always happens, so if once doesn'T work, try doing it a second time.

Edited by Doum76