VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to know if it is possible to get a longer cable or extension cable between the black box and the MCG base. Or if anyone knows where to get a similar one.

Thanks.

I purchased this one for my setup, it maybe be a little longer than what you are looking for but it works perfect!

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Double-Aviation-Connector-Electrical/dp/B01N7WAHPX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538223518&sr=8-1&keywords=uxcell%2BGX12%2B4%2BPins%2BDouble%2BFemale%2BHead%2BAviation%2BSocket%2BConnector%2BElectrical%2BCable%2B2m

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

That's a pretty good deal.

The price is right and it's available in US and Canada (and maybe elsewhere).

SnowTiger:joystick:

A little long but ok. If Vkb cannot get me one that is shorter i will consider it.

Thanks.

I might be interested in something like that myself.

I don't know that I need it quite that long but I'm interested to know if there are longer cables and if so what are their lengths (if standard lengths are available versus custom).

No longer than 2 meters (depends on the quality of the wire)

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a profile and/or firmware for both TM WH grip and MGC Pro?

I'm certainly no expert on the topic, but Thrustmaster Warthog and VKB MGC (Modern Combat Grip) are made by two separate manufacturers.

As such, they each have their own software.

VKB's software can be obtained via their website https://vkbcontrollers.com/

and the same for Th WH

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/hotaswarthogflightstick-en/

I hope this helps.

No, for use one or other grip you need load the specific firmware for you base - Gladiator PRO or Gunfighter, every time that swap grips.

SnowTriger confuse things, if Warthog grip is used in other brand base - is supported by VKB and VPC bases, no Thrustmaster software/firmware/driver is need.

Have a look at Joystick Gremlin

https://whitemagic.github.io/JoystickGremlin/overview/

Sent from my MediaPad using Tapatalk

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

They have adapter for TM WH grip which I have and wish to use. I can change firmware to do this, but changing profile only would be preferable.

Since MCG Pro and TM Warthog grips differ in the number of available buttons, hats, etc. I doubt changing the profile only would be enough.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

You theoretically could have the grip communicate with the base directly and inform it of its identity, but that would require additional electronics and firmware written for that purpose, which increases price which defeats the appeal of modular grips. It takes a few seconds to select the required firmware. Hardly a big imposition.

There is at present no other way to do it, nor is that likely to ever change.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Shame this stick seems to have dropped off production I'm looking for a good stick to fly fa 18 and f14 upon release.. I getting sick of the x56.

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

Please see this:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=tm-warthog-adapter

They have adapter for TM WH grip which I have and wish to use. I can change firmware to do this, but changing profile only would be preferable.

In VKB FTP are profiles for KG-12B and TM Warthog grip - for Black Box (Gunfighter), but not for MCG or MCG PRO.

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Profiles/BlackBox/

MCG's have micro controller inside, work as individual "entity" and probable their own firmware.

Edited by Sokol1_br

• 3 weeks later...

I got the brake lever working as axis with a button press at the end of travel. Now, its probably more a dcs ka-50 module issue than the joystick.

I've assigned the brake lever axis to brakes, and the button press to parking brake, both work fine. Except in game, if you move the lever after the button press for brakes, its resets the parking state. Any way to get over that? Almost sure its just how the dcs module is set to work.

Edit: Also, if anyone can help with the flip up trigger for gun select, that would be nice. Atm its "working" somewhat, but again its probably just the ka-50 module working funny with toggle switches, have to flip it back and forth a few times for gun select to get working.

Edited by Ro_Bert

I use the same Lever for Mustang Brakes (I also have toe brakes on my pedals) because it "should" depress both brakes evenly.

However, it seems to only activate one side of brakes or More on one side than the other. Especially after the first press of the brake lever.

I have checked and doubled checked in VKB's software and DCS Controls Options. Everything seems to be working properly with the stick.

It just doesn't seem to work correctly in the Mustang (and possibly other Modules).

(DCS) P-51 have no option for "wheel brakes" assignment (e.g. like Spitfire), neither should have because their IRL brake system is "toe brakes" - Spitfire allow because their IRL system is "differential brakes" or "British brake system".

Then for use this single axes (joy lever) for depress 2 brake axes (right/left wheel) simultaneous you need create two virtual axes with this lever axis.

VKB DevCFG is able to do this, ask in VKB forum - Technical support or consult their manual.

Try use the button pressed by this lever for do this will not work because DCS controls don't allow use one button already assigned for one command for another (IL-2 CloD and IL-@:Bo'Series allow).

Edited by Sokol1_br

Sokol, can you tell me the easy version for setting up toe brakes with my VKB Mk IV pedals?!

This is simple, open VKB T-Link software, assign one joy button to be brakes, minimize T-Link and in game assign the two virtual axes created by press this button for P-51 R/L brakes.

T-Link guide.

Edited by Sokol1_br

• 2 months later...

So I just realised I've had my GFPro and MCG Pro for 1 year now. While I love it, I have still seen nothing that helps me with the folding trigger. Is it still impossible to get a momentary button press to fire when folding up/down?

The folding trigger is supposed to be a feature of the grip, yet I barely find a use for it with its current behaviour. :(

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

I myself use my folding trigger usually for firing when depressed, and to select "Gun" or toggle "Safety On/Off" by flicking it up.

If that's something more esoteric you're trying to accomplish, I would suggest to visit the official VKB Support forums (VKB developers and knowledgeable community are able to help).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com