Perun for DCS World

Perun for DCS World

Fellow server admins! I'm not sure how many of you will be interested in or how many of you is looking for possibility to push DCS data directly to MySQL database, but for those who need such solution I may have a good news. :thumbup:

Since the last February I've been crafting a external mod "Perun for DCS World" which is basing on DCS's API and Hooks mechanism. It's was tested extensively at my community and I'm sure there should be not major crashes or stability issues.

Feel free to use it and if you'd like to contribute or start making open source GUI for this data, please let me know via PM.

The app is distributed per standard MIT license; it's free, but I'd kindly ask all the users to let me know in this thread that you use it with the name of your community/website, it would be nice to know that somebody is using it as well. :book:

This is how the GUI looks like:

JIlLENam.png

Stats system build using Perun collected data:

Main features

• Providing realtime server information (players logged in, mission status/name etc.)
  • Collecting game statistics
  • Collecting event log
  • Logging chat conversations
  • Logging logins to the server
  • LotATC JSON file integration
  • DCS SRS JSON file integration

Manual: Installation, Running and Database structure

https://github.com/szporwolik/perun

Download

https://github.com/szporwolik/perun/releases

Discord

https://discord.gg/MTahREx

Bug tracker/Feature requests

https://github.com/szporwolik/perun/issues

Edited by VladMordock
  • Like 1

Zapraszam na Gildia.org - polska społeczność DCS. :thumbup:

Just want to applaud VladMordock on this excellent program. I had the luck of stumbling across this on another post and he was gracious enough to share it during development. In a very short time he made some great improvements and here he is releasing it to the rest of the DCS community already.

I having it running without issues on two server and populating the MySQL database. Can say thank you enough!!!

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

vusn.org

Going to give this a try.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I installed today, want to try but didnt settup database (only files in scripts/ folder) and i leave it but suddenly i had this problem https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4095724#post4095724 explained in post 2 ...Problem gone after i delete Perun files from scripts folder.

From dcs.log so many tries by Perun:

2019-11-02 19:13:00.883 INFO    DCS: Screen: MainMenu
2019-11-02 19:13:00.886 INFO    LuaNET: [Perun] Updating mission data
2019-11-02 19:13:00.886 INFO    LuaNET: [Perun] Mission data updated
2019-11-02 19:13:00.886 INFO    LuaNET: [Perun] Sending server data
2019-11-02 19:13:00.886 INFO    LuaNET: [Perun] Packed not send : 1 , error: Socket is not connected, tries: 0
2019-11-02 19:13:00.886 INFO    LuaNET: [Perun] Connecting to TCP server
2019-11-02 19:13:01.900 INFO    LuaNET: [Perun] ERROR - TCP connection error : connection refused

... and more than 2000 lines of Perun errors before i kill dcs

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

I installed today, want to try but didnt settup database (only files in scripts/ folder) and i leave it but suddenly i had this problem https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4095724#post4095724 explained in post 2 ...Problem gone after i delete Perun files from scripts folder.

Mea culpa - I forgot that somebody can try to use it without database support, will update readme.

If you do not need mysql, go with https://github.com/mrSkortch/DCS-SLmod you will get a few dozen times more features from it. :)

Win APP and MySQL connection is mandatory for Perun.

PS. Debug logs in critical situation can create delays, lower debug level to 1 or - for "production" use - 0.

Edited by VladMordock

... and more than 2000 lines of Perun errors before i kill dcs

Small update on that as additional person had the same, please ensure that port/instance id used in windows app is the same as in the options section of the lua file; default config pushed to github was not consistent.

It seems that ps_kills and ps_pvp in the database isn't collecting any data. Not sure is it is because we haven't had any players log those types of items. So is it correct that ps_kills is how many times you have been killed by another player and ps_pvp is how many other players you have killed? All other fields are collecting data, so it is just these two.

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

vusn.org

It seems that ps_kills and ps_pvp in the database isn't collecting any data. Not sure is it is because we haven't had any players log those types of items. So is it correct that ps_kills is how many times you have been killed by another player and ps_pvp is how many other players you have killed? All other fields are collecting data, so it is just these two.

ps_pvp - this will happen where human plane will be destroyed by human plane and both of guys are in different coalitions - this is confirmed to be working with v0.9.1 (have data collected at my servers)

ps_kills - you are absolutely right, this is obsolete, it changed to the ps_kills_other and I forgot to delete if from database

Thank you for information! :)

• 10 months later...

Project is still alive. :smilewink:

You can download latest version at https://github.com/szporwolik/perun/releases .

I have recently added simple example how to pull the data from the database in the common PHP+MySQL scenario: https://github.com/szporwolik/perun/blob/master/04_Misc/05_PHP_Example/index.php

• 4 months later...

Hi @VladMordock! Thanks for this program.

I'm trying to use it on our server, and I get an repeating error on one of our servers.

2021-02-03  11:17:02 | Instance: 1 | X | > |   3 | ERROR MySQL - error id: 1406
2021-02-03  11:17:02 | Instance: 1 | X | > |   3 | ERROR MySQL - query: INSERT INTO `pe_DataRaw` (`pe_dataraw_type`,`pe_dataraw_instance`) SELECT '3','1' FROM DUAL WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM `pe_DataRaw` WHERE `pe_dataraw_type` = '3' AND `pe_dataraw_instance` = 1);UPDATE `pe_DataRaw` SET `pe_dataraw_payload` = @PAR_TCPFramePayload, `pe_dataraw_updated`='2021-02-03 11:16:54' WHERE `pe_dataraw_type`=3 AND `pe_dataraw_instance` = 1;
2021-02-03  11:17:02 | Instance: 1 | X | > |   3 | ERROR MySQL - error: Data too long for column 'pe_dataraw_payload' at row 1

I don't know what data is set in the @PAR_TCPFramePayload parameter, but it seems to be too long.

I tried setting the pe_dataraw_payload column to VARCHAR(15000) but I still get the error.

What can I try ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

We found out how to correct the problem ; we set the pe_dataraw_payload type to MEDIUM TEXT, the limit is much higher (16MB) and it stopped complaining.

The mission we run is heavy, so that's why the payload was huge.

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I can see that v0.12.0 is a pre-release.

Is there a full release planned soon, or can we start the upgrade process (which is not trivial, as we've heavily integrated Perun with our information system) ?

@davidp57 hello again. I tried the pre release and I can't get this working. I tried Discord.

The app shows 012.0, references in the hook script and the sql configuration script show 0.12.1. The app connects for sql but the hook, after loading is doing nothing and the app doesnt recieve any events. I know it loads because the "..is started" net.log appears in my dcs.log, but the logs for the Perun logs are mostly empty of anything to do with the hook. SQL connects OK. dcs and srs do not. Just my findings, ymmv.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

On 4/6/2021 at 3:25 AM, Pikey said:

@davidp57 hello again. I tried the pre release and I can't get this working. I tried Discord.

The app shows 012.0, references in the hook script and the sql configuration script show 0.12.1. The app connects for sql but the hook, after loading is doing nothing and the app doesnt recieve any events. I know it loads because the "..is started" net.log appears in my dcs.log, but the logs for the Perun logs are mostly empty of anything to do with the hook. SQL connects OK. dcs and srs do not. Just my findings, ymmv.

The v0.12.1 is available here.

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

vusn.org