Losing Power In Turns?

Found myself dogfighting a Mustang at the deck. He came up from below and behind me, and I brought us into a scissors, my hope being that he might overshoot me because of my quick roll rate. For a while, it appeared it was actually working. I got him to close the gap, until he was practically buzzing the paint off my rudder. Then I had noticed my power had dropped, and the gap began to widen, until he was consistently behind me, and I snap-rolled into the water.

As my speed decreased, I felt and sounded like my power decreased as well. I know that the 190 bleeds speed really bad when turning, but I didn't think the engine would too. Is that actually what's happening? If I was to take the governor out of auto mode, and control RPMs manually, might I have better engine power at low speeds?

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Found myself dogfighting a Mustang at the deck. He came up from below and behind me, and I brought us into a scissors, my hope being that he might overshoot me because of my quick roll rate. For a while, it appeared it was actually working. I got him to close the gap, until he was practically buzzing the paint off my rudder. Then I had noticed my power had dropped, and the gap began to widen, until he was consistently behind me, and I snap-rolled into the water.

As my speed decreased, I felt and sounded like my power decreased as well. I know that the 190 bleeds speed really bad when turning, but I didn't think the engine would too. Is that actually what's happening? If I was to take the governor out of auto mode, and control RPMs manually, might I have better engine power at low speeds?

I can't explain this behaviour either.. power drops really quickly when doing a simple loop. It seems that the prop pitch governor can't keep up with speed changing. I flew it only a few minutes so it could be something I'm missing. Will dig further..

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Thanks. It actually sounded so low, that when I heard it drop, I checked my fuel pressure gauge to make sure I still had some

Which I did. Just wondering if I can take advantage of any potential by flying “stick”

Edited by Magic Zach

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree it's a brick.

Didn't have power and loose speed for every little move really quickly.

Can't evade any plane (even I16) and it's really difficult to beat a P51D in dogfight at low altitude ...

Just to be clear, I don't say speed is wrong. I think it behave well. But I think there is a problem with power loss and acceleration.

Actually, I felt the same initially.

How weird it may sound, she became much better when I discovered that the joystick (at least Warthog) is set up with curves and deadzone as default.

Removing them removed a lot of the "dead" feeling, and I can do much more precise and fast turns now.

Much more agile bird, once it's up to speed.

Check to see if you have curves on your axis too.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

How weird it may sound, she became much better when I discovered that the joystick (at least Warthog) is set up with curves and deadzone as default.

Removing them removed a lot of the "dead" feeling, and I can do much more precise and fast turns now.

It's not a problem of Agility. It's more the fact it go from 500 km/h to 300 km/h really quickly. Then it's long to get back to 500 km/h.

I use target script with the warthog and personnal curves. They work fine, plane move fine. But I fell like I use airbreak for every move.

It's not a problem of Agility. It's more the fact it go from 500 km/h to 300 km/h really quickly. Then it's long to get back to 500 km/h.

I use target script with the warthog and personnal curves. They work fine, plane move fine. But I fell like I use airbreak for every move.

I really want to hear the reason why is she behaving like this.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I didn't know there were curves by default. That's quite strange. I prefer to fly with no curves for any aircraft, even the Spitfire, so I'll definitely change this. No wonder the 190 felt like it was resisting in the middle...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Confirmed, the plane loose speed very quickly even in not so much thight turn and then is pretty impossible to regain it...

Normally I start a Dogfight a 500Kmh only to found me struggle below 300 after two turn....

At the moment fight Vs AI Mustangs (who pratically climb vertical and is impossible to follow) or Spitfire (that can manintain a sustained turn impossible not only to match but even to approach) is really tough....too much I think...

Edited by Hunter Joker

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot see any way to beat the AI in this plane (or the D9 for that matter). Diving down and killing the target is all fine, but then you gotta get out of there, and that is where the problem is. I cannot even outpace I-16's having swooped down at full throttle and then back up again. They always seem to catch me.

In 109 you can loop around and put up a fight but in the Anton, you lose to much speed and radiply become a sitting duck. Ruins the SP experience for me at the moment.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

There is a thread in Bugs and Problems re engine power. Read that for info. grafspee said the 190 A8 was a different areoplane to the one released in Beta. He can't loop it now either - where he could before the 2.5.5 release. Someone changed something for the worse.

I'm in agreement with this. So far, I have been unable to do an energy neutral loop regardless of power settings and whether I'm flying with the prop in manual or automatic. I always seem to loose 40-50kph per loop

Yes I was very disappointed with her the very first time I flew. I thought it was my poor flying or engine management but a lot are asking questions now. We are experienced sim pilots and can smell a turkey.

• 1 month later...
We are experienced *sim* pilots and can smell a turkey.

Because pale skin, pasty hair, and greasy palms translates to... what exactly? Something useful? I'm just teasing you for your wording ;)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 2 months later...

Power loss in a turn or climb would be the least of my problems. Bought the Anton on sale and the gear will not come up. Best I can figure it is a circuit breaker glitch or "overloading" the elec system but seeing this plane has more breakers than a 747. Tonight I am going to fill the skies with AI 190 Antons and rip em to shreds to vent a little. Oh yeah the GUNS work when they want to. No doubt the Ai Antons will be ufos with every bullet hitting a critical component.

Anton is completely electric in place of hydraulics. When taking off, raise your gear under 270km/h. Once raised, then bring up flaps, and you're set.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Power loss in a turn or climb would be the least of my problems. Bought the Anton on sale and the gear will not come up. Best I can figure it is a circuit breaker glitch or "overloading" the elec system but seeing this plane has more breakers than a 747. Tonight I am going to fill the skies with AI 190 Antons and rip em to shreds to vent a little. Oh yeah the GUNS work when they want to. No doubt the Ai Antons will be ufos with every bullet hitting a critical component.

My bad, I should have quoted you in my comment so you'd see. Look beneath your comment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CB's are your problem. The undercarriage CB (Fahrwerksantrieb) pops if you try to retract your gear at too high speed or with significant vertical acceleration.

To prevent that, I make sure the plane is on a smooth flight path and not above 250 km/h when I hit the gear-up button.

The Generator CB pops when you activate the Master Arm switch. No way to prevent that. It also pops when you fire a long burst, like when you strafe a column of vehicles that are nicely aligned. Just push the generator CB back in.

I have bound these two CB's to a button each so I can quickly push them back in without messing with the mouse in the cockpit.

I have also created a macro that pushes all required CB's in with a single button press. I use that when in combat I have a feeling that one or more CB's might be out.

With that, I fly the Anton very happily. My only problem is the lack of engine power and resulting inability to defend against bandits..

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I cannot see any way to beat the AI in this plane (or the D9 for that matter). Diving down and killing the target is all fine, but then you gotta get out of there, and that is where the problem is. I cannot even outpace I-16's having swooped down at full throttle and then back up again. They always seem to catch me.

In my experience there is no problem at all outrunning the I-16. I have tried a tactic just now that seems to work quite well: Fly towards the I-16 head-on at full throttle and keep her centered on your gun sight (very steady hand required). When she is close enough, fire all guns. If you had marked her well, she is dead. If you missed, just keep running at full speed until she is far enough behind. Then turn around and try another head-on attack. Etc.

Sometimes I destroy her in the first head-on, sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 runs. But she cannot get me because she is too slow. Thanks to the huge fire power of the Anton this tactic oftens works agains the Mustang as well.

I'm also successful more than 50% against the P-51-25 ( to my own surprise) in dogfight mode. Of course I set the Mustang's skill level to "average" and give it a full tank.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

..In 109 you can loop around and put up a fight...

Don't try that against the I-16!

LeCuvier