Stadia from Google - if this doesn't fail ED should be on it ASAP

As a first step... it's big.

Once latency comes down bellow the annoyance threshold it will catch like wildfire.

IMHO Eagle Dynamics should already connect with Google. The sooner it integrates the better. I know there are a lot of people playing Offline yadadada... most of them are on vers 1.5 anyway... :)

Full presentation start at 17:17.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but I can see the point of this on DCS.

First of all, where will we connect our Hardware (I mean our stick, our pedals, our Track IR…?) To a TV? Can see how it will support. To a mobile phone? Nosense. They want to use their own controller, which is completely useless for us.

This controller is meant to be connected “directly” to his server in order to reduce the input lag. No way we can do that with our own hardware, so between you move your throttle and the engine responds could pass some time depending on your connection. No way to play a sim like this.

I tried to stream locally games like Forza Motorsport 7 from Xbox One to my PC, Assetto Corsa between Pc’s in my network and it doesn’t work properly, yes you can play but there is no precision at all. I tried this with all connected by cable, so I can’t see how google will do on the cloud on a, let’s say 100Mbps fiber connection, that I can’t do on my own home at 1Gbps.

I only see this for casual players and some kind of genres (adventures, RTS…)

Unless you trick nature/physics this will never be relevant for any low-latency tied game, never.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

IMHO Eagle Dynamics should already connect with Google. The sooner it integrates the better.

When that would happen, good riddance. Selling yourself to the Sage One is a better step.

And without involving Pinkie Physics™, this will never be possible without noticable input lags. I can live without that very well...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Have you seen the platform specs? 2.5Ghz CPU. DCS will CRAWL on that thing. No, thanks. I prefer DCS to stay client-based. Ain't gonna happen anyway, so we're good.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

This platform might be good for main stream / low resource requirement games. Also, even internet speed is now increased indeed, it is not yet uniform and this will be another question mark.

This might be ok, but same as VR.... need another 15-20 years to be cooked. It was said that Desktop will disappear, but now 15 years later, desktop still stands strong... and nobobody discuss about this extinction.

STEAM have failed already on a similar concept... but Google might be smarter and start with PAcMan..

More than that, from commercial point of view, how happy companies like Intel/AMD/Nvidia would be... I think not too much, hence not much support. New tech to replace them? Maybe... but will that worth the developing cost?

These are crazy times about automation, cloud etc... (sort of back to '70s Mainframes) ... digitizing everything... even maybe our holly bread... they are ready to say and propose anything during this race where the winner is too far way from finish line, if any finish exists.

I think that personal computing will remain strong and is a good cash cow for all companies.

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

• 2 months later...

Oh... so people actually discussed something about this :) .

I think everyone in the industry acknowledges now that this (streaming) is the future. It will become like a DSLR/Mirrorless camera system versus Phone (where the DSLR/Mirrorless is PC and Phone camera is the new kid on the block Gaming Stream) Yes, PC and DSLR/Mirrorless will always be better but the margin is getting smaller and smaller and the costs remain high.

Imagine this:

Most people can't afford a system to play DCS World at steady 60fps 1080p. Why? Because all statistics show that most sold graphic cards in last years are the low-mid range. That means not GTX1070, not even GTX1060 or comparable but GTX1050 and bellow. That is rubbish for DCS.

5G is coming and low latency high bandwidth will be the norm.

Google Stadia 1080p will be free.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I think it'll happen to PC gaming. DVD and Bluray is pretty much a done deal because of 4K streaming. I mean some still have killer home theater, they are probably streaming more than sticking bluray discs.

But there will always be "purist" like myself that want to build it first. But for the majority? A simple hub that you plug into your home network and has all the HOTAS and away you go. Especially if they can get the latency worked out for VR. You wouldn't even need bulky monitors

And my HP Reverb is almost as good as a monitor. And silky smooth. good times to be in flight sim'ing.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I'd rather use my own machine.

Sure... me too... but my PC is full of donated or very old hardware and I'm getting old and tired. And it's about numbers... Numbers of people that buy killer PCs to play DCS are for sure not on the rise.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF STADIA somehow became the only platform for gaming you could kiss goodbye to gaming as you know it.

DCS on stadia? not a chance.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

You should save your post for later :D

Why would Stadia become the ONLY platform? True that others still are slow to react to it but they have some time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not saying it will be, but may mark the decline of personal computers if it catches on. You will be paying subscriptions and for sure games plagued by micro transactions. The Gaming companies have been salivating over this for years and if you look closely to the industry they will always shove subscriptions and micro transactions every time they can get away with.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The issue here isn't whether or not it's capable; the issue is whether or not Google's collective attention span isn't rivaled by a 6 year old's.

They have habit of starting projects and then, subsequently, bailing on them.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Not saying it will be, but may mark the decline of personal computers if it catches on. You will be paying subscriptions and for sure games plagued by micro transactions. The Gaming companies have been salivating over this for years and if you look closely to the industry they will always shove subscriptions and micro transactions every time they can get away with.

They shouldn't make a buck? The *MARKET* always wins. If people hate it, someone will come up with an alternative and make a boat load of money.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

IF STADIA somehow became the only platform for gaming you could kiss goodbye to gaming as you know it.

DCS on stadia? not a chance.

4K streaming was unthinkable a few years ago. Fusion 360? Google? SketchUp? There was a time Autocad and workstations RULED the world. Now someone with a browser can get most of the functionality.

3D rendering used to take Silicon Graphics, now I can do it on my desktop. I wouldn't bet against technology.

there will come a day when haptic feedback and VR will be so good that the need for a physical HOTAS will be eliminated.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

• 4 months later...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah yes, little kiddie games on phones is what this is all about. Doesn't apply to DCS whatsoever.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Stadia will not benefit Flight sim Gaming.

No doubt, Stadi is going to take a large share of mainstream games, but as is will only be suitable for certain type of games. Those not so dependent on fast response rates. It will be standardised for a controller, like the consoles.

Not suitable for flight sims or fast action. Biggest issue is the INPUT LAG. since the input has to go back across the wires, then the result gets rendered and the updated screen comes back along the wires. As is MP games at least can display the input on YOUR screen quickly, though the update to the other user suffers the same latency issue, and lag.

Problem for us high end PC gamers, is its going to shrink the market for fast PC's and components. And in the longer term, we will become a much more 'niche' group, with the ensuing increase in prices of components. This has been happening, since many have moved from desktop to mobile and notebook, but game streaming will hasten this even more. We can see what has happended to GPU prices, since AMD has pretty much fallen out of the race. Imagine what would happen CPU prices, if Intel dropped out of the gaming CPU race (because of shrinking market for parts).

But hey, if anyone can solve the latency issues with game streaming its going to be google, so we will have to wait and see.

Interesting to note Microsofts re-entry to the sim market, and they will stream the data from Azure, to clients, but will rely on the client machine to render and process. I'm sure it's their longer term goal to be able to stream to the client screen, but at the moment its not being talked about.

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Stadia will not benefit Flight sim Gaming.

No doubt, Stadi is going to take a large share of mainstream games, but as is will only be suitable for certain type of games. Those not so dependent on fast response rates. It will be standardised for a controller, like the consoles.

Not suitable for flight sims or fast action. Biggest issue is the INPUT LAG. since the input has to go back across the wires, then the result gets rendered and the updated screen comes back along the wires. As is MP games at least can display the input on YOUR screen quickly, though the update to the other user suffers the same latency issue, and lag.

Problem for us high end PC gamers, is its going to shrink the market for fast PC's and components. And in the longer term, we will become a much more 'niche' group, with the ensuing increase in prices of components. This has been happening, since many have moved from desktop to mobile and notebook, but game streaming will hasten this even more. We can see what has happended to GPU prices, since AMD has pretty much fallen out of the race. Imagine what would happen CPU prices, if Intel dropped out of the gaming CPU race (because of shrinking market for parts).

But hey, if anyone can solve the latency issues with game streaming its going to be google, so we will have to wait and see.

Interesting to note Microsofts re-entry to the sim market, and they will stream the data from Azure, to clients, but will rely on the client machine to render and process. I'm sure it's their longer term goal to be able to stream to the client screen, but at the moment its not being talked about.

IIRC they only stream map data, not the actual gameplay. It's like preloading the map from Azure so you dont have to have many many TB's of SSD space to save the whole globe on your end. Makes sense if you have a non-capped connection and a fast pipe. For data caps and low end connections this is not-so-good imho.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Oh... so people actually discussed something about this :) .

I think everyone in the industry acknowledges now that this (streaming) is the future. It will become like a DSLR/Mirrorless camera system versus Phone (where the DSLR/Mirrorless is PC and Phone camera is the new kid on the block Gaming Stream) Yes, PC and DSLR/Mirrorless will always be better but the margin is getting smaller and smaller and the costs remain high.

Imagine this:

Most people can't afford a system to play DCS World at steady 60fps 1080p. Why? Because all statistics show that most sold graphic cards in last years are the low-mid range. That means not GTX1070, not even GTX1060 or comparable but GTX1050 and bellow. That is rubbish for DCS.

5G is coming and low latency high bandwidth will be the norm.

Google Stadia 1080p will be free.

Hmmm, where do you see 5G coming at a reasonable cost to people who live in a country 6,000 km wide? Tell me about it being the norm? How about international streaming regulations content by the country lived in? How will those be managed? What will be the monthly licensing and distribution costs? You must have resolved this worldwide issue, yes?

Clearly you live in a smaller global location with shorter distances to build infrastructure and your suggestiion appears to be one of parochial content related to technology only.

IIRC they only stream map data, not the actual gameplay. It's like preloading the map from Azure so you dont have to have many many TB's of SSD space to save the whole globe on your end. Makes sense if you have a non-capped connection and a fast pipe. For data caps and low end connections this is not-so-good imho.

The other nice thing is the terrain will UPDATE! You won't be stuck with old Ortho Photos from 7 years ago.