Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Sorry this is not currently possible ... maybe in Tacview 2.0!

What kind of a 3D mouse do you have? How does it work with programs in general? Maybe there is a simpler solution.

Hi guys, is it possible to assign axes to change the view? I got a 3D mouse recently which I would like to use for this.

Unfortunately no ... I don't think this is even supported by DCS World.

If you do manage to change the time within the mission script you should be able to use remote control triggers to trigger your script.

@BuzyBee

Not sure if this was mentioned here - can you use instructor mode to change the time of day within a DCS session?

Sorry this is not currently possible ... maybe in Tacview 2.0!

What kind of a 3D mouse do you have? How does it work with programs in general? Maybe there is a simpler solution.

I got this one https://www.3dconnexion.de/spacemouse_compact/en/

It is usually used in CAD applications but you can emulate joystick axes. It would be perfect rotation/translation and zoom in Tacview. So I cross my fingers for an implementation in TACVIEW at some point :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Wow that's gorgeous. We'll take a look when we get a chance - to see if we can support it natively.

I got this one https://www.3dconnexion.de/spacemouse_compact/en/

It is usually used in CAD applications but you can emulate joystick axes. It would be perfect rotation/translation and zoom in Tacview. So I cross my fingers for an implementation in TACVIEW at some point :)

Absolutely!

The standalone and Steam edition of Tacview are identical. They will both work with any edition of your favorite simulators.

Sorry if previously mentioned but will the Advanced version of Tacview purchased on Steam work the same with the non Steam version of DCS?
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Absolutely!

The standalone and Steam edition of Tacview are identical. They will both work with any edition of your favorite simulators.

Brilliant! I had the same question. Just saw Tacview Advanced on Steam (bundled with CMO), but I mostly want Tacview to use with DCS, which I have installed as stand-alone (non-Steam).

Very happy to hear they will still work together. Thanks Vyrtuoz.

Hi guys,

Just recently started using Mapview to create textures for Tacview and in general it works great. I find however that when I create the images I will get a few errors and this leaves a few blank or white spots on the map in Tacview. Again its like 1-2% of the tiles. I couldn't find a forum or place to try and track down how to remedy this or why it happens. Any guidance?

Thanks in advance, Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

It is possible that some tiles were not properly downloaded because of a web server time-out. I have informed the author of Mapview to see if he can help us.

Meanwhile, have you tried to delete the invalid tiles from

C:\ProgramData\Tacview\Data\Terrain\Textures\

and then restart the download in Mapview?

It should just re-download what is missing from the directory, so I believe that the fix should be quicker than a full re-download.

I’ll give it a shot

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

I’m guessing I would uncheck the delete or clean files button when I regenerate?

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Tacview 1.8.1 is now available to everyone!

Tacview 1.8.1 is now also available on Steam

At last, you can now enjoy your favorite debriefing tool in all the comfort of Steam!

Download: https://tacview.net/download

You already own Tacview Standard or Tacview Advanced?

No problem! Simply install the free edition of Tacview from Steam and activate it using your current product key to unlock all the features you are used too.

Looking for a beta version?

The beta branch is coming soon to Steam with Tacview 1.8.2 beta 1. Any user who bought Tacview Standard or Tacview Advanced (standalone or Steam) will be able to run the beta version of Tacview directly from Steam.

Want to upgrade from Standard to Advanced?

If you buy Tacview Standard on Steam, you can upgrade to Tacview Advanced at a reduced price by buying the special Steam bundle “Tacview Advanced (upgrade)”. If you already bought the standalone edition of Tacview Standard, please send us an email so you can upgrade to the standalone Advanced edition at a reduced price.

Will the Steam edition of Tacview work with non-Steam edition of my favorite simulator?

Yes, the standalone and Steam edition of Tacview are identical. They offer the exact same features and both work with the standalone and Steam edition of your favorite simulator.

What’s new in this version?

Aside the added support for Steam, this version brings numerous improvements and fixes based on your feedback.

1197994697169522690.jpg

FEATURES & CHANGES

• The satellite view is now orthographic to remove any optical illusion during tactical debriefings
  • ADDED Support for SRTM30 plus
  • ADDED IL-2 Prokhorovka and Rheinland elevation maps
  • ADDED Support for DCS: F-16C Viper
  • ADDED support for DCS: Fw 190 A-8
  • ADDED many more aircraft 3D models
  • ADDED support for BRA in the new event-log
  • ADDED HQ-7 SAM to database
  • ADDED USS Midway (CV-41) 3D model to database
  • ADDED CTRL+LEFT/RIGHT CLICK in the active object list to select an object
  • ADDED Support for more csv files
  • Info between selected objects is now accessible via a visible drop-down menu
  • Double-click does not re-dock floating windows anymore
  • Add-ons main menu is now sorted
  • The measuring tool now trace a line between object & target instead of BE & target

FIXES

• Restored the "Go to end" playback button feature
  • Labels were always displayed even when behind objects or terrain (since 1.6.1)
  • Fixed laser beams were not displayed anymore
  • Shots from the event log where not always displayed during a pause during the online debriefing
  • Event-log importer now properly handles global messages without callsign
  • Auto-scale was not working properly on fully transparent 3D models
  • The measuring tool was not visible from top-down view

Edited by Vyrtuoz

Is there a way to either get rid of the time box in the top left or changing it to display map co-ordinates?

Aplolgies if this is an obvious question and I've just missed it.

It would be great if there was a manual to explain all the features as I find myself at a bit of a loss with trying to understand all the features

Hi Vyrtuoz,

I tried doing your above suggestion for several of the missing tiles and it worked. Unfortunately there still seem to be some I am having the same error thrown when trying to download. I was curious if you heard back from the creator of mapview?

Thanks, Jason

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Hi Jason,

I didn’t get any answer from Detox yet.

If you get the exact same error for the exact same tiles, it is possible that the data may be corrupted or not available at all on the server.

Which tiles do you have some issues with? With which provider?

Is there a way to either get rid of the time box in the top left or changing it to display map co-ordinates?

Aplolgies if this is an obvious question and I've just missed it.

It would be great if there was a manual to explain all the features as I find myself at a bit of a loss with trying to understand all the features

You can't get rid of the time box but you can make it smaller by clicking on Options -> UI Scaling.

Map coordinates are displayed in the top-left corner when you CTRL-SHIFT-MOUSE on a point.

We are working on putting together a Wiki to explain all the features of Tacview.

Hi Vyrtuoz, would it be possible to get a more accurate method to sync up media - say type in the media time index?

Yes! If you would like your media file to be automatically synchronized with the telemetry, add the timestamp to the file name of your media file in the format YYYYMMDDTHHMMSSZ - so that October 24th 2019 at 09h15 UTC would be 20191024T091500Z. Then the media file will start playing exactly at 9:15 a.m. in your telemetry.

You can't get rid of the time box but you can make it smaller by clicking on Options -> UI Scaling.

Map coordinates are displayed in the top-left corner when you CTRL-SHIFT-MOUSE on a point.

We are working on putting together a Wiki to explain all the features of Tacview.

Thank You BuzyBee :smartass:

The co-ordinate display is great & looking forward to a Wikki I also need tofind out more about adding options

Tacview is great I just hate missing out on all those cool featurs that I know are hiding in there somwhere :smilewink:

Oh I meant to add if you ever do a driver for Funky Frankie's Space Navigator I have one too and would love a copy

Edited by Weegie

Tacview start prompts to Steam installation

Hi,

I installed Tacview 1.8.1 downloaded from the official Tacview site.

When I start it (double click on shortcut that targets to "X:\Xxx\Tacview\Tacview64.exe") it prompts to install the Steam version.

I prefer the standalone version.

How can I do it as normally up to now?

Thank you!

1005220518_Tacview1.8.1.png.02e2764173b7132797b5903711aaec51.png

Every now and again, my DCS client crashes, and I get a Tacview output file which is not correctly closed out. When I try to open it in Tacview, Tacview says the format is not supported. 99% of the file must however be good.

Is there any way to get Tacview to read and display the file upto the point of the crash?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hi,

is high lua cpu usage caused by TacView feature or bug? I don't remember if it was like that always.

Top is with Record Flight Data On

Bottom with Record Flight Data Off.

itDeDVD.png

I am now thinking about it is caused by TacView Advanced as it's my edition.

Edited by danvac

Every now and again, my DCS client crashes, and I get a Tacview output file which is not correctly closed out. When I try to open it in Tacview, Tacview says the format is not supported. 99% of the file must however be good.

Is there any way to get Tacview to read and display the file upto the point of the crash?

Hi Captain Orso,

Disabling acmi file zip compression should prevent this.

DCS -> Options -> Special -> Tacview -> Compression level -> Not compressed