F-15E? - Page 134 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-08-2019, 11:38 PM   #1331
nessuno0505

Maybe razbam could do the F-15C (easier and faster to develop) and ED the strike eagle (multicrew, ground radar, etc.)...
...but maybe for now the best thing to do is that razbam focuses on mirage 2000 and av-8b, that are already quite complex to finish, and if they need a boost of money they do something easier (like they have done with mig-19, for example): quicker developing times and more planes for us to fly.

Last edited by nessuno0505; 10-08-2019 at 11:44 PM.
nessuno0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:47 PM   #1332
Kirk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
Then the sim doesn’t mirror reality. Good luck skipping STBY on the pod, ICMS, etc. chances are slim of powering up generators and having the jet interface correctly. Recipe for disaster and a lot of failed/starred items on the bit page. Ever seen a real pod fire up without EGI/INS? I have. Doesn’t work out well. It may work in a ‘sim’, it’s not necessarily true to real life. The ‘sim’ jet may not care, the real one does.
As I said, not smart operationally. And sure, some systems might complain - but with the newer system (Sniper, etc) may not be as big a problem. Just cause your detail bit page is all lit up doesn't mean you can't fly!

And let's face it, if you really had to do it (your WSO is drunk in a bar somewhere when you evacuate the base) you could start the right engine, get the gens on, then get the crew chief to power up the RCP systems before starting the left.

But you are right of course that no sim totally duplicates all possible system interdependencies - after all, it is simulated (although a lot of the OFPs are actual aircraft OFPs...).

The point is that with everything on and running, you can pretty much control it all from the front (or back) seat, very few systems/controls (other than engine/fuel/lights, etc) are pilot-only.

Cheers,

Kirk
Kirk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:10 PM   #1333
Rainmaker

To be fair and reach back to your original post...

“But if before takeoff the pilot reaches into the rear cockpit and turns on the tpod, laser, TEWS, and CMD, then he can do pretty much all by himself. But it gets real busy!”

Is basically a complete falsehood on reality. It is in no way that easy. Following up a with a “know this because of years of hands-on experience” is apparently not true either. A bit of embellishment on your part? A sim is not the real thing, so that doesn’t come across to me as “experience” or qualify on to be a SME. Your opinion obviously may differ.

Sure, I could fire both motors (you’ll be lucky to get avionics power-up to even start due to single engine avionics shutdown), climb back on the canopy sill, and cycle back and forth until all the gizmos are powered up. Not practical, or realistic, and far from “all you need to do is...” as you original post would make it appear. This is how the rumor mills get started and then you get, “well this one guy on the forums said...” and he said he had years of experience with the real things arguments.

Don’t mean to come of as brash, okay maybe a little, but I really get annoyed when folks try to establish credibility that way. Probably the same way some of the flyers feel when sim pilots try to coach them up on dogfighting.

Last edited by Rainmaker; 10-09-2019 at 08:46 PM.
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:20 PM   #1334
Kev2go

Just to clarify has it been stated which exact block razbam is modeling?

I'm really hoping for late enough production block that has the more powerfull 229 engines

IMo the 220,s will be a bit underpowered on a f15e given greater weight relative to the f15c

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:25 PM   #1335
Rainmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
Just to clarify has it been stated which exact block razbam is modeling?

I'm really hoping for late enough production block that has the more powerfull 229 engines

IMo the 220,s will be a bit underpowered on a f15e given greater weight relative to the f15c
The -15s are not block dependent, they are location dependent. The tails with 220s vs 229s are not separated out by block, it’s based off base/unit assignment.
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote