Mornings pitch dark

cicimicikiller

Hi, I think that there is some time of day or time zone problem or something at Caucasus (not tested on other maps).

With date set to 9th january 2019, 8:50am, it's pitch dark outside. I know in winter the sunrise is late but not that late. I live in Slovakia (northern than Georgia) and we definitely have daylight at 8:50 am.

I'm not sure now if the time is zulu or local, but anyway it should be 12:50 at Georgia if that's zulu time so..

Can anyone have a look into this?

Screen_190109_194910.thumb.png.e445c79d2a09e25fd643a3bf7da54bf1.png

Smash 1-1 | Hawk

• 3 months later...

The problem lies in the way DCS handles the transition from night to day. If you want to see it, put it on a full moon night, about an hour before sunrise, and time accelerate it. You will have lovely moon lighting that fades to a pitch black night just before the sunrise sequence starts. It is a fundamental lighting issue that ED needs to resolve.

The problem lies in the way DCS handles the transition from night to day. If you want to see it, put it on a full moon night, about an hour before sunrise, and time accelerate it. You will have lovely moon lighting that fades to a pitch black night just before the sunrise sequence starts. It is a fundamental lighting issue that ED needs to resolve.

Really? The transition from night to day is fairly good on my end with a very nice morning twilight. The OP’s issue is that the sim’s sunrise/sunset times don’t mirror the calendar’s. They’re off by roughly 1/2 to more than an hour depending on the season.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Just listen to ScopeDope about full moon lighting. In caucasus full moon start shine in pich dark 2019 april 19 21:30-21:40 The same applies to the morning transition, full moon light gone before sunrise.

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

Just listen to ScopeDope about full moon lighting. In caucasus full moon start shine in pich dark 2019 april 19 21:30-21:40 The same applies to the morning transition, full moon light gone before sunrise.

Yes, I was referring to his opening statement. Without the moon, I find the transition relatively smooth. The moon does change things. Very interesting what you see, when you speed up the moonset (actually the moon's premature disappearance and later reappearance with the coming daylight):

That flash is really interesting. At normal speed, rather than a flash of daylight, I see the sudden appearance of faint banding that shimmers and moves.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.