AI Jester / Iceman subtitles

SmukY

No, sorry, still nothing. We just don't have the space/time atm to even get to discussing it. It is not forgotten though.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 6 months later...

With the last update for DCS now performance is finally better than it was before and I'm back again flying and remembered about subtitles for Jester in DCS - are there any talks yet for them? If no, it's alrighty, I'll gladly wait if they become implemented at some point.

Great jobs as always guys, Tomcat sure is a mighty beast :) Althought I did got shot down by MiG-21 thanks to the fact I wasn't flying for quite a time because of unstability of previous patches.

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pozdravljen SmukY, na žalost nimam nobenih novic za tebe. Če gledam na naše kapacitete, bi rekel da ne bo možno pred koncem EA. Se vpravičujem da za enkrat ni boljšega odgovora.

Sorry Smuky, it is unlikely we will get to touch the subject before end of EA, if at all. We'd love to, but at the moment it is very unlikely. My apologies for that. We'll keep it in the back of our minds though.

Greetings home, pozdravi mi Triglav hehe.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

Hey, thanks for being straightforward, a direct answer is far better than no answer. Well, I'll try to ask again after stable release of both B and A Tomcats. If there still won't be any possibility of Jester's subtitles, I'd at least know that Heatblur is fair and just team, which doesn't BS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Congratulations on the promising results of your hard work, I truly believe that A version will be an amazing addition to the DCS World. We only can be thankful for your work, especially around those uncertain times. It's been quite a time, so I'll ask again, are any changes about that subject - subtitles for Jester?

Thanks, be good and stay healthy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Congratulations on the promising results of your hard work, I truly believe that A version will be an amazing addition to the DCS World. We only can be thankful for your work, especially around those uncertain times. It's been quite a time, so I'll ask again, are any changes about that subject - subtitles for Jester?

Thanks, be good and stay healthy.

+1

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVAT

Please don't get your hopes up for this atm. Since we looked into it, we decided that atm - coding this is simply too time extensive. It sounds daft, but it would be almost like recoding half or more of Jester to make it work. This may or may not change in the future, but making you guys hope is just not fair. The transcripting part isn't even the hard bit. Coding it, is. Sorry to disappoint for now - and also for a while to come. It's one of these items we'd really, really love to give you guys, but just can't for now. Thank you for your kind understanding.

EDIT: A very small token of conselation: I made sure that every spoken line in the campaign is subtitled. I know, it's a tiny drop of water on a hot stone, but just wanted to mention it.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please don't get your hopes up for this atm. Since we looked into it, we decided that atm - coding this is simply too time extensive. It sounds daft, but it would be almost like recoding half or more of Jester to make it work. This may or may not change in the future, but making you guys hope is just not fair. The transcripting part isn't even the hard bit. Coding it, is. Sorry to disappoint for now - and also for a while to come. It's one of these items we'd really, really love to give you guys, but just can't for now. Thank you for your kind understanding.

EDIT: A very small token of conselation: I made sure that every spoken line in the campaign is subtitled. I know, it's a tiny drop of water on a hot stone, but just wanted to mention it.

I just tried F-14A, I actually like the engines and their afterburner effect, althought I unfortunatelly didn't manage to stall them.

Anyway, thank you for subtitling the campaing - I will try it. About Jester, what I can say. I'll perhaps ask again in the end of the next year so I won't be poking that much so that you can focus on a (i presume) already prelaid plan and do what is most important to your team and of course to us so that we can enjoy the 'cat to the maximum.

Be good and stay healthy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

From the 2023 kickoff and greetings I've read this

In addition to this; we’ve also had our sights on JESTER v2, a complete rewrite of the JESTER AI system which will enable faster AI development and developer ease of use for integration in future aircraft such as the A-6.

What does this exactly mean - since it's a rewrite I'd like to know if will you finally be able to add the subtitles for Jester?

Thanks and best regards,

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]