SA-342M Gazelle vs. BO-105 PAH1A1

TomOnSteam

I was thinking more of stuff like: do both have LLTV, FLIR, Laser? How much can the optic zoom in and so on.

I would like to know such too, as example Gazelle should be able launch Strela-2M and Maljutka missiles too.

And then about what are the launch parameters etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

RWR:

The BO-105 PAH1A1 have a RWR which is simulated in the module. It shows bars that tells the pilot in length and angle from which direction the radarbeam is scanning the BO. A "wobbling" sound also indicates the strength of the scan. The BO has 4 spiral Antennas which covers 360°

The RWR also have a Missile Alert light.

Flare Dispensers:

There is a korean BO-105 CBS with Flare Dispensers, Gunpod (Mauser) and Rocketpods. When I get info on how these work, I will simulate it also.

Sweet... for each Kamov used a Bo-105 is also used in a team.

Weapons of mass destruction and a defensive capability too... finally. :D

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

But I guess that applies to the Gazelle too huh?

Now then, which has the better optics?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

The Bo-105 sight device looks more like the old Gazelle sight device, which was a simpler optic device with IR capability. So IMO as long as both helicopters share the same weapon, optics are similar. And as long as in French Army it was replaced by the Viviane, I guess that they are less efficient, probably because of worst stabilizers. (Only have informations from the team on the Sa-342M, so it's only my personal opinion)

German engineering, pffffaaaaaaffff :megalol:

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov

New ain't always better... however... the better the optics and also the zoom capability will surely help the KA50 and Hind.

For sure the BO-105 has got the weapon load, but It will be interesting which has the better RWR and spotting capability.

looking forward to finding out!

I would like to know such too, as example Gazelle should be able launch Strela-2M and Maljutka missiles too.

And then about what are the launch parameters etc.

that would be for a very Different Gazelle variant.

The Variant being modeled is unlikely to be able to use any eastern weaponry.

There are alot of Gazelle variants and the SA-342M is one of the latest / most advanced ones.

While most export variants were alot earlier variants.

Without that Camera system etc.

And only the Export variants used Eastern weapons.

that would be for a very Different Gazelle variant.

The Variant being modeled is unlikely to be able to use any eastern weaponry.

There are alot of Gazelle variants and the SA-342M is one of the latest / most advanced ones.

While most export variants were alot earlier variants.

Without that Camera system etc.

And only the Export variants used Eastern weapons.

Okay, thanks.

I found that Bo is using in some models the M65 sight that has similar features as one for Gazelle. Made by Hugness.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.