The behavior of HARM

med-taha

I do see what you’re talking about, but the biggest difference I noticed is HARM is vitually smokeless irl. It almost looked liquid fueled. The in-game version looks to produce quite a bit more smoke.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

I wonder how many different versions and subversion of the AGM-88 are there? I wonder what version is on those videos? What versions we will get in DCS?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Which version is on the video? Are there subversion?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The HARM will loft in PB/EoM modes, not in the range unknown modes (SP/TOO).

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I am happy, finally we can use harm.

I saw in the video of wags that once the missile has been fired, it stabilizes directly, unlike the ones I saw on Youtube, once launched it makes nose high.

Wondered about that as well, but I guess they just don't loft in all modes... rainbowdashwink.png

The HARM will loft in PB/EoM modes, not in the range unknown modes (SP/TOO).

Beat me to it rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Both shots in Wags' video begin a loft profile just after launch - watch closely, they travel straight and level for a second or so, then begin climbing. I'm sure in PB/TOO modes we'll see more aggressive lofting, but it's definitely there in SP.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly: