Carrier night lighting without comm calls

capthaltli

I understand how to turn the Stennis carrier lighting via the voice comm menus (approaching to land, etc), but is there a way to turn the carrier lights on by default (no need for comm menus) by editing the .lua or another means? thanks for any help.

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

For some reason I never get handed over to tower and, so, cannot request landing (the F1 option stays as "Abort Inbound"). The result is a dark deck which makes night landings a very hairy business.

I assumed this was a bug. Is it just me?

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

You're not alone. It is a bug with the carrier and airfield ATC.

I wouldn't call it a bug, but rather a feature, depending on the airfield.

Some airports turn off their PAPI lights at a specific time of the day, but the pilot can turn on the lights using what's known as PCL (Pilot controlled lighting), which triggers the lighting system through the mic. This is especially true when the airfield lacks an ATC or control tower, so the pilot can turn on the lights using the radio when necessary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot-controlled_lighting

I wouldn't call it a bug, but rather a feature, depending on the airfield.

The bug is that in the current open beta you can't request landing and so the runway/deck will not be illuminated. PCL is not available in DCS.

Edited by tintifaxl

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

As for the airfields, try again. It works.

How? Is it automatic when a plane approaches an airfield? Could you provide instructions for say the A-10C/F-15C and Batumi. A search for DCS arcal unicom ctaf frequencies yields no results in google.

Edit: found a post on the wish list thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3382245&nojs=1.

Has this been implemented?

Edited by tintifaxl

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I understand how to turn the Stennis carrier lighting via the voice comm menus (approaching to land, etc), but is there a way to turn the carrier lights on by default (no need for comm menus) by editing the .lua or another means? thanks for any help.

I just wish we were able to set specific arguments for a specific units in the condition/flag menu, we can set a specific unit to have AI off on on, but can tell that unit to turn on their lights on or off. :) Would be so iseful to simply let us do this and ading it with a trigger zone when we get in, they Unis AI turns it lights on or off... The good side of it, we would be able to make it turn the deck's tower on as well, since it's implemented in as it can be turn on in ModelViewer, we never know, with their new carrier stuff annonce lately, maybe they'll let us play around with this. But i am pretty sure, all this as been added to the wish lists section, let's see of the ED Gods listen to us :)

Please read the original post, what capthaltli is asking. He wants the deck lights to remain on regardless if you contact the tower or not.

And yes, you can trigger the airfield's lighting system by using the radio.

How do you use the radio to activate the lights? After declaring Inbound I have one option in the voice comms menu (abort inbound) and that doesn’t change as I approach.

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

• 2 months later...

This issue needs addressed. Its been an issue for too long and very frustrating for wings that do not use the in game ATC system.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR