Tomcat Buffeting in VR?

Strikeeagle345

This was just brought up on Reddit (Hoggit) and it got me thinking. With all of the shaking and buffeting, how is it in VR. Will it make you sick and want to vommit?

How is the performance in VR (compared to hornet?), as this will also play a factor into the motion and effect.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

This was just brought up on Reddit (Hoggit) and it got me thinking. With all of the shaking and buffeting, how is it in VR. Will it make you sick and want to vommit?...

That would be awesome, bringing the realism of the cockpit to your desktop! Add in some JP5 fuel and oil smell, some salt air and canopy polish with a sweaty flight suit that hasn't been washed in weeks and it will feel like you are there!

Outstanding job by Heatblur!

Edited by Victory205

Viewpoints are my own.

That would be awesome, brining the realism of the cockpit to your desktop! Add in some JP5 fuel and oil smell, some salt air and canopy polish with a sweaty flight suit that hasn't been washed in weeks and it will feel like you are there!

Outstanding job by Heatblur!

more so hoping the poor optimization of DCS in VR doesnt make the effect unplayable in VR for most.

Maybe the jet will shake and move but the horizon (world) wont move.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

This was just brought up on Reddit (Hoggit) and it got me thinking. With all of the shaking and buffeting, how is it in VR. Will it make you sick and want to vommit?

How is the performance in VR (compared to hornet?), as this will also play a factor into the motion and effect.

I would assume there would be an option to reduce the cockpit shake just like in the MiG-21 or other modules.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Just tried the viggen, doesn't cause any issues for me. The movement is much more reduced that what appears when not using VR. So I'm going to take an educated guess and say it'll be the same :)

Awesome!

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

You also need to remember the camera isnt the things shaking, the plane is, so your perspective to the horizon is unchanged. Thus, you shouldn't really get sick from it.

Ah, that is what I was wondering. Thanks Jabbers! :thumbup:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

I think Jabbers said (either here or in the youtube comments) he has a VR review coming up. He wanted it to be part of the currently released video but the vid was already running too long. He said performance is great and that HB is very much developing the Cat with VR in mind.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

I'm sure it'll be fine...

Also

vNeHHSA.jpg

:D:thumbup:

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Zero effect on anyone used to VR, if you can tolerate dogfighting in VR or have used VR for a period of time, you have built up a tolerance to such motion sickness. New VR users may find it wheezy, but like the rest of us they just have to build up that tolerance. Personally I never have an issue regardless of the maneuvers or acrobatics. I found walking around with Onward harder on the stomach, but it`s not really an issue at this stage.

I agree with Zoomer. Just another non-issue forum users cook up to dissipate nervous energy while waiting for the F-14... :book:

Los

Another non issue? It was a legitimate concern and question........

Strike

USLANTCOM.com