question to the development

Little_D

Hi gents,

i have 2 questions, hopefully they wherent ask before.

1. will we someday get lost of this unrealistic soundradar? I mean i can here

red/blue planes way out of there gunrange behind or even under me on

the deck, when i am at 3000m.

2. will we get someday historical tracer for the german planes?

I nerver heared or read about green tracer for the MG`s and red tracer

for the 20mm in german planes. yellow and withe tracers where used from

german dayfighters, only the nightfighters used red tracers as far i

remember.

3. will it be possible some day, that the player can select online the squad he whants

to fly for and also the planenumber he whant to use, like in old IL-2 1946 or even Cliffs of Dover?

regards

Little_D

Edited by Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."

"The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

Let's give a try,

1. will we someday get lost of this unrealistic soundradar? I mean i can here

red/blue planes way out of there gunrange behind or even under me on

the deck, when i am at 3000m.

I can't heard any other aircraft inside my cockpit with engine running unless they are really close (UH taking off and flying close to you in Bf109 cold start quick mission, for instance). Have you checked in latest 1.5.5 version? Something changed regarding sound. And check you audio config, you can delete your saved games file and let a new one appear (keep your controls profiles).

2. will we get someday historical tracer for the german planes?

I nerver heared or read about green tracer for the MG`s and red tracer

for the 20mm in german planes. yellow and withe tracers where used from

german dayfighters, only the nightfighters used red tracers as far i

remember.

AFAIK German cannon tracer rounds were blue at best, if not just white. Time ago info was requested but not much appeared, so I think most of it relies in Erich Brunotte interview information (Luftwaffe veteran) and IIRC he said they were just white. Don't look at other games out there to compare, most of them lack any research. I don't remember any red tracer, have you calibrated your screen?

3. will it be possible some day, that the player can select online the squad he whants

to fly for and also the planenumber he whant to use, like in old IL-2 1946 or even Cliffs of Dover?

If you make a mission you can set many different attributes to aeroplanes. A feature like old Il-2, I don't think anytime soon if ever. Anyway, IIRC last time I flew I couldn't see my own aeroplane in cockpit :lol:.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Hi ManOWar,

thx for the answer, i am running 1.55. Also my squadmambers can here the same as i can. To the tracer i dont compare other games with DCS, its about what if heard and read and as you said, there where with tracers or as i read yellow tracer too. The german MG`s have green tracers and the 20mm have red tracers, but they are hard to see. To point 3, hopefully they will change it some day, as it is needed for a good WW2 flightsim.

my soundconfig is the original from DCS no changes are made from me

regards

Little_D

Edited by Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."

"The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

Hi little D.

As far as I know the sound issue has been discussed before, I'm not sure if it was fixed or not or if they plan on fixing it.

About the tracers, you're the first one who has brought up this issue. I hope there's a discussion about it and it's fixed. Perhaps make a thread about the tracers in the relevant forum and remember to include your sources.

About the plane numbers. I really hope there's a better solution coming to DCS. Right now you can only change them in the mission editor and it's very awkward. There should be a way for us to pick what paint and loadout we want for each plane. I'd prefer it to be in the spawn menu like IL2 or CloD, but I think that would require a whole new spawning system as DCS does spawning by actually just making a bunch of planes in the editor, and when you select one, then it appears.

For now I think the easiest way to implement this would be to choose your paint and squadron letters in the loadout screen, once you've spawned.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

the soundradar is definitely a huge problem ever since...i really hope they will fix it one day.

beeing able to chose a skin and number would be nice as well...but i doubt we will get that.

about the tracers...iirc Erich Brunotte also said in his interview, that the tracers were white...but i also think Yo-Yo said, that thats probably wrong memory and that they have sources for them to be green?correct me if im wrong Yo-Yo. i just know that this "issue" was brought up some time ago already..

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

Let's give a try,

I can't heard any other aircraft inside my cockpit with engine running unless they are really close (UH taking off and flying close to you in Bf109 cold start quick mission, for instance). Have you checked in latest 1.5.5 version? Something changed regarding sound. And check you audio config, you can delete your saved games file and let a new one appear (keep your controls profiles).

AFAIK German cannon tracer rounds were blue at best, if not just white. Time ago info was requested but not much appeared, so I think most of it relies in Erich Brunotte interview information (Luftwaffe veteran) and IIRC he said they were just white. Don't look at other games out there to compare, most of them lack any research. I don't remember any red tracer, have you calibrated your screen?

If you make a mission you can set many different attributes to aeroplanes. A feature like old Il-2, I don't think anytime soon if ever. Anyway, IIRC last time I flew I couldn't see my own aeroplane in cockpit :lol:.

S!

Fw190 has a red tracer on MG151/20 in DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

From what I can find, the main ingredient used in Luftwaffe tracer ammunition was phosphorus (phosphor), which would burn white or, sometimes, yellow:

Handbuch_der_bordwaffenmunition_part11_zpsbt4qlv7o.jpg

Handbuch_der_bordwaffenmunition_part115_zpso5dxrbgv.jpg

Handbuch_der_bordwaffenmunition_part1105_zpsrmq6bs5a.jpg

"Elektron" is also mentioned: AFAIK, this was a trade name for magnesium alloys, first developed in Germany: this seemed to be an incendiary, rather than a tracer:

Handbuch_der_bordwaffenmunition_part126_zpsdobxfd5y.jpg

Handbuch_der_bordwaffenmunition_part165_zpszspzyytv.jpg

From what I can find, the main ingredient used in Luftwaffe tracer ammunition was phosphorus (phosphor), which would burn white or, sometimes, yellow:

These are obviously not the tracers, this is the incendiary compound. As one can clearly see the white phosphorus physically can not be ignited while firing but instead on impact fragmentation of the round when coming in contact with oxygen. Furthermore L.Dv.4000/10 explains this mechanism pretty well. The Panzerbrandgranatpatrone (phosphor or elektron) simply did not have a tracer compound neither for 20 mm nor 13 mm.

vqs5na.jpg

It would be astonishing stupid to ignite a thermite charge (or Elektron as it was called in german) in a barrel btw, so nobody would use it as a tracer. Almost all the tracer components in german docs are clearly marked by areas with small crosses (=Magnesium).

The MG151/20 in DCS uses Glimmspur instead of Leuchtspur which basically means nighttracers. This should be known to ED as its quite obvious. Furthermore some ammo types had a barium nitrate component, but if I remember correctly from anorganic chemistry in university this is used as an oxidizer. It must have been used this way when combined as Al-Mg-Ba(NO3)2 in an enclosed and therefore oxigen lacking shell. Maybe ED thinks because of the barium nitrate the tracer was green, which is clearly wrong as it is part of the HEI filler.

German Luftwaffe day tracers were mostly consisting of a Magnesium filler (well and obviously a primer) and therefore burn in bright white to blueish.

• Like 1

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

These are obviously not the tracers, this is the incendiary compound. As one can clearly see the white phosphorus physically can not be ignited while firing but instead on impact fragmentation of the round when coming in contact with oxygen. Furthermore L.Dv.4000/10 explains this mechanism pretty well. The Panzerbrandgranatpatrone (phosphor or elektron) simply did not have a tracer compound neither for 20 mm nor 13 mm.

vqs5na.jpg

It would be astonishing stupid to ignite a thermite charge (or Elektron as it was called in german) in a barrel btw, so nobody would use it as a tracer. Almost all the tracer components in german docs are clearly marked by areas with small crosses (=Magnesium).

The MG151/20 in DCS uses Glimmspur instead of Leuchtspur which basically means nighttracers. This should be known to ED as its quite obvious. Furthermore some ammo types had a barium nitrate component, but if I remember correctly from anorganic chemistry in university this is used as an oxidizer. It must have been used this way when combined as Al-Mg-Ba(NO3)2 in an enclosed and therefore oxigen lacking shell. Maybe ED thinks because of the barium nitrate the tracer was green, which is clearly wrong as it is part of the HEI filler.

German Luftwaffe day tracers were mostly consisting of a Magnesium filler (well and obviously a primer) and therefore burn in bright white to blueish.

Ahh, okay that makes sense. (:doh: where is my Luftwaffe Ammunition for Dummies book when I need it?)