How handicapped are we going to be with Jester AI

fmedges

Watching some of the videos out there using jester ai got me thinking. How much of the things being set by the command wheel would a real rio just do? It seems like there is going to be a fair amount of micro-management going on so my question is are we actually doing both the pilots and part of the rio’s job by using jester ai?

IRL he may well be telling you what to do, especially when you are new in the jet.

Not that the answer is much help to your question I think we will just have to wait to see how much AI stuff Jester will automatically do.

For instance you face up to a threat 20nm away will he automatically lock for a shot at shot. Will he tell you when you should take a shot for a good PK.

It's gonna be a fun learning experience when it gets released.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I'm going to go with the bare minimum scenario. You now have your own personal AWACS sitting in the back seat, calling out targets for you personally.

He's much more than that, it seems, but even just the bare minimum is incredibly helpful.

I am with you! As my Situational Awareness was never the best in Air to Air I hope I can get some more fun out of Air to Air with Jester in the back.

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020