Mig-29 canopy glass opacity too high

Hi, just wanted to point out that while FINALLY, the "blue shine" bug in the mig-29 canopy has been fixed in the new 2.1 version, there is another problem...its too opaque, which makes very hard to look out of the cockpit...so just hope this could be fixed asap please!

will try to post an image later...

pictures:

1496498921-dcs-2017-06-03-16-07-27-05.jpg

1496498920-dcs-2017-06-03-16-04-15-33.jpg

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

I don't have the Normandy map to test this out on. Put the one below in Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Cockpit\Textures

Save a backup copy of your current cockpit textures .zip in another folder.

Rename the .zip from MIG-29-13-CPT-TEXTURES_2.zip to MIG-29-13-CPT-TEXTURES.zip

Let me know if you see any difference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrjgr8stp78kkaj/MIG-29-13-CPT-TEXTURES_2_fixed.zip?dl=0

Edited by SinusoidDelta
Updated link to corrected zip

The problem i´ve found is that the files are inside a folder inside the zip. You must zip the files WITHOUT a folder.

Only the zip with the files inside.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The problem i´ve found is that the files are inside a folder inside the zip. You must zip the files WITHOUT a folder.

Only the zip with the files inside.

I made the same mistake with the Su-27 textures :doh:

Both times I was in a rush and just right clicked the folder and click send to archive. Sorry about that.

Is the glass reflection improved?

Edit: Here is the corrected zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrjgr8stp78kkaj/MIG-29-13-CPT-TEXTURES_2_fixed.zip?dl=0

Edited by SinusoidDelta
  • Like 1

It seems better, still some white reflection but is better now.

Thans SinusoidDelta.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

You think you could fix the VSN F-14 mod as well? That would incredibly appreciated if so. My friends and I use it quite a lot.

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

I have just tested your files and Im not sure if there is a slight difference but it looks more or less the same to me buddy :cry:...everythings seems correctly installed though...will try again with the original one and see if I can notice better the difference.

Many thanks for your help!!:thumbup:

Take a look at my MODS here

Gotcha, I just wouldn't know where to start ha, no DCS modding experience, well, labels don't count. Since they are such popular mods hopefully they will get fixed soon?

I do like the instrument reflections, it's just the glare from the exterior that needs toned down. I opened those fixed MIG-29 files just now in Gimp and yeah, I wouldn't even know where to start.

Edited by Ghostrider142

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

I have just tested your files and Im not sure if there is a slight difference but it looks more or less the same to me buddy :cry:...everythings seems correctly installed though...will try again with the original one and see if I can notice better the difference.

Many thanks for your help!!:thumbup:

Roger that. Let me know if you find anything on your end. I'll have another look at the textures later to see if I missed something.

You think you could fix the VSN F-14 mod as well? That would incredibly appreciated if so. My friends and I use it quite a lot.

Sure, I can make an attempt!

the VSN F-14 mod can use the F-15 cockpit so you need to fix the cockpit and then you can copy it over to the mod(s)

Thanks for the info. I'll post something soon.

Here's another iteration for the MiG-29 cockpit glass. I lowered the alpha a bit more. Testing on NTTR I don't see much glare or reflection but there's a blue hue to the transparency that I can't figure out how to remove. Let me know if you see any difference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxy8021i2wa4366/MIG-29-13-CPT-TEXTURES%20v3%20glass.zip?dl=0

• Like 1