TAW Dedicated Server Info

red_coreSix

Admins, please.....

Hello,

So, we the very active players (ZHeN, Redbat, Dean, Archangel, Leumi, me, and others) have been slowly walking away from the server.

This is why i'm beging the admins to make some changes, and if you have no idea what to change, contact Deadbeef (or PM me an email address) and ask him to transfer you the emails i sent him. In these, i have proposed quite a few fixes for the problems that exist, improvements,... for this mission. Of course these are just propositions.

One of the biggest was the change of Standard map layout :

And in the quest to see if it works, a small team of elite players (joke of course) worked all day to make it happen :

attachment.php?attachmentid=162125&stc=1&d=1494714274

This is supposed to fix most of the balance issues we've had with the old North to South layout (Elbrus antenna, Inguri Dam,...), up North it creates a BVR "Zone" since there are no moutains to hide behind :) And in that BVR zone, in this base layout, it's only Mirages against Mig-29Ss wich, in someway, is more fair then M2Ks vs Su-27s.

It makes Nalchik a very attractive airfield to capture, to win superiority in the region.

The thing is, the mission wasn't designed to be like this, and so, the Reds have no A-10s, no Mirages at Senaki, but they do have 4 Viggens, 4 Su-25Ts and 4 Mig-21s (wich makes no sense),

Beslan has no helicopters, making the capture of Nalchik (for whoever starts with that airfield) impossible without a very brave pilot who has two hours to spare.

And probably other problems, but hey, solves multiple issues, also creates new ones... but it's refreshing.

So please admins, do something, the server is dying at the moment, and we don't want that to happen :) :thumbup:

Sincerely, Rex

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, thanks for all the feedback. We will revert the mission to an earlier stage before it went on the NA servers.

We also hope to bring it back to an EU server eventually but no promises when that'll happen yet.

Edit: The map layout will not change in the foreseeable future, there is a lot of coding involved to make that happen and would require a complete rewrite of certain scripts.

Edited by red_coreSix

We will revert the mission to an earlier stage before it went on the NA servers.

What do you mean by that, please? I can't remember much NA changes except for the Fox3s, ETs/ERs and Kh-58s...

Edit: The map layout will not change in the foreseeable future, there is a lot of coding involved to make that happen and would require a complete rewrite of certain scripts.

Yeah, we've noticed already... for example, Blue Mirage MinVody slots force players to perform full INS alignment even with "INS is always aligned" option set to ON in the game settings

Also blue EWR in MinVody doesn't show targets for players... and probably more bugs to come

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Server is back up. Weapon restrictions are back. I will see if I find time to alter the original savegame to shift blue/red airbases (easy, no real coding necessary) and check the slots are properly distributed. Cannot promise anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it the end ?

Hey guys, i noticed a week ago that the mission wasn't up anymore, same thing for the website. Did the NA guys drop the mission, is it the end of KO ?

I would think not considering the work that has gone in this mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Looks like they don't care even to respond..

I have responded to Zhens personal message a while ago outlining the situation. Two things: I am in the middle of my work season and have zero time for anything, I am glad if I can join a server in between to get some sticktime, but from tomorrow I will be on the road for almost 1.5 months. Apart from that, we currently don't have a server available where it could be hosted, plus we lack personel that is capable and willing to spend the time maintaining the server.

The KO is not dead, however it is put on halt until the factors above change and ED progresses further with merging the versions and improving multiplayer. If anyone is willing to step up and spend time working on it feel free to shoot me a message. Just be aware that it is not just a mission file that needs to be loaded.

That said, we do have some members spending time to get to know the code, but due to it's complexity this is no easy but time consuming task. As I said, I invite anyone who is willing to help to shoot me a message.