LN's real next aircraft

Coyote Duster

Doesnt mean the MiG-23 is off the table... IRAQI MiG-23's in Serbia anyone?

http://luftwaffeas.blogspot.nl/2011/05/iraqi-mig-23.html

Nice find. Had no idea those existed. Still, the Mig29 is still flying, so I stand by my original "assumption" :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect, but that is your own personal compilation of a lot of information from a lot of different sources. A lot of it is rumour based on unofficial statements from developers or simply speculation.

I for one have seen no evidence that a Mig23 is in current development from anyone. The fact that Razbam has cancelled their Mig23 could mean anything, but Im pretty sure that it doesn't mean that someone else has that module in development. We already have a Spitfire, done by ED, and yet another variant is being developed by a third party.

Back on topic, I think the only likely "modern" Soviet/Russian jet that Leatherneck might end up developing is going to be a full fidelity Mig29.

I base this assumption on one main fact. LN's lead programmer is an active Mig21 pilot in the Serbian Air force. The only other Russian fighter jet that the Serbian Air Force fields is the Mig29. While Novak doesn't fly them, Im reasonably sure that he would have pretty much unlimited access to the airframes as well as to his colleague SMEs, who do.

If i recall full fidgelity FC3 ( mig29) was one of the aircraft down ED's personal roadmap, so they may have it reserved.

there has been no indication that LN wants to do a mig29. Again this is all speculation, but with the given information at this given time id be leaning that Mig29 would be done by ED themselves by some point into the future in an effort to towards having full fidelity modules of FC3 aircraft. after all i nthe model viewer many of of the FC3 aircraft have animations for switches already complete, So that would seem its primarily coding that remains.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

There are several reasons why a MiG-23 module from Leatherneck seems likely. This is one of them:

This interview was a while ago, but module plans are probably made far ahead given the long development times, so this assertion still carries some weight.

Add to that the fact that this comment by Cobra:

we have a jet lined up for after the F-14 already.

And the fact that the MiG-23 was "not available" to Razbam, many have jumped to the conclusion that Leatherneck is already developing one.

Time will tell and I doubt that there will be any indication till after the Tomcat is released. But there are reasons to expect a MiG-23 over a MiG-29 from Leatherneck.

-Nick

If you look at the history of the F-14 you can clearly see the MiG-23 in the picture aswell. The American F-14's engaging the Lybian MiG-23's in the Gulf of Sidra 1989. The countless clashes with the Iranian F4's,F-5's and F-14's vs Iraqi MiG-21's, Su20/22's, Su24's, MiG-23's, MiG-25's etc etc.

The map of Hormuz would be a beautifull battlefield for these birds. And thats a map we know in development. Maybe Iran and Iraq as a map are also in the works.

g8PjVMw.png

There is no tomcat or viggen systems in F-15E :smartass:

True, though the F-14D shares it's radar with the F-15E (some small changes), but the LNS F-14 is the A/A+/B models which has no commonality with the F-15E.

Also, the F-15E is planned by Razbam, though they are waiting for the A-G radar to be sorted by ED with the F/A-18C module. The F-15E (along with A-7E and A-6E) are probably a few years out.

-Nick

While an A-4 is being done, it is a very advanced mod. Yes, very advanced, but mod never the less, so if someone would want to make a module I am not sure if it would be a show stopper for them. However, I would be surprised if A-4 and F-14 have any serious systems commonality. Between F-4 and F-14 however? That may be a possibility. I for one, however, hope that if and when we get a Phantom, it will be an F-4E and not a Naval one, unless the module can include both somehow.

Some A-4 and F-4 share a few instruments, but not the ones that are most iconic. Later A-4 shared the UHF radios, backup ADIs, and a few other parts. I don't think the F-14 had any parts in common with the A-4, but I could be mistaken. It is, after all, a 15-year newer design and for a completely different role.

Skyraider would be interesting indeed. I do recall someone starting one, intenting to bring it to module level and apply for 3rd part licence, but I don't think this would stop one of estabilished 3rd parties if they have started one. But we didn't had any tangible hints toward that one yet either.

archimaede has a Skyraider in progress. His thread is here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=167159

Besides our own work, I personally am looking forward to some fast attack birds. I also can't wait to see what happens with improved naval warfare support from ED and how they'll integrate the F-14. Having naval fleet versus naval fleet battles, complete with ASW, SAR, and maybe even CA integration of missile frigates would be awesome.

--gos

• 1 month later...

Please for the love of God... DCS: MiG-23/MiG-29 :cry:

Though fling the MiG-21bis against M-2000c/F-15c's is fun... It's not very competitive. ;)

I don't know why... But I have an uncontrolled attraction towards the RED team in DCS! :D

Blue Meanies are bad! The Revolutionary Economical Disaster is far greater! URAAAAAA!!! :mad:

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Would you guys want a 70's or 80's MiG-23 (Early or Late)?

Would prefer a late 2-generation A-A model (MiG-23MLD)! :)

However any model could really do... My favorite option would be to have the first truly mass produced variant (MiG-23M) and the newest official variant (MiG-23MLD). This would allow for both a mid and late cold war aircraft. However if I had to choose, I would choose the MiG-23MLD with the new Sapfir-23MLA-II with upgraded dogfight and look down shoot down, SPO-15L, new chaff/flare dispensers, R-24R/T, aerodynamic improvements, and the very effective R-73. :D

*EDIT*

Also IRST+R-24T master race! )))))))))))))))))))))))))

Edited by asla36
IRST masterrace! ))))))))))))))))

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Would you guys want a 70's or 80's MiG-23 (Early or Late)?

would rather have a mig23 ml or mla.

Russia could use something technologically comparable to mirage f1 and or late f4e phantom.

mig23 mld on the other hand is in that position where it's more lethal than those 3rd gen but still inferior to most 4th gen stuff anyhow. for a proper 4th gen fighter were it would be better to have a full fidelity mig29 and su27.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

would rather have a mig23 ml or mla.

Russia could use something technologically comparable to mirage f1 and or late f4e phantom.

mig23 mld on the other hand is in that position where it's more lethal than those 3rd gen but still inferior to most 4th gen stuff anyhow. for a proper 4th gen fighter were it would be better to have a full fidelity mig29 and su27.

I could do with a MiG-23M model as well. IRST+R-23T is still a sneaky combo! :D

Honestly I am happy with any A-A variant (for A-G I would prefer the Su-22!)... But my greed for advanced Russian tech really shows with the MiG-23MLD choice (and the R-73 masterrace ;) )! :)

The MiG-23M model because that was the truly mass produced one, and what I would think of if I heard "MiG-23".

And as to the MiG-23MLD not being lethal enough compared to modern fighters... Yeah, and no... The A-A armament is the same as the Su-27 (with less spam) on MP servers with weapon restrictions. And the famous IRST+medium range IR-guided missile combination is there. But the avionics and air frame design are starting to show their age.

Sadly I fear that the MiG-23MLD would be the most modern full fidelity Russian fighter we get in DCS... The Russians are very secretive about their thingies (as ED has run into that problem in the past)! :(

Welp! Lets hope for some kind of official contract (like with the Ka-50)! :D

Though it may be a very long wait...

Edited by asla36
I spells gut!

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

I could do with a MiG-23M model as well. IRST+R-23T is still a sneaky combo! :D

Honestly I am happy with any A-A variant (for A-G I would prefer the Su-22!)... But my greed for advanced Russian tech really shows with the MiG-23MLD choice (and the R-73 masterrace ;) )! :)

The MiG-23M model because that was the truly mass produced one, and what I would think of if I heard "MiG-23".

And as to the MiG-23MLD not being lethal enough compared to modern fighters... Yeah, and no... The A-A armament is the same as the Su-27 (with less spam) on MP servers with weapon restrictions. And the famous IRST+medium range IR-guided missile combination is there. But the avionics and air frame design are starting to show their age.

Sadly I fear that the MiG-23MLD would be the most modern full fidelity Russian fighter we get in DCS... The Russians are very secretive about their thingies (as ED has run into that problem in the past)! :(

Welp! Lets hope for some kind of official contract (like with the Ka-50)! :D

Though it may be a very long wait...

AFAIK it wasthe (2000s era modernization) Su27Sm and Mig29Smt they had issues with getting out and had to cancel, not the 80s cold war era Su27 or Mig29's which are present in Fc3. I guess they wanted those versions because thet avoinics, and Glass pits and avoinics comparable to Western 4th gen from 90's - present, since it was a common complaint from redforce players wanting better tech and flanker with R77.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

AFAIK it wasthe (2000s era modernization) Su27Sm and Mig29Smt they had issues with getting out and had to cancel, not the 80s cold war era Su27 or Mig29's which are present in Fc3. I guess they wanted those versions because thet avoinics, and Glass pits and avoinics comparable to Western 4th gen from 90's - present, since it was a common complaint from redforce players wanting better tech and flanker with R77.

So, we may still have hope for those!?!? :D

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

I kind of agree that MLD would be a bit "neither fish nor fowl" in fitting with other aircraft: would be a bit too good for most other 3rd gen fighters, but still no match for even the least of 4th gens.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I kind of agree that MLD would be a bit "neither fish nor fowl" in fitting with other aircraft: would be a bit too good for most other 3rd gen fighters, but still no match for even the least of 4th gens.

The MiG-23MLA would indeed probably be a better choice... But mah' greed! >:]

As for not being a match for 4th gen fighters... Well I fly the MiG-21bis against modern thingies, so I'm "a bit" biased. ;)

Anyways... With certain maneuvers you can pretty much auto-evade missiles within the current mechanics. And why get detected/fired upon in the first place? With IRST sneaking is a lot easier! And with IR-MRM missiles you can stealth fire! Which means that the missiles will have a non-evading target. And when you sneak in R-73 range (MiG-23MLD only)... It's over! I'm probably way too exited! :D

But, in my opinion the MiG-23ML model would be the ideal variant (if you could only have 1). It provides the best of both worlds, and is the first variant where dogfight capability was a major factor in design. Dogfight capability being a major factor because the BVR missiles are only good for non-evading targets (bombers, fighters that have no idea you are there because you use IRST :) ).

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

... it would be better to have a full fidelity mig29 and su27.

I wonder if something like that happens, what will happen to the fc3 aircraft?

will it be a different purchase?

Will both be allowed in mp at the same time, like different versions?

Will the fc3 aircraft be replaced with the full fidelity aircraft at a cost or free(slim chances)?

Would take the MLD for one Reason, thats the RWR.

MLD use the SPO-15, SPO-10 from the MIG-21 up to the MLA is realy outdated not that usefull against 3th Gen Fighters.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Oh, Leatherneck! You teasing bastards! ;)

Dis gunna be gud! :D

Honestly anything they make is awesome, so WOOO!!! But gotta hope... MiG-23! )))))))))))))))

Have a test about Africa tomorrow... So gotta study! :I

But still... GIMME' GIMME' GIMME'! :D

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

A guy in a DCS-group on facebook posted this photoshoped picture of the "Coming-soon" site - looks like theres a hint in the background - a 3d-model

:thumbup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=160993&stc=1&d=1492681707

I googled it and found this matching nose from a P-38 :smartass:

attachment.php?attachmentid=160994&stc=1&d=1492706784

I think one of the next aircrafts will be at least a P-38... but the right side of the image isnt carified yet. Looks like a wing or something?!

Edited by easy_ci

HW-Specs: Ryzen 5800x | Gigaybte RTX 3080 | 32Gb DDR4-4000 | 2x M.2 970Evo + SSDs| LG 34" 21:9

Peripherie: Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Slew-Mod + Nyogel) + MFG Crosswind Pedals | SimShaker Jetpad | HP Reverb G2

A guy in a DCS-group on facebook posted this photoshoped picture of the "Coming-soon" site - looks like theres a hint in the background - a 3d-model

:thumbup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=160993&stc=1&d=1492681707

I googled it and found this matching nose from a P-38 :smartass:

attachment.php?attachmentid=160994&stc=1&d=1492706784

I think one of the next aircrafts will be at least a P-38... but the right side of the image isnt carified yet. Looks like a wing or something?!

Ok, dreams over. ;)

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]