=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

re we sure the B17s gunners are fixed? I did not see it in the changelog and today I watched PhilStyle fly a Third Reich Spitfire up behind a formation after the update and they did not shoot back.

yup they shoot back, its not perfekt but hey

Hi gents,

here something i wrote about a test on Storm of War with the gunners from the B-17, maby this helps the mapmakers to get the gunnersettings right. Of curse the gunnersettings depents on what the server wants, easy targets or need the pilot who is atacking his brain:

Philstyle, Mauf and me did some testing on the gunners from the B-17 on a fast Mission from Philstyle.

We tested two settings, at the first one the gunners where on exelent, the second setting was a mix of

exelent in the leading planes of the formation and the rest where set to veteran. Even when there will be lots of

wineing about how strong the gunners are, i would say from the view of a german pilot, they are better than expected

and the make it not easy to atack them.

How they react:

1) every atack from 4 - 8 a clock at the same level or in a slight dive at high speed, they will get you and kill your plane or

the pilot. An atack from high six with a dive with about 60 - 70 degrees at high speed is possible.

2) atacking from 10 - 2 a clock or level from 12 a clock is the best way to atack the bombers. Also atacking from

9 or 3 a clock high, low or same level is the save way.

3) You can also survive to be complet in the formation, as long you dont fly for 1 second straigt and level, 1 second and

you are death.

4) Looks like the gunners open fire at about 500m, so you could come in on the death six, open fire at 600m and try to

kill a bomber. Yes you can try it icon_e_biggrin.gif , but this will happen: At 500m you hear the gunners start making hits on you,

at 300m your plane is on fire and your pilot is death.

5) Also it looks like the gunners cant track the atacker if he comes in on a high angle and high speed, so the angle and

the leed the gunner needs to hit, change to fast for him to calculate, or the gunturrets cant move so fast.

Hopefully Phil can post something more about this test in better english, so all is right said.

I personally would change a thing on the settings we testet, makes the pilot to use his brain if he want to atack the bombers and the noobs that try the easy way will be killed faster than they can say ....... . Even when the new DM is coming, i would not change the gunners. It was a dangerus thing to atack a B-17 combat box and hard to shot down a bomber.

regards

Little_D

• Like 1

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."

"The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

Hi B-Skies team,

Thanks for the updated mission (Airfields)

However, it is impossible for the allies to destroy a Tiger Tank right now, so the mission objections cannot be achieved.

Can you change the Tigers to a vehicle that we can destroy, please?

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Can we please have the livery selection back?

Also, I loved the missions with the 3 ground objectives a lot better than this capture the airfield thing. The former ones were much more immersive especially for ground attackers.

Just wait for the updated airfields. I'm working on airfield defense setup. They will look like a real ground target

Then there will be optional ground targets too, not related to airfields, like train stations, field camps etc

No plans for livery selection. Fictional and nonexistent liveries are not intended.

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Hi B-Skies team,

Thanks for the updated mission (Airfields)

However, it is impossible for the allies to destroy a Tiger Tank right now, so the mission objections cannot be achieved.

Can you change the Tigers to a vehicle that we can destroy, please?

Curretly it's Panther. Its destroyable, just needs 2-3 direct hvar hits

Burning Skies

Idk if just proposed before, could be helpful add more 5 - 10 mins after the end mission to permit all players to landing safe. If a player is far, with 5 mins haven't time enough to come back on base

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

Hi Eekz,

In the current mission the 109 ground crew are not responding to run the starter command at either Axis base :(

I think it might be related to all Axis bases being set at neutral, currently.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

No, they are only displayed neutral, but actually they are axis if it's displayed such in airfield menu. Do you use Alt+/ radio menu or / menu with open canopy? The second option should work. I believe it matters as Bf109s radios are only tuned to respawn airfields but not capturable airfields.

I tried both spawn airfields, both showing as axis (in your mission menu F10), using all types of radio menus, canopy open and closed.

Everyone had the same issue this evening. 2100Z onwards, at least

It was fine between 1500Z-1830Z for me.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

I tried both spawn airfields, both showing as axis (in your mission menu F10), using all types of radio menus, canopy open and closed.

Everyone had the same issue this evening. 2100Z onwards, at least

It was fine between 1500Z-1830Z for me.

I've edited my post. You are completely right. There is a thing I've missed. Will fix it in an hour or two and drop updated mission to the server.:thumbup:

It's good as even in current state the mission will get sense (and i'll have some extra time to make airfield captures). It'll be favorable to destroy units at enemy airfields and make them neutral, as they will not be usable for repairs and rearm.

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies