Just Completed!

LCYCowboy

I just completed the brilliant Argo campaign (thanks Greg and team for putting the effort in - campaigns are sorely lacking in DCS).

I just thought I would give my 2 pence worth of observations!

Positive:

- A great variety of missions, covering all sorts of mission types and surprises as well.

- Nice voice overs keeping you informed the whole time of your mission progress.

- Good level of difficulty (with none too impossible)

- Lots of nice Farps and many ship landings

- Good story line linking missions together nicely.

Things I might possibly change if I were tailoring it to me:

- More ATC involvement, as flying in and out of airports/FARPS would involve a fair bit of following precise instructions (maybe because I'm and Air Traffic Controller I notice this more :) )

- Less flying in a straight line for long periods (did the Argo really need to be so far from shore?). I have limited time on my computer, and a mission which involves flying long distances in a straight line becomes difficult. I know in real life helicopter pilots fly in straight lines for long periods, but I would have preferred more manoeuvring/mission based stuff. This becomes particularly noticeable when you have to re-fly a mission, and spend the first 20 minutes getting anywhere near the action (or like in the last mission, the last 45 minutes getting back home).

- Although I absolutely loved the weather (varying conditions - difficult conditions), you don't get CB clouds sparking lightning out with a cloud ceiling of 30,000 ft. More like between 2000-5000 for this type of cloud.

- the formation flying was strange. Having the helicopters following you (but flying in front) is hilarious at times. A system similar to the one used in the UN campaign would be better, where you follow a formation to the target. This also helps improve formation flying (which is great fun).

- Some random failures on the helicopter would also be nice

Please don't let these observations detract from what was the most fun campaign I have flown in DCS.

I am really looking forward to your next one! :)

Just finished it as well, great surprise at the end, hopefully setting up part two :)

Overall, great feedback. I'd never really flown the Huey before this, and I felt that this did a great job of pushing development, making it difficult, but not impossible. Some of the missions took me a few tries, some due to the mission, some due to my own stupidity.

Echo the comments about long distance legs being monotonous, but I guess that's reality. More interaction with Atc would be cool, as well as more frequent landings or more challenging landings (rooftops, constrained spaces). The weather variances were just right, fun to do low vis flying.

Hopefully you guys are working on something for NTTR, or even the Normandy map, this is by far the best campaign I've done. Well done!

Thank you guys!

Glad you enjoyed the campaign. Your feedback really helps to improve things in the future.

Yes there are plans for the next campaign but no ETA yet due to zero free time at the moment.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP