Upcoming WWII Damage Model Speculation

Magic Zach

What do you think the integrity of aircraft will be after the update? After watching many combat footage montages, it seems that the P-51D is far too fragile, and the 109 and 190 are too strong.

However, after the update this will change. I have read the the 109K4 is an especially light edition of the series. I don't know if this is either by having more empty space or change of materials. Either way, 109 just might become the most fragile aircraft in DCS.

Apparently, the P-47 was durable as hell, and could take quite a punch. I don't know how it's durability compares to the Dora, but I hope ED won't make the mistake they made with the Mustang. But, since the Spitfire, I don't think ED will make the Thunderbolt as fragile as the Mustang

Can we have a word from Skatezilla, Sithspawn, or anyone well educated in this area?

Edited by Magic Zach

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

I can say with certaintly that all the Allied aircraft will be unrealistically fragile and all the Axis aircraft will be unrealistically armoured....unless you fly Axis in which case the reverse is true :megalol:

==============================================================================================================================

56sqn US@R

Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 16Gb RAM, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 6xxx @ 2700 MHz

I can say with certaintly that all the Allied aircraft will be unrealistically fragile and all the Axis aircraft will be unrealistically armoured....unless you fly Axis in which case the reverse is true :megalol:

Haha hur dur herp derp. So funny :yay::prop::cheer3nc:

-------------

I predict that the out of the planes that we have in the game, the Fw190D will be the most durable, mostly due to the fact that it has the radiator in a hard to hit position and it will be a bit harder to destroy the wing than before. First fuel tank is also very well placed, so if 190 will have low fuel it can be hard to set on fire. I think that plane will get more survaviblity. But it is still an inline engine so any damage to it will result in engine failure.

P-51D will be very similar to what we have although 20mm and 13mm weapons won't be able to rip its wings off as quickly, but it has a radiator underneath that might be easy to damage from behind. It will also depend on the fuel level, if the auxilary tank is empty it won't be any problem but on long missions it might get set afire. It will be better not to get hit in the P-51D but it might take a hit or two. Just don't push it.

Bf109K will become the most fragile of all planes. Mainly due to the placement of very important systems. Radiators are big and around the cockpit and are easy to damage from every angle, MW50 and Fuel tank are always in the line of fire right behind the cockpit and the plane has only one wing spar to support the wing and it will be quite easy to make the wing fly off especially with Hispano and wheels are not locked so if you get hit into the hydraulic system, those wheels will drop. One more thing is the wooden vertical stabiliser which might shatter after getting hit with .50cal or 20mm bullets.

Spitfire will be more durable than the 109 but it will still be better not to get hit. Similarly to the P-51D, I think that 20mm and 13mm guns will do way less damage to the structure but they will be quite good at damaging systems, so you have to watch out for that and radiators might be possible to be hit from more angles than on P-51. It will generally be better not to get hit in the Spit.

The most durable plane we will have will be the P-47D which has thick wing spars, no water cooling, powerful and rugged engine that can take 20mm hits and keep on working. And it has its main "amour", the big turbocharger in the back of the plane that is so thick none of our weapons will be albe to go through it. Every part of that plane is rugged and can take a hit. The weakest point of every plane is the pilot, here it is the only weakpoint. But the Mk108 will test that durability and especially the wings will be put to the test, as that cannon can destroy B17's wing with 5 accurate hits.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Haha hur dur herp derp. So funny :yay::prop::cheer3nc:

-------------

I predict that the out of the planes that we have in the game, the Fw190D will be the most durable, mostly due to the fact that it has the radiator in a hard to hit position and it will be a bit harder to destroy the wing than before. First fuel tank is also very well placed, so if 190 will have low fuel it can be hard to set on fire. I think that plane will get more survaviblity. But it is still an inline engine so any damage to it will result in engine failure.

P-51D will be very similar to what we have although 20mm and 13mm weapons won't be able to rip its wings off as quickly, but it has a radiator underneath that might be easy to damage from behind. It will also depend on the fuel level, if the auxilary tank is empty it won't be any problem but on long missions it might get set afire. It will be better not to get hit in the P-51D but it might take a hit or two. Just don't push it.

Bf109K will become the most fragile of all planes. Mainly due to the placement of very important systems. Radiators are big and around the cockpit and are easy to damage from every angle, MW50 and Fuel tank are always in the line of fire right behind the cockpit and the plane has only one wing spar to support the wing and it will be quite easy to make the wing fly off especially with Hispano and wheels are not locked so if you get hit into the hydraulic system, those wheels will drop. One more thing is the wooden vertical stabiliser which might shatter after getting hit with .50cal or 20mm bullets.

Spitfire will be more durable than the 109 but it will still be better not to get hit. Similarly to the P-51D, I think that 20mm and 13mm guns will do way less damage to the structure but they will be quite good at damaging systems, so you have to watch out for that and radiators might be possible to be hit from more angles than on P-51. It will generally be better not to get hit in the Spit.

The most durable plane we will have will be the P-47D which has thick wing spars, no water cooling, powerful and rugged engine that can take 20mm hits and keep on working. And it has its main "amour", the big turbocharger in the back of the plane that is so thick none of our weapons will be albe to go through it. Every part of that plane is rugged and can take a hit. The weakest point of every plane is the pilot, here it is the only weakpoint. But the Mk108 will test that durability and especially the wings will be put to the test, as that cannon can destroy B17's wing with 5 accurate hits.

lol. :cheer3nc:

The P-47's turbo may be susceptible to fire due to the extreme temperatures.