Custom Default Views Not Being Saved in Gazelle

Since the most recent update (Feb 15th ?) I am unable to save Custom Default Views in the Gazelle. I have to reset or recustomize the default view EVERY time I get into a new cockpit.

Furthermore, it now appears that the Co-Pilot/Weapons Officer position and that of the Pilot are linked so that when you try to customize one view, it affects the other (in other words, you can set ONE default view only which is used for both seat positions).

This is not the way it was before and it sucks.

But it sucks even worse to have to recustomize the default view every single time.

It's time consuming and super freaking annoying.

Please resolve this Soon.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Am I the only one having this issue ?

It's hard to enjoy flying when one has to repeatedly customize the Default View with every flight.

Should I have posted this in the Polychop SA342 Bug Reports forum thread ?

This may well be a Gazelle specific problem (I don't know because I haven't been flying anything else).

But I figured I'd post it in this forum thread because I figured it was specific to DCS Updates and not the Gazelle.

Edited by SnowTiger

I've been having similar trouble but I can't 100% replicate it.

I would save my preferred cockpit view with ALT-KP0 and it would be fine. But I would then load a different mission and have the cockpit view revert to a previously saved position - and not the default either.

Got me thinking whether view settings are being included in mission files now?

I just did a test in both NTTR and Caucus maps with both the Gazelle and Huey.

Not only can I not save my Default view from one flight to the next, but I cannot save the Pilot/Co-Pilot Default views independently.

Even more annoying is the fact that my Hotas Profiles are Complete Screwed up.

I have had them saved onto a separate HD since 2009. I save each profile in their respective Aircraft/Mod folders. I have imported them from there (where they can't be affected by DCS Updates) since then without issue.

Now when I import them, they are completely warped. That is to say, they are NOT the way I programmed my Hotas buttons etc. Some things are correct, many things are not.

Furthermore, in the Huey even after completely redoing and re-saving my Hotas Profile, my Zoom In/Out (which I have programmed to a Hat) doesn't work At All !

So once again, a DCS Update has made my DCS UNPLAYABLE.

Anymore I find that it's just a complete waste of my time starting DCS up unless I feel the masochistic need to be aggravated.

BTW - Unfortunately it appears that when MP missions are saved, they are saved with the mission designer's view settings (or defaultview.lua or whatever) ?

This makes NO SENSE to me at all.

My hard drives are capable of saving and holding a ton of information. There is no need for each of us to be forced to use someone else's view settings every time we jump into a server.

DCS should be accessing OUR default view settings just like it does with OUR custom Hotas settings. That is .... when "that" works !