Normandy Map Discussion - Page 183 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-11-2017, 06:19 PM   #1821
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronin View Post
So when SoH comes out, will we have to pay for liveries for the Iraqi and Iranian air force?

What about units that fit that theater, will they be payed as well?
ED has never charged for liveries that I know of, and has no plans to that I know of. I also know of no asset pack for Iran right now, we have plenty of units that will work.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:22 PM   #1822
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56RAF_Talisman View Post
I won't jump in with the Normandy map yet as I intend to stick with V1.5 and don't plan to run more than one version of DCS. Once we have one fully merged version of DCS that we can all fly together I will then go for the Normandy map.

P.S. And the WWII access bundle thingy too of course.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman
The multiple installs, and early access arent for everyone, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, I know ED wants to try and get the merge done as soon as possible.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:25 PM   #1823
CapableJet7

What is it the "WWII Assets Pack"?
Old 03-11-2017, 06:40 PM   #1824
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapableJet7 View Post
What is it the "WWII Assets Pack"?
DCS World Weekend News - 10 March 2017
Old 03-11-2017, 06:42 PM   #1825
CapableJet7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
I saw but what is?
Old 03-11-2017, 06:50 PM   #1826
Decibel dB

Quote:
I saw but what is?
You saw but have you read it?
Decibel dB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:55 PM   #1827
hansangb
Veteran

Quote:
I saw but what is?
Assets from WWII.

Meaning period Sherman and Panzer tanks, trains, ships, anti-aircraft guns etc.

So eye candy as you fly around Normandy map and also used in Combat Arms module.
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:52 AM   #1828
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansangb View Post
ASo eye candy as you fly around Normandy map and also used in Combat Arms module.
Well, I wouldn't say just eye candy since I think you will want some target to fire at, wether Shermans, Tigers, flaks, or a B-17, later expanded with several other IA aircraft units. I would say that's pretty much necessary in a full environment, not just eye candy .

S!
Old 03-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #1829
Medic8ed

I think an exciting aspect of this that hasn't been talked about too much will be the combined arms part. Sure, loitering in a jeep or doing tank battles has been mentioned but there are other interesting aspects.

For MP servers, not only could you have PvP in tanks, but I think it will be fun to man a Bofors AA and try to take out humane players flying at objectives. They could even set up a Combined Arms only server for those who wanted to do ground battles, though who knows how popular that would be since I imagine CA is not as popular as flying, being this is primarily a flight simulator.

And depending on how in depth they get with the 88mm (will it only be anti-tank or could you use it as AAA?) - imagine trying to take out bombers with bursting air shells. Might not be the most exciting, but probably a pretty novel thing to see in a modern day simulator!

Either way, should be fun for those of us that like the WWII aspect of games and simulators!
Medic8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:13 PM   #1830
Andy1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic8ed View Post
I think an exciting aspect of this that hasn't been talked about too much will be the combined arms part. Sure, loitering in a jeep or doing tank battles has been mentioned but there are other interesting aspects.

For MP servers, not only could you have PvP in tanks, but I think it will be fun to man a Bofors AA and try to take out humane players flying at objectives. They could even set up a Combined Arms only server for those who wanted to do ground battles, though who knows how popular that would be since I imagine CA is not as popular as flying, being this is primarily a flight simulator.

And depending on how in depth they get with the 88mm (will it only be anti-tank or could you use it as AAA?) - imagine trying to take out bombers with bursting air shells. Might not be the most exciting, but probably a pretty novel thing to see in a modern day simulator!

Either way, should be fun for those of us that like the WWII aspect of games and simulators!

Or shoot at bomber formations with a battery of 88's
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote