Possible to include "easier" version?

Hello,

Please possible to include "easier" version of campaign? For love of good I can't win most of engagement. I have feeling that DCS AI simply cheats a lot when set to Excellent. They pull insane out of energy verticals that I am not able to do (even F-5 vs F-5) and whole campaign otherwise with excellent feel turned into frustration train for me. I found out in mission editor when created my own BFM mission that High AI setting is manageable and more believable.

Please consider this sir.

Campaign should be fun for all and two difficulty versions (just simple Excellent to High change) will solve this. I can't do myself as encrypted missions are disabled for save. And yeah I know maybe I suck at F-5 flying, maybe DCS AI cheats too much on Excellent.

We debated on how challenging to make the missions. If it's too easy then the experienced players would be frustrated and too hard and the rookies would be frustrated.

In the end we felt making it the most challenging would benefit all players as the rookies would improve over time (if they stuck with it) and the experienced players would still get a challenge and entertainment.

As the AI improves (and ED is committed to this) it should make it easier to defeat them as they should reflect more human like traits.

The F-5E doesn't have the power of many of it's competitors so you do have to think differently about how to approach the dogfights. In our testing most kills were deflection kills with getting the nose in front of the target and having them fly through the bullet stream (as opposed to a typical tail chase). Contrast that to the F-15 which has the power to get on a bandit's six.

MrPilot has done a great job showcasing his dogfight experience with the F-5E. Studying his techniques can help you be successful too.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

We debated on how challenging to make the missions. If it's too easy then the experienced players would be frustrated and too hard and the rookies would be frustrated.

In the end we felt making it the most challenging would benefit all players as the rookies would improve over time (if they stuck with it) and the experienced players would still get a challenge and entertainment.

As the AI improves (and ED is committed to this) it should make it easier to defeat them as they should reflect more human like traits.

The F-5E doesn't have the power of many of it's competitors so you do have to think differently about how to approach the dogfights. In our testing most kills were deflection kills with getting the nose in front of the target and having them fly through the bullet stream (as opposed to a typical tail chase). Contrast that to the F-15 which has the power to get on a bandit's six.

MrPilot has done a great job showcasing his dogfight experience with the F-5E. Studying his techniques can help you be successful too.

MrPilot Won his fight with only one engine in AB:music_whistling:.

I won this campaign some time ago but now due some changes in AI behavior it's near impossible to win any fight.

Please test by yourself, this campaign is not fun annymore , just a nightmare of difficulty.

We tested various examples this afternoon and we did find the dogfights challenging but not impossible.

Attached is a trk file of a couple of kills against the MiG-29.

In our testing we were also able to get hard-deck kills (not as sweet as a guns kill but useful if they get behind you and still considered a win).

Since most of the bandits have better thrust to weight ratios you can't tail chase. As you will see in the trk getting our nose in front of them and having them fly through the bullet stream was successful.

This was using the latest OpenBeta version.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14zLVgkQzpYgpKj1xALJpszZH5QLMvTqP

We did use the padlock capability F5 to help with SA as we do find keeping an eye on the bandit a graphical challenge (using TIR and in VR).

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Just watched track and jeeez that deflection snapshot guns firing. Insane! I need learn to do this. I always vent vertical and try get into same plane with terget what seems as bed idea in F-5.

I went from F-18 BFM campaign and Tiger one is more demanding.

BTW is F-16 version of this planned please? I got all so far F-15/F-5 and F-18 BFM

• 1 month later...

I finaly did it!!

I scored 90% with 11kills. I pass each mission with at least partial succes.

Most of them were snap shots like in your exemple.

I cheat a little bit with unlimited ammo.

I just wish, if possible to obtain the kill when the IA run away damaged, because it's a pain to chase them before the end of the vull time.

I fanally have some fun playing this campaign. Thanks for your advises Sabrethumbup.gif.

Edited by "Tumbleweed"

• 7 months later...

Is everyone seeing the same track as I am?? In the track listed above I see two "wins" but they are both for the Mig-29. First is Uzi1-1(the f-5 player) breaking the hard deck. The 2nd is Uzi1-1 getting shot up by the Mig-29. The video ends shortly after.

I did see the "snapshot" attempt by the player but I don't think it was very close. Hell I have a lot of those in my attempts as well with same results. Almost 30 seconds after this the Mig is on the player's six and shooting him up.

I think the video proves the original user's point that maybe they should be an "easy" level campaign. I know I would get more out if then.

I would still like to see a (fairly recent) track with someone getting a win against the AI. From reading the forums, it seems at some time the AI changed. Does anyone know when that was exactly? The posted video from MrPilot is from 2017.

I started to doubt by abilities and fired up Il-2 and did some dogfights against an Ace level opponent. While challenging it was eventually possible to get a kill. With DCS on Ace, it's pretty much impossible. With the time limit of the campaign even more so.

Edited by plau011