Thrustmaster MFD Backlighting

I've been playing around with fiber optic and various types of led to backlight my MFD's when I stumbled across this project. If these aren't too expensive when he starts production, I would purchase some. Looks like he already has a production model with packaging and everything.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4453812/prdevices-backlight-module-for-thrustmaster-cougar-mfd

• 8 months later...
I've been playing around with fiber optic and various types of led to backlight my MFD's when I stumbled across this project. If these aren't too expensive when he starts production, I would purchase some. Looks like he already has a production model with packaging and everything.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4453812/prdevices-backlight-module-for-thrustmaster-cougar-mfd

Do you know if he ships to the USA?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

There is a webshop for a while now (search prdevices pl) and it's like 70 EUR without the plates (there are some custom plates for Mirage 2000 and MiG-15 modules apparently). Not sure how well it works with the stock transparent plastic plates and custom paper printouts?

I've considered these, but given the relatively high price, I figured I'd rather buy a 11,6" FHD LCD for roughly the same price and mount the MFD's on it. Then I could either show static images with my programmed functions or in-game MFD screens if use them as such.

Not saying it's overpriced as it seems like a well made product, but for what it does, an LCD would be way more flexible, IMHO.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

MFD Backlighting

This guy in Poland doesn’t seem too interested in selling these. I have contacted him 3-4 times about shipping to the USA. Once in Polish! Haven’t heard a thing back.

The price doesn’t seem too much to me, considering I know nothing about how to set up a couple of small LCDs. Screwing the backlighting plates to my MFDs is a lot simpler and less time consuming.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

• 3 weeks later...

MFD Backlighting Plates

I just went to their website, again, and found they do ship to the USA. Finally.

So, I ordered a set of two. Don't have a delivery date as yet.

69 Euros +33 Euros for shipping. About $120.

Edited by TWC_SLAG

TWC_SLAG

Hi, TWC-SLAG Your order is being tested before shipment. Shipping at the latest on Tuesday 27.10.2019

It will go a little half of the world, so I can be sure that everything is ok. Everything took a while, because I realized that you have different plugs and voltage in the US in the US. But I got the adapter and I will pack everything tomorrow :-)

As for sellers to the USA - I lingered. Because I'm not sure what your tax deal looks like. I have no problem here in Europe :-)

Hi, TWC-SLAG Your order is being tested before shipment. Shipping at the latest on Tuesday 27.10.2019

It will go a little half of the world, so I can be sure that everything is ok. Everything took a while, because I realized that you have different plugs and voltage in the US in the US. But I got the adapter and I will pack everything tomorrow :-)

As for sellers to the USA - I lingered. Because I'm not sure what your tax deal looks like. I have no problem here in Europe :-)

Great news. I’m looking forward to trying them out. When you mail them, please send me the tracking number to my email address.

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

My backlights shipped today.

TWC_SLAG