Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me $39.99 seems steep for the amount of work done here, $19.99 would have been a fairer price. Charging full game price for an update is imo taking you're fanbase for granted.

If full game price is what was wanted then more than one cockpit should have been made, after all this still would not have equalled the work needed to make a full DCS:F-15 or would it?

I'm guessing that the reason it's so high is because other than needing LOMAC it's standalone.

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Whether I buy it or not, I say EXCELLENT work ED!! The F-15C looks fantastic, both inside and out. All your work, at every level of fidelity, is always top notch and only getting better.

For those in the community who are not that interested in FC3, vote with your money and don't buy it. But please, no more complaining.

The best votes are always cast with dollars (or your local monetary unit) and/or feet.

486DX w/turbo button

Moreover, if there are companies like Activision who release the same freaking call of duty for 10 years in a row without any major updates at all, why does ED have to be held up to higher standards inspite of them being a niche developer?

Simple answer, and you said it yourself: ED is not Activision. ED lives on the trust it has built up in it's small community, and their games sell because of the word of mouth this community produces not because of it's billion dollar marketing engine.

Their advange is that they are developing products that are not available anywhere else. They basically have no competitors and so far they kept their standarts pretty high while pricing their products modestly. They're pretty much the only developers I buy anthing they make, without any thought, just to keep them going.

Now, about FC3. The jump from FC1 to FC2 was a pretty huge one just because even "DCS compatibility" was such an immense update over the good ol' 2003 LOMAC structure. BS2 which was basically a patch bringing it up to DCS A-10C standart raised my eyebrows(Do we have to pay for compatibility of older products every time a new module releases? BS 3-4-5 anyone?) and now this, FC3.

I understand ED treats FC and "compatibility upgrades" like BS2 as their cash cows for their hard hitter DCS modules. Even though they try to legitimize the price by naming them as full sequels, I fail to see the "full sequel" content in them. What would you expect from a FC sequel? A new aircraft maybe, or a new map? Updated FM that feels less scripted?

People suggest "read the first page again", only "notable" features catching my eyes are "advanced missile dynamics" and "updated HUD and cockpit systems", the rest is DCS stuff we already have. While they sound nice I'd like to ask what are the improvements exactly? What exactly are the missile improvements, which cockpit systems got improved and how much? "Improvements" is a subjective term. Do we get to see the specifics before we shell out 40$? Or shall we put the trust to use again? Honestly, if the improvements are substantial, it can justify the purchase alone. But I'm not sure of that because of the lack of communication during development.

Judging by the demographics of the people here, 40$ is not a problem for most at all. ED Products are their hobby, they'll buy them no matter what. But with these moves, ED is turning off a small portion every time. Community is the currency they have, Activision can get away with it because they can make up for it in other areas, but ED really has to think twice about this "updates" IMO.

• Like 2

I would Like to see ED update the other planes over time as free mods/DLCs.

@Rossi - I think I have a spare LOMAC disc somewhere..

UK - > http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=where+to+buy+LOMAC&hl=en&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&biw=1920&bih=1019&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=12304097611825343994&sa=X&ei=G1xDUN_dCcWf0QXX34DQDA&ved=0CGEQgggwAA

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I wouldnt mind so much if FC3 was priced more reasonably. $29.99 would be fairer.

I had Lock On but I can't find the CD anywhere. I think it would of been better if ED ditched the Lock Series all together and developed a new IP.

Thats not taking away the coolness of this annoucement, I want to play, I just feel that I can't justify it right now.

The only planes I would fly would be the 25A and the 33.

As the only plane that's looked after is the Eagle then it's a no go for me on this.. wait for the sale think.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

Someone posted earlier that the F-15, and thus the American types, seem to be getting most of the love. I have to agree. I would like to have a Su-33 carrier takeoff that didn't seem so scripted. Or maybe a complete revamp of radar modelling to meet the DCS standard. And, yes, $40 bucks is steep for a 3rd upgrade to a decade old product.

Try having 3 Cy-33s on the carrier at the start of the mission..

The only available space is the far right spot.. the other two are not used.

Ok, I've read a whole bunch of opinion and this is mine:

Pros:

- FC3 looks a big step forward REGARDING FC2

- F-15c 6dof pit rocks!

- New T/O - Landing physics... Oh yeah!

- Concerning the price, some people cries because $40 is 'a lot' of money but have a look at the gaming market: $60 FIFA 2011 vs $60 FIFA 2012 (just an exemple): few adds but full price tag! The Call of... serie: Full price tag for 6-8 hours solo game (OK, you can go online too)

- 40$ to support future releases of ED? OK, I personally think that worth it when we see the terrific modules ED releases.

- Other announced features for FC3

Cons:

- Only the F-15c has 6dof + shadows (time issue)

- Just a communication issue: if I buy FC3, will it integrate into DCS-W or is it an independent installation? If it integrates into DCS-W, what should I expect as differences than before the FC3 installation?

Ok, so if somebody can answer those few questions...

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and thank you ED for your efforts and dedication.

EDIT: and err, what "updated HUD and cockpit systems" stands for?

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

OMg can't wait for these new SU25T 3D cpckpits awesome work ED. :thumbup:

leftpanel2.jpg

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Player aircraft?

Nate

yes.

Have 3 clients take off.

There is only one place available to take off from.

AFAIK/The last time I played FC2 in MP.

What about Su-25 cockpit? Will by pay options?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=56137&page=20

Oh that 3rd party mod..

Would be nice if ED helped him along a bit.

OMg can't wait for these new SU25T 3D cpckpits awesome work ED. :thumbup:

Where did you read that?

EDIT: That is a mod AFAIK, that is currently still incomplete.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

AFM missiles.

I guess FC3 is a buy. That and the improved ground physics will make everything a blast to fly. Also nice to see that all the cockpit systems have been upgraded, it might make the Su-27 easier to work with for me.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Me wants sidwinders swrling through the air :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

AFM missiles.

....Also nice to see that all the cockpit systems have been upgraded, it might make the Su-27 easier to work with for me.

AFAIK it's only for the F-15C