JHMCS Controller Bindings

ED apparently forgot to provide control bindings for the JHMCS. They will probably add those very soon, but I'm impatient.

I found 3 solutions that require adding one or 2 lines each to the "default.lua".

1. for use with buttons/switches:

These commands switch between OFF and 50%. Note: the max allowed value is 75%.

1.1 for use with a pair of buttons, or a rotary encoder, or an Up/Down toggle switch:

{down = hmd_commands.BrtKnob, cockpit_device_id = devices.HMD_INTERFACE, value_down =  0.5,    name = _('HMD Knob ON 50%'), category = {_('Instrument Panel')}},
{down = hmd_commands.BrtKnob, cockpit_device_id = devices.HMD_INTERFACE, value_down =  0.0,    name = _('HMD Knob OFF'), category = {_('Instrument Panel')}},

1.2 for use with a maintained ON/OFF switch, for example the EAC switch on the Warthog throttle:

{down = hmd_commands.BrtKnob, up = hmd_commands.BrtKnob, cockpit_device_id = devices.HMD_INTERFACE, value_down =  0.5, value_up =  0.0,    name = _('HMD Knob 2-Pos ON-50%/OFF'), category = {_('Instrument Panel')}},

2. for use with an axis:

{action = hmd_commands.BrtKnob, cockpit_device_id = devices.HMD_INTERFACE, name = _('HMD Knob OFF/BRT'), category = {_('Instrument Panel')}},

I tested it with the slider on my WH throttle, and it works with "slider" checked and saturation = 75%.

The lines for switch commands must be in the upper part of the file which ends somewhere near line 935, above the line containing only ")}", and the axis command must be in the lower part below this line: "join(res.axisCommands,{"

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

LeCuvier

Your axis addition works perfectly on my WH throttle. I used the same zoom axis as you did, but I added the joystick lever as a modifier so unmodified, the axis zooms and modified, the axis controls the HMD. Neat.

PS: I tried your key commands, but while I can see the commands listed in the instrument panel, after assigning keys to them, I could NOT enter a joystick button.

Edited by sobe
added ps

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Thanks, where is the default.lua file located?

"...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick"

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

LeCuvier

PS: I tried your key commands, but while I can see the commands listed in the instrument panel, after assigning keys to them, I could NOT enter a joystick button.

Trying to understand. You bound keys (on the keyboard?) to them, and you could not bind a joystick button?

This sounds as if you had added them into the "default.lua" under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\keyboard". They need to be added to the one under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick" of course. (or both if you want to have the option to use keyboard)

LeCuvier

New HMD Button CW and CCW commands from ED

As expected (but sooner than I expected), ED has added 2 commands "HMD OFF/BRT Knob - CW/Increase" and "HMD OFF/BRT Knob - CCW/Decrease" which allow you to turn the knob with a pair of buttons or an Up/Down toggle switch.

So the commands I added are no longer necessary, except maybe the one for an axis control.

LeCuvier

....except maybe the one for an axis control.

They also added an Axis command "HMD OFF/BRT Knob" :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

They also added an Axis command "HMD OFF/BRT Knob" :thumbup:

indeed! So I can discard my mods :)

LeCuvier