Helicopters Tournament 3

Alpenwolf

Just to be clear... Not only reds have way better performance and systems than blue, but also have missiles and bombs, while blue only has guns and rockets now. Is that correct?

Thanks!

That's correct. However, the Shkval seems to be malfunctioning somehow. It's almost impossible to lock up any aerial units with it. The Gazelle L can outmaneuver any helicopter out there and that's what they did in the first two rounds and scored lots of kills. The Huey's door gunners have scored a good number of air-to-air kills too.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Put me down for a Huey if one comes available sir o7

Sorry, buddy. Next time I'll pm you about the next tournament to make sure you get to fly your Huey. Just make sure, you don't get your period by then, sweety :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Initially, I had 2 SA342Miniguns for Blue. I've been informed that these helicopters are not really effective and that the AI gunner is not as good as e.g. the Huey's. If anyone still wants to fly the Minigun nonetheless, let me know and I'll put it back.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I strongly suggest that we Reds schedule some training together before Round 3.

Then I strongly suggest, you should pm at least 1 or 2 of them and start doing that. But first, everyone should get some skills training alone. Try the training mission, if you like.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

PSA: I've noticed that the Shkval still works in the stable release version of DCS. The screen isn't drowned in glare and I could lock a AH-1W (which has a super small siloutte) from 8km away without losing the lock.

So maybe having the Tournament with the stable release could level out the playing field, if ED doesn't fix the issue until then.

On a related note: I've made a RedFor KA-50 training mission for the event and would like to invite all Werewolf pilots to a couple of trainig session to figure out some tactics.

Edited by Requiem_Alpha
typos

Crowbar Inc.: "We deliver pain."

EDIT: Just noticed this was not in October but is coming in November... my bad. Do I need new glasses... eyes? :D

How did it go? Any footage from the event? (EDIT: just noticed the twitch.tv link, going to watch Tournament 2)

Was thinking the Gazelle L model is limited on ammunition - though maybe you don't live that long with such competent opponents :D EDIT: not an issue, see HT #2.

Need to get a bit of practice and I might be up joining the next... :bounce:

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

How did it go? Any footage from the event? (EDIT: just noticed the twitch.tv link, going to watch Tournament 2)

Was thinking the Gazelle L model is limited on ammunition - though maybe you don't live that long with such competent opponents :D

Looks like the numbers didn't go to full and it was a bit stacked. Also some helis seem to be way more popular than others. Any experiences or issues from this?

Need to get a bit of practice and I might be up joining the next... :bounce:

Enough time to practice, actually.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The event will take place on the 17th (not the 10th) of November, 1800 zulu (which is one week later).

(This sudden change is due to real life work. Not going to be home on the 10th, which was the original date for the event. I'm sorry for this, folks)

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The event will take place on the 17th (not the 10th) of November, 1800 zulu (which is one week later).

(This sudden change is due to real life work. Not going to be home on the 10th, which was the original date for the event. I'm sorry for this, folks)

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments