Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Bankler

Nice Bankler, well done!

Here's a quick promo video of your script for a little appreciation for making it.

Thanks!

Video will get to 1440p @ 60fps, give it time...

Seems to be a perfect run....must be still something wrong with your script....:P

Don't make it any harder to nail....:cry:

Nice score :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice Bankler, well done!

Here's a quick promo video of your script for a little appreciation for making it.

Thanks!

Video will get to 1440p @ 60fps, give it time...

Seems to be a perfect run....must be still something wrong with your script....:P

Don't make it any harder to nail....:cry:

Very good case 1 recovering David.

Thanks a lot Banker's for this update. Your mod is a great resource at doing case 1 recovery for me. I sure would be testing your 2.2 version soon as I get the chance to fly the Hornet.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

You were too close at the abeam - is that what gave you a 15 instead of a 20?

The HUD was at 1.1 at the abeam from a possible 1.2 (Score called me at 1.07) .....I'm calling it good....:D

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Has anyone managed to merge this with the Alerax LSO script?

This would make this mission perfect IMO - I already love it (Improved from a couple of aborts at 15 points, up to a few 3 and 4 wire traps at circa 150 score over the course of an evening), the only thing missing is an actual LSO grade! I guess you could work it out manually...

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

...the only thing missing is an actual LSO grade! I guess you could work it out manually...

Thanks for the kind words and the feedback.

Regarding grades: While it would certainly be cool to get a Navy-style "OK" or similar grade after a pass, I have chosen to not use actual Navy LSO grades. The reason being that if I did that, I'd feel that we all (including myself) would expect the grades to carefully match how a real-life LSO would grade the pass. My gut feeling is that even if I'd increase the number of sample points, you can only do so much with math and algorithms. Unless you're a real-life LSO (which I'm not) I'm hesitant that you can write an algorithm that consistently grades a pass in DCS like a real-life experienced LSO would, with accuracy.

I might be wrong (I have no idea how accurate that other script is but I'm sure it's really good, maybe it's even spot-on, maybe it's not, and few of us would be able to tell for sure). I may change my mind about it in the future (any Navy people letting my aboard a carrier to study the LSO procedures maybe?, that'd certainly speed things up! :D ). But for now, this is my preference.

The ambition with the mission is to take a DCS hobby pilot from "just starting" (bad score) to "pretty good" (good score, like 190+ every pass). Even if you nail a 200, and even if I made it even harder to do so (by making the accepted offsets smaller, adding groove time and lineup checks and so on), I wouldn't dare to claim that this would be a "really good pass" in the eyes of a real LSO, let alone an "OK". And getting false negatives I guess would be even worse.

That said, the mission is at least accurate enough that an actual Hornet driver says that it's "really good". So I guess it's in the ballpark at least. :thumbup:

Edited by Bankler
  • Like 1

That's fair, Bankler - thanks for the reply! As I said, it's a great tool for pointing out where you're out of parameters at any given point of the pattern, and fairly quickly took me from screwing it up royally to being able to trap with a 150-ish score. I'll definitely keep using it - thanks again!

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Odd! I click to download and its 0 kb?Nothing saves to file except the file name?

EDIT: Firefox would have nothing to do with it? Internet Explorer was ok though?

Edited by Fakum

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

good question,,, I dont know,, will try tonight

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 3 weeks later...

VERSION 3.0.0

Happy New Year Update!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=201117&stc=1&d=1546360064

You can now download version 3.0.0 in the Original Post!

This time it's a larger update, in which I have revised the scoring system. Basically, what I have done is that I sent the documentation of my original system over to Lex (former F/A-18 pilot, check out his nice Discord server Speed & Angels). He made small adjustments to it in terms of how much you can deviate from the ideal altitudes, and what score a certain deviation would give you. Based on this feedback, I changed the old system into a brand new 70 point system.

Generally, it's a little harder to score a perfect 70 points pass now. In the last parts of the pass (from the 90 and through the groove), it's better to be a little high than a little low. So keep that in mind.

CHANGE LOG

* Changed the scoring system into a 70 pts system. The system is quite similar to the old one, but has tweaks in the allowed errors, and what score deductions are given for certain deviations. These new changes are based on feedback from Lex (former F/A-18 pilot and US Navy flight instructor) who has been very helpful.

* Made some tweaks to stand-still-on-deck handling, hopefully resulting in that it should be rare that you don't get score after getting pulled back by the wire.

* The script now allows you to fly a little wider than the 1.2 nm abeam recommendation (up to 1.4 nm) abeam, still giving a perfect score.

Enjoy!

Update_3_0_0.thumb.png.807104fc70985ed9c334c967fc560d86.png

This is fantastic!!! I'm a solo player (atm) but this gives me some very valuable feedback very many thanks!!!!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

VERSION 3.0.0

Happy New Year Update!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=201117&stc=1&d=1546360064

You can now download version 3.0.0 in the Original Post!

This time it's a larger update, in which I have revised the scoring system. Basically, what I have done is that I sent the documentation of my original system over to Lex (former F/A-18 pilot, check out his nice Discord server Speed & Angels). He made small adjustments to it in terms of how much you can deviate from the ideal altitudes, and what score a certain deviation would give you. Based on this feedback, I changed the old system into a brand new 70 point system.

Generally, it's a little harder to score a perfect 70 points pass now. In the last parts of the pass (from the 90 and through the groove), it's better to be a little high than a little low. So keep that in mind.

CHANGE LOG

* Changed the scoring system into a 70 pts system. The system is quite similar to the old one, but has tweaks in the allowed errors, and what score deductions are given for certain deviations. These new changes are based on feedback from Lex (former F/A-18 pilot and US Navy flight instructor) who has been very helpful.

* Made some tweaks to stand-still-on-deck handling, hopefully resulting in that it should be rare that you don't get score after getting pulled back by the wire.

* The script now allows you to fly a little wider than the 1.2 nm abeam recommendation (up to 1.4 nm) abeam, still giving a perfect score.

Enjoy!

Thank a lot for update and support for this useful mission and a happy new year to you.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I did noticed LSO power, correction calls in this version 3.0. I am sure I never heard that in ver. 2.0.

Scores has been updated. Highest I could score is 57 over 70 on a three carrier landings.

Good job Bankler. Cheers

Thank you Bankler, with this mission I do much better case I landings. Best score is only 54/70 but getting there slowly :thumbup:

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Bankler, thanks again for all the work put into the mission!

I see that you've added glideslope when your in the groove, but I'm usually a bit preoccupied in that moment to really check it.

Would it be possible to have that info included in the summary?

Also, I already asked you about time in the groove on Discord, are you still considering adding that info?

Thanks again!

thanks for setting this up im having a great time with it.

since the update i cant get the stennis on the radio, tanker responds but no carrier

using 264.00 any ideas?

264.00 should be correct. Make sure to contact on the correct radio, I think for the left radio you need to hold down AltGr when you press the radio button for it to know which radio you are using.

I did noticed LSO power, correction calls in this version 3.0. I am sure I never heard that in ver. 2.0.

Scores has been updated. Highest I could score is 57 over 70 on a three carrier landings.

Good job Bankler. Cheers

Thanks! Yeah, it's definitely a little harder now. The LSO calls wasn't in 2.0.0 but was added in 2.1.0. It's Lex talking by the way.

Thank you Bankler, with this mission I do much better case I landings. Best score is only 54/70 but getting there slowly :thumbup:

Glad to hear it's working for you! Keep it up and don't be shy to post a video of your passes!

Bankler, thanks again for all the work put into the mission!

I see that you've added glideslope when your in the groove, but I'm usually a bit preoccupied in that moment to really check it.

Would it be possible to have that info included in the summary?

Also, I already asked you about time in the groove on Discord, are you still considering adding that info?

Thanks again!

It would be possible to add the numbers. I'm not sure if it's worth cluttering the summary with it as the "high", "very high" etc are quite granular already, but I'll consider it.

Regarding groove time, it's really a thing I want to add. To be honest I'm not sure where the exact point should be when I start the timer. Like, if it should only be a certain offset in degrees from the final bearing, or if wings-level should have anything to do with it, and so on. If you guys have any input on it, I'm all ears! :thumbup:

Very cool script Bankler, my first couple of tries were decent.

I'm not sure if I missed this somewhere in the thread, but it would be cool if there was a summary of why you were missing points (or how many you missed for what).

I can guess I missed a couple each for fast and low, and a couple for catching a 2 instead of a 3, but what else would be missing from the score?

Thanks for all your work in putting this together!

BanklersCaseI.thumb.png.46c93e7d3dbbb5a7e944de8ab53e0e22.png

Please I like to have some good information for final turn entering the grove.

I am loosing most of my points at this stage of the carrier recovery procedure

1. what descent rate I should aim at on the first 90 to BRC and minimum altitude on the leg

2. Descent rate and minimum altitude on the final 90 to BRC or in the grove. 280 or 390.

3. Turn rate to the BRC, I use 30 degrees turn rate and I find myself oftentimes misaligned starting my turn at 1.3m at paddles contact.