DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• ED Team

Please do not derail this thread,

I have been working on hornet fixes and we will see some work around the hornet in the next patch, but as mentioned in the news letter there will be a big push on the hornet after this next patch.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm of the opinion that the chances of seeing any output of the 'hard push on the Hornet systems' we've been told of this side of the Xmas break is now tending to zero as there will no doubt be pressure to push these changes on the Viper to Stable before ED reorients back to the Hornet, and the time it has taken just to get to here on the Viper Radar is considerable, so expecting to get improvements to things (like TWS, AACQ, INS, Countermeasures, TGP improvements etc) on the Hornet in a span of 2 to 3 weeks would be false hope.

Very disappointed/angry with ED at the moment at the continuing treatment of the Hornet/owners so would appreciate an update on the knock on consequences.

I totally agree with you, the Hornet will be the hanger Queen until next year., not real happy about that.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

• ED Team
Bignewy, thanks for keeping us updated, and another big thanks to the guys hammering out all this magic. You're all doing a fantastic job.

No problem, and thanks for the support.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sorry guys, but I don't think the VoIP update makes much difference. SRS has been working fantastically for a long time, and those that want to communicate do via SRS. I'm not saying it's not a good addition, but in light of all the current bugs, it isn't that groundbreaking of news (at least not to me).

Now if they'd add usability in the jet with in better mission planning tools and a data cartridge, they may have something. That looks to be a long ways off though.

I just hope what they are about to roll out doesn't again break something that already works - either SRS or other jet functions.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Please do not derail this thread,

I have been working on hornet fixes and we will see some work around the hornet in the next patch, but as mentioned in the news letter there will be a big push on the hornet after this next patch.

thanks

Thank you. I wish I had your patience in dealing with the impatient. You have a tough job.

Buzz

Hire more people DCS :)

Can I at least get something to balance my tgp on the F-16 please ....driving me nuts ...anything will do ...a bag of rocks zip tied to the other station ...I don't care ..something( wink wink and with a smile) ;)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I do not understand Why ED cannot release a patch with Third parties updates this week in the same way they did for the French Air force last week.
It's only a week ;) I would rather wait and still be able to use my game than have an update that will break my install and stop me enjoying this awesome game.

To me the improvements ED are making to this game will be worth the wait from what i read in Bignewy's post ;)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

It's only a week ;) I would rather wait and still be able to use my game than have an update that will break my install and stop me enjoying this awesome game.

To me the improvements ED are making to this game will be worth the wait from what i read in Bignewy's post ;)

+1

Can we please let them be the judge of what's appropriate/safe to release.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

What a beautiful False dicotomy my Friend.

By the Way, Well done with the Mirage, It´s an outstanding work now! :thumbup:

Yeap ED improvements will be great and it should be released when the features are finished, as usual.

But if other third parties have finished some features, corrected some bugs, why wait for ED? Release a patch without F-16 and Hornet changes should not break the simulator.

:megalol:

What a beautiful False dicotomy my Friend.

By the Way, Well done with the Mirage, It´s an outstanding work now!

Yeap ED improvements will be great and it should be released when the features are finished, as usual.

But if other third parties have finished some features, corrected some bugs, why wait for ED? Release a patch without F-16 and Hornet changes should not break the simulator.

We test using the 'to be released version' not the 'already out version'

All our dll's and manifest files are created for the to be released version,if we release without the new build from DCS.

Your modules wouldn't work ;)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

We test using the 'to be released version' not the 'already out version'

All our dll's and manifest files are created for the to be released version,if we release without the new build from DCS.

Your modules wouldn't work ;)

My mistake, I suppose that you know how it works, so you will understand properly.

I mean, Third parties sending their changes to ED, and ED cooking a new build and testing internally as usual..In a few words, do everything as usual to release a new build into open beta but without Falcon and Hornet changes.

I hope that is more clear now. :thumbup:

:megalol:

• ED Team

Morning all,

Please keep this thread for Discussion of the patch notes thank you.

We have huge plans for further development of the feature including automatically created rooms for multi-crew, radio support with real radio visibility depending on the power of actual radio units and terrain, etc.

Oooooh I'll be darn!

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

It seems like the built-in VOIP will have more features than SRS like e.g. simulating the radio transimission power, which will come later.

SRS already does that but it's usually turned off because it's just annoying.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

And I doubt that that the In-House VOIP will support external users for Human GCI/AWACS/ATC operations.

They'll probably implement this as an expansion of the actual combined arms module

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

When will the new VIOP come in?

Is it coming in with the 27th November open beta?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• ED Team
When will the new VIOP come in?

Is it coming in with the 27th November open beta?

Yes that is our plan.

Yes that is our plan.
Thank you for the information.

Looks like a super exciting 27th November open beta update.

Cheers

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Finger on F5 key is ready!

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p