I-16

Plexus

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news.

I disagree with your choice if the I-16 will be a Orphan aircraft.

Orphan aircrafts haven't sense in DCS world because these projects are less profitable tham other projects with a proper environment (playable enemies). We can see DCS is focused in a narrow period of the second World War.

Flying in a I-16 versus BF-109k4, FW-190D9, Spitfire, P-51D, P-47D...is a suicide.

in case you havent noticed there are other 3rd parties already developing other early ww2 aircraft. really, for dcs, any new aircraft is good news!

btw, awesome news...i havent noticed that thread until now...may i ask which company is doing all that?

Seriously, if you guys pull this off to full DCS standard, you can have all my money and my first born.....

Well I might keep enough for the bus fare home, but you get my drift ;)

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

in case you havent noticed there are other 3rd parties already developing other early ww2 aircraft. really, for dcs, any new aircraft is good news!

btw, awesome news...i havent noticed that thread until now...may i ask which company is doing all that?

Everything seems to going faster around here doesn't it?:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I agree. People are jumping on the band wagon, now that others have paved the way a bit. That's good.

Actually now that I think about it: I guess that aircraft is a great choice for the first module to create. It doesn't have complex systems, it is fairly simple to model, and its flight model shouldn't be too complex either, a rather slow prop plane which is still flown by people today, much info available.

Actually if ED ever manages to implement thermic effects below cumulus clouds (even if it is only like in FSX, so not very complex) I would have a blast to fly a glider in DCS. But I guess most people would disagree, and that's ok.

btw, that's one of the things that feels really good in BMS and I miss it in DCS. When you fly your jet under a cumulus and it starts shaking a little bit. That's so awesome. Even though I don't know if a real jet pilot really feels it that much. But it is a +++ for immersion. And slower planes will definitely notice it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...