Why cant i start the Mig 15?

Luftwoller

Hi all, just a quicky. Ive watched the various vids on how to start the Mig 15 and I still cant manage it.

I saw one that said I should only turn the Accu switch on on the R/H/S but still nothing.

I get to the start button, I hear the thing start to spool up, wind the engine stop lever right open and it runs for a second or 2 and then stops and wont even attempt to restart. I have to quit out and try again,

Thx in advance,

...Guy

Helicopters!! Never trust anything that screws itself into the air!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, just a quicky. Ive watched the various vids on how to start the Mig 15 and I still cant manage it.

I saw one that said I should only turn the Accu switch on on the R/H/S but still nothing.

I get to the start button, I hear the thing start to spool up, wind the engine stop lever right open and it runs for a second or 2 and then stops and wont even attempt to restart. I have to quit out and try again,

Thx in advance,

...Guy

The throttle needs to be all the way back towards the tail, then push the start button. I have to move my Pro Throttle controller physically all the way back and hold it in that position to get a successful start.

I listen to the engine spool up to its peaking sound in each phase: 1st phase after pushing the throttle handle start button is, hit HOME key. Again wait for the engine sound to peak, then Right Shift + Home, and hold it for a count of 5 seconds. There is a lever (Fuel Shutoff Valve) on the left side of the seat that needs to go down all the way to the bottom of its range to be fully open. I usually move my head over and look down to see if that lever goes fully down.

Also, sometimes, the engine will not start because this same lever is not all the way up at the top of its range for the initial push button start.

I found this out by trial and error over many start-up attempts.

Sometimes the "Auto Start" , I call it the (cheat-start) on some of the Multiplayer servers (Left Windows key + Home key) will hang, then the engine will not start and it needs to be done manually, usually because that same lever is not to its full up position; why that is, I do not know.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]