Eagle Dynamics at Flight Sim Expo 2019 - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-11-2019, 03:06 AM   #91
streakeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Buckeye= View Post
You can order it on Amazon now, releases 7/25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pre-ordered! Also pulled the trigger on the TPR pedals. It has been and expensive spring: Rift S, a GTX 1080 for my son so he could use my old Rift, a whole bunch of new 4K TVs including two 49-inch models for PC monitors for my son and me, a 43-inch for my wife, and a 65-inch for the family room. The stick plus pedals cost more than the 65-inch TV.

Can't wait to try the grip and pedals. Now I need to set up a 2nd seat/pit so that the MCG Pro is available on one pit and the Warthog is available on the other.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:24 AM   #92
streakeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
Good stuff on the A2A Facebook page about DCS
https://www.facebook.com/A2ASimulati...57301665115365
If this comes to pass, I will be very happy. A2A has been putting out DCS World quality or better products for ages now. If they could successfully adapt their work to the DCS engine, I would be very happy to buy everything they release from transports to fighters to bombers to trainers to Cessnas and Pipers.

Because much of their work is code external to FSX/P3d, I am pretty sure they have the skills to adapt it to support the external flight model system DCS third parties have to use to create an equivalent to the professional flight model. The problem is it cost-effective/profitable for A2A to develop for DCS World? Razbam appears to have been somewhat successful in migrating, despite all the remaining bugs/limitations, I love their Mirage 2000, AV-8, and MiG-19 and I am looking forward to their MiG-23. If A2A could readily port their models, textures, and systems into DCS World, this could provide an amazing future for the growth/success of DCS World, especially in the areas of WW2 fighters, bombers, and trainers.

But as happy as I am at hearing this news, my expectations are far more realistic: A2A has had incredible success with the FSX/P3d engine, why should they spend a lot of time and money adapting to DCS World when it is a much smaller market with very high standards and a much lower return on profits? Its cool that they are talking, but I don't ever expect to see an A2A product released for DCS World.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:29 AM   #93
Eihort

Sure. Won't come to the one in Vegas but you'll go be Florida Man...

Have fun!
Eihort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:31 AM   #94
streakeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71st_AH Rob View Post
hmm, the T-6 as multi crew would make a great first module from A2A...
I would buy it in a heartbeat. While I much prefer combat aircraft to trainers, I own and have flown all of the currently available DCS World trainers including the Hawk. I would like to see the T-38A and/or T-38C in DCS World. I would also buy the T-37 (and better yet A-37) if it were to be released. The T-6 is a must have. I have T-6s, P-51Ds, and L-39s flying over my head daily at work. The local airport has a company that gets paid to give rides and allow pilots to get rated on those aircraft.

But if I could choose the first A2A product to be introduced, it would be their P-40B/C. It is a personal favorite, particularly in its AVG colors and configuration.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:33 AM   #95
streakeagle

Orbx working with ED/DCS World, too?

DCS needs to implement the globe model ASAP so that it can rise to the level of or exceed FSX/P3d in all areas!
Old 06-11-2019, 09:43 AM   #96
pmsmc

Send a message via MSN to pmsmc
Talking New Modules

Guys,
Was there any follow up to Matt's saying something about some "new modules coming later this year"
pmsmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:47 PM   #97
ebabil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsmc View Post
Guys,
Was there any follow up to Matt's saying something about some "new modules coming later this year"
i wonder this too. what did he show during the expo?
Ultimate Argument | Oilfield | Argo | Border

Youtube
ebabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:11 PM   #98
Revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsmc View Post
Guys,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebabil View Post
i wonder this too. what did he show during the expo?
There was nothing "extra" on display. My guess is that Thrustmaster wanted to focus on their Hornet stick. I am not sure how much input ED had in the matter.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:12 PM   #99
Emmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
There was nothing "extra" on display. My guess is that Thrustmaster wanted to focus on their Hornet stick. I am not sure how much input ED had in the matter.
Probably none given that ED wasn’t listed as either a sponsor nor an exhibitor.

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php
High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.
www.crosswindimages.com
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:15 PM   #100
Revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmy View Post
Probably none given that ED wasn’t listed as either a sponsor nor an exhibitor.
Technically ED and Thrustmaster teamed up just like last year but, yes, it was the Thrustmaster booth.