[MISSING TRACK FILE] JDAM "IN RNG'' falling short.

Jeepyb

Are you using precise coordinates from the ME or F10 map? Is the HSI set to precision After startup? If these are your missions make sure that the units speed is set to 0. Sometimes they move a few feet before holding it not.

My GBU38s fall short if I dont wait at least a couple of miles after entereing the ''IN RNG'' bubble (20 000, M 0.75). Is something wrong with the range calculation ? Is it me not taking other factors in consideration (wind?).

I can confirm this. At ~20000 ft, you need to be flying at aprox 420 kts IAS for the JDAM to have enough energy to reach its target. If you fly slow (~300) the bomb will miss.

When testing this in PG, the target wp elevation was roughly 4500 ft (so the bomb had around 15500 ft to fall).

You'd expect the circles' size and the IN RNG cue to account for speed, which it does to a certain extent, but not enough. I assume this is a bug. The workaround is to turn on the afterburner 30-ish seconds before the drop to make sure you're fast enough.

Are you using precise coordinates from the ME or F10 map ?

Tried with both, same result

Is the HSI set to precision After startup?

Yes. Also used pre planned mode (JDAM display MSN) Same result.

If these are your missions make sure that the units speed is set to 0. Sometimes they move a few feet before holding it not.

Target was a building.

I wouldnt be hitting at all if any of these points were the issue... Again I hit dead on if I release closer to the target.

In his youtube tutorial, Redkite mentions that ''The JDAM max range is a theoretical maximum range so depending on atmospheric conditions (ie wind) you might still miss''.

A couple other youtubers also seem to mention that you need to release closer to the target than the HSI max range bubble suggest.

I am just trying to figure out if this is true to real life or a bug.

Seems like setting terminal parameters (speed, angle, heading) is not implemented yet. The bomb seem to try to hit at a 90deg angle no matter what you input. Could it be messing up max range calculations ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Callsign: BUNZ

https://www.5vwing.com/