[ALREADY REPORTED]Moon missing after sundown

viper2097

When you are flying in the transition of day to night, the moon is missing.

This results to a pitch dark knight, even when a full moon should be on top of the sky.

One, or two hours after sundown, the moon appears out of nowhere and it looks like it should.

This especially hurts, because flying in a blue hour is not possbile, and also to design mission where you come home in the sundown are also a pain...

Please fix that, thx.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

• ED Team

Hi

What is the date in the mission?

Moon phases should follow real life in DCS

please attach an example mission or track

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

What is the date in the mission?

Moon phases should follow real life in DCS

please attach an example mission or track

thanks

I have a moon rise and moon set calendar to tell me, for any given day of the year, anywhere in the world, when the moon will rise and set, what phase it is in as well. I share Viper's frustration and have posted in here about it in the past. ED is absolutely brilliant at simulating the sun rise and sun set but for some reason, can't seem to do the same for the moon. Pick any date where there should be a full moon around late afternoon and you will see the moon in the low horizon before the sun sets but as soon as the sun is well below the horizon, it gets pitch black for about an hour and then it's like someone flipped a switch and there the moon is, bright as can be! The same thing happens when the moon is supposed to set in the early morning. It will be visible and bright up to about an hour before the sun is scheduled to rise, then the light switch is flipped and it gets dark as can be until that beautiful sunrise!

I'm pretty sure they can do better! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is a known bug with night lighting where the moon and any light it reflects back is missing within about an hour of sunrise and sunset.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Can confirm. In the dusk and dawn periods the moon disappears but is back around a good hour or so after that period and gradually the moon climbs and gives light. In the part in between it's very dark and bandy on the horizon.

There is a known bug with night lighting where the moon and any light it reflects back is missing within about an hour of sunrise and sunset.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Oh good I had noticed this recently as well and wondered what was going on. Is there an ETA for a fix?

• ED Team

Thanks Grimes

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yeah, I use https://www.mondverlauf.de and it is pretty accurate to DCS.

But as many other here confirmed, the moon phase itself is not the problem, the problem is the missing light / moon in a specific amount of time after the sundown.

I'll try to add two missions to show the problem.

EDIT: Oh I see that it is marked as "Already reproted".

Sounds good, so is there any time-frame we could receive when it should get fixed?

I know, not a real game breaker, but when oyu enjoy doing missions in that wonderfull times of the day, it is quite annoying...

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • ED Team
Any news about a fix?

Or any info if it is even on the list for fixing in near future?

As flying in sunset really looks amazing, it is disturbing so much that you always end in a pitch dark night where you can't see your hands.

Any news on that topic?

No sorry

when there is it will be in a change log.

thanks