Focus in new future projects or finishing the ones already started?

Kongamato

Focus in new future projects or finishing the ones already started?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Focus in new future projects or finishing the ones already started?

• I prefer that ED starts the project a new cool plane as soon as possible.
    • I prefer that ED focus on finishing the Hornet and Viper and improving older modules and DCSWorld.

My question is: in a few months ED will release the Viper as "Early Access". As a customer, would you prefer then that ED starts then the project of another cool airplane to sell it in "Pre Purchase" as usual, or would you prefer ED puts on hold for a while any project of new airplanes and focus on finishing the Hornet and the Viper, improving older modules and DCS-World (AI, ATC, graphics, wheater, etc.), fixing bugs, etc.?

This is not a debate about ED's finances, market strategies, human resources management, model of business, etc. My previous thread degenerated in that kind of debate and was closed by the community manager. Actually it is an empty debate since none of us know nothing about the human resources and the accounting and finances of ED. Comments as "ED can/can´t afford financially to put in hold new planes" or "ED should hire/fire/recolocate personal" "ED should become a suscription service", etc. are absurd here.

This poll is just to express your preferences as customer and provide feedback to ED. That way, ED will know if the community valorate more new projects of airplanes or finishing and polishing the projects already started and DCSW, and so they can use the information the way they believe is the best for the customers and the company.

Edited by Kongamato

I'm not sure what the purpose of the question is, why do you want to know what other people think? Are you researching for someone, will anyone act on the information?

The ED forums are a specific tip of the iceberg, usually invested people that come back for more. Any poll here would have some arguments for being subject to slanting.

As an example, I'd like a complete year out with nothing but core DCS game developments, fixes and refactoring. No sales, no new things.

Guess how attractive that is to ED?

So, makes no difference what people say/want, ED won't be downing tools. It can't be far off that ED will apportion a fraction of revenue of new sales for keeping the core engine going, but I can tell you from experience and knowledge, the vast part of these are fairly quick to implement, don't cover under the hood items, don't revisit old ground like, game limitations, and if they do cover something it's revamped in a big way like damage modelling which goes along slowly at the side, Dedicated server, Visuals (especially, ED love the superficial easily marketed stuff).

Forum members do not make good Project Managers. They think it's their money, but it's not. Best to leave these types of posts, they don't achieve anything except wishful thinking and disappointment.

Edited by Pikey
poll appeared

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I have no issues with early access and happily accept that this is a VERY complex game.

My personal wish is that ED ensure that there is at least one person continuing to work on an EA module until completed. Right now, it doesn’t feel like that. Eg the Yak, which appears to have been “de-prioritised”.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Knowing nothing about coding or development I have to assume that the more stuff they add to the game the more upkeep there is... we have seen updates break different modules in different interesting ways.

I'd really like to see ED focus on bug fixing what we have already and adding important core features (some of which have been in development for many years) before moving on to any new modules. But... core features don't bring in money directly, even though them being added would make the DCS world product itself more attractive thus bringing in more customers.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Maybe the post Is pointless, nevertheless I agree with you: if you prefer ED to focus on core game and fixing / debugging / renewing already published modules, Just like me, then do not buy in early access or pre-release. This Is the best way to have your voice heard.

Again: this is not a debate about the ED's finances, ED's personal management, what is going to do ED with the feedback, if other customers should or should not buy products in pre-purchase, etc. It´s explained in the first post: Would you prefer ED focus in a new plane after the Viper is released, or would you prefer ED focus on finishing and polishing previous products? That´s all. If some of you want to open a debate about other subjets, it´s OK, you can open a new thread and poll.

Edited by Kongamato

Please, community manager, close this thread and leave only the poll, since it´s obvious this is going to degenerate again in discussions that aren´t related with the original post. Again: this is not a debate about the ED's finances, ED's personal management, what is going to do ED with the feedback, if other customers should or should not buy products in pre-purchase, etc. It´s explained in the first post: Would you prefer ED focus in a new plane after the Viper is released, or would you prefer ED focus on finishing and polishing previous products? That´s all. If some of you want to open a debate about other subjets, it´s OK, you can open a new thread and poll.

Please delete the thread WITH the poll . It is ludicrous for us to vote on changes to ED's business model without being stockholders .

Think I'll start a poll regarding ending the poll function :)

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Please delete the thread WITH the poll . It is ludicrous for us to vote on changes to ED's business model without being stockholders .

Think I'll start a poll regarding ending the poll function :)

It´s easy: if you don´t like the poll, don't vote. If you think that, as customer, your opinion is not relevant for ED, don´t opine. But don´t tell the rest of us if we can or can´t start a poll or opine.

Edited by Kongamato

And if you don't like beta , don't buy it , instead of presuming to tell ED how to run their business .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

You shouldn't have started this thread in the first place.

It´s easy: if you don´t like the poll, don't vote. If you think that, as customer, your opinion is not relevant for ED, don´t opine. But don´t tell the rest of us if we can or can´t start a poll or opine.

And if you don't like beta , don't buy it , instead of presuming to tell ED how to run their business .

Again: this is not a debate about the ED's finances, ED's personal management, what is going to do ED with the feedback, if other customers should or should not buy products in pre-purchase, etc. It´s explained in the first post: Would you prefer ED focus in a new plane after the Viper is released, or would you prefer ED focus on finishing and polishing previous products? That´s all. If some of you want to open a debate about other subjets, it´s OK, you can open a new thread and poll.

Failing to recognise that this poll directly addresses ED's core business model is breath-takingly clueless .

It's easy: Don't like the way ED runs their business (not yours)? Don't fly in DCS.

Failing to realize that this is a poll and not a petition is breath-takingly[sic] clueless.

Feel free to exercise futility then . Sic was intended-for emphasis . As was that one .

The other problem is that products that are technically released are still not finished.

Products are still full of bugs and missing advertised features (F5 RWR, Huey multicrew) years and years after they are considered released.

Finishing and polishing current open beta and so called released products should def be prioritized over new stuff.

The worst example of this is Combined Arms. They are still selling this thing for 40USD when it is in a very poor state, full of bugs, outdated UI, no VR support.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Callsign: BUNZ

https://www.5vwing.com/

I think ED and the 3rd parties are doing amazing work, all of them. DCS gives you a chance to experience things you'd normally nevr be able to.

That said, and I want to EMPHASISE this next part:

Recognising a need to maintain steady income for all parties, TO THE EXTENT ECONOMICALLY FEASIBLE, I, too, would prefer a greater emphasis on maintenance and updates.

I own every module up to this last batch that cropped up (causing me to fall behind) but I can never realistically experience them all. I'm just contributing to the great project. The aircraft I fly the most, ironically, are the Yak-52 and the two Frogfoots. The Yak engine sim is currently borked on startup, and the Frogfoots the most dated aircraft ingame, the T needs an overhaul (also their flagship introductory aircraft for most people).

It's an unenviable position juggling all this stuff, and nobody but ED and their collaborators know what is happening behind the scenes, but I would like more attention paid to the old stuff, even if it's in the form of paid updates ala BS3.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Failing to recognise that this poll directly addresses ED's core business model is breath-takingly clueless .

Edited by Kongamato

Yes, useless debate.

But the poll is interesting though : community tends to wish the opposite of what ED does. And it's confirmed in my own little community... Off course there are not many votes right now, but still.

Statistically, a few dozen people is a significant sample pool, and a few hundred is enough for major decision making. Most 'political approval polls' only same a few hundred/thousand people nationally, yet drive policy. In a small community like this, that number up there is definitely significant.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2