MIG 19 VR performance

DST

Just bought this bird for 24 bucks sale, and now I´m already regretting it, the performance of this module in VR is quite bad, some nasty stutters and ghosting effects when flying low level.

Every other module I own runs very smoothly at the moment, including the MiG21. (1080ti with i7 8700 & 32 GB RAM + Rift CV1)

Any other people here having issues like that? Does it make sense to wait for any fixes? I know about the problems with RAZBAM on this matter, maybe I should have been warned...

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have no radar activated, just flew the module for the first time, warm start from start position.

Just would like to add that the stutters ONLY occur at the caucasus map, on PG and Nevada Maps everything runs smoothly as expected. Very strange...

Don't have this issue at all. In fact, I do have almost same pc than yours (8350k at 5Ghz, 1080ti,16gb ram, Rift S,win10 1909 and open beta branch) and never had any issue. As of performance in VR, no complains regarding Razbam so far. I do have also the Harrier and the M2000 and they perform very well.

Let me know what conditions you've tried, if it was a instant mission or something.

No instant mission. Just placed the plane on a runway, single player, me alone without wingmen or enemies. No radar activated.

Las Vegas, Dubai - no problem, smooth performance there as I was used to from every other plane. Pashkovsky on Caucasus map - nasty stutters all the time when flying more than 400/500 kph or so. Weird.

I'll try right now...

Edit: Did not have any fps drop. Neither VR nor regular monitor. Check out your vr specs, try VR profile on the graphics settings to see if it helps. Also try deleting "C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\fxo" and "\...metashaders2" content to see if it helps

Edited by ECTAE

Sorry, if I ask, I´m not quite firm with these issues - what are these folders "fxo" and "metashaders2" for? Do I have to delete the whole directories "fxo" and "metashaders2" or just all the files in it?

Sorry, if I ask, I´m not quite firm with these issues - what are these folders "fxo" and "metashaders2" for? Do I have to delete the whole directories "fxo" and "metashaders2" or just all the files in it?

should be standard practice, after every DCS update. clear out these dir's. Actually, I just rename them, and let the new ones rebuild after launching DCS.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Ok thank you I deleted the both folders, but to no avail - still stutters on the caucasus map with constant 45 fps. On the Nevada map also constant 45 fps but there are no stutters - I don´t get it.

This is just ridiculous. Think I will refund the module, this is just not acceptable for me.

I bought it yesterday, no performance issue on my side either, I have the same fps as other modules.

That's potentially something related to your specific system... perhaps try uninstall the module, remove sharers folder, re install the module...

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Ok, sorry for the stupid question, but is it even possible to uninstall a module via steam? I know how to uninstall a whole game, but this is technically a DLC, I wonder how to do this on steam?

Ok, I unchecked the box on the modules list on steam, then checked again and the module downloaded again. Guess I have uninstalled, and installed again this way?

Anyway the issue still resists. This is so stupid. ONLY this plane and ONLY on the caucasus map. Really don´t see what could cause this. Will now definitely refund. Sorry, RAZBAM...

• 3 months later...

Just tried the MIG19 in the free trial.

And I got the same Issues in VR on caucasus map.

Realy strange...

I play with Rift S, vis. range on low, MSSA enababled, PD via oculus debug tool on 1.6.

i5 - 8600K ~ 4ghz GeForce RTX 2080 32Gb DDR4 Windows 10 Oculus Rift S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not using VR but I've been having consistently lower fps in multiplayer in comparison to the other MiGs. On the ramp cold start no radar on, I'll get ~30 in the MiG-19, ~40 fps in the 21, and 50+ in the MiG-15.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52