Input Fix + TM Warthog Profiles for Mirage 2000

sedenion

Well, as i have created my own Input fix for Mirage 2000 module, i also made some TM Warthog Profiles. As usual, some will like, other will dislike.

The Profile is inspired from the real Mirage 2000 HOTAS, but with some invented parts, for a better ergonomy. The profile embeds advanced programing functions (see below for details).

IMPORTANT:

The TM Warthog profile works only with the given default Input fix. So you must install the input fix in order.

Input Fix: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2647298&postcount=21

Profil Variants:

As i know that some people have Track-IR, other don't, some have rudder pedals, other don't, some have both, and some have no Track-IR nor rudder pedals (this is my case): I made four variants of the same profile:

- Standard (std): Profile with full Views / Helpers supports.

- Rudder (rddr): Profile without "wheel brake" mapping.

- Track-IR (tir): Profile without views and helpers

- L33t (l33t): Profile for power users, without views, helpers and "wheel brake", more close to a real HOTAS configuration.

Direct Customization:

In all variants, the unused buttons, HAT and switch can be "mapped" directly as standard DX Joystick buttons within DCS with two position "Master Arm (EAC button) On" and "Master Arm (EAC button) Off".

Advanced Customization:

The profil (and advanced functions) is made to easily be customizable by advanced users, or those who want to learn how to program TARGET script (its not that hard): All you need are in the readme, and in comments within the script files.

Graphical charts:

You will find printable (high res) and preview (low res) graphical chart for all variants. (see bellow for previews)

Advanced functions:

- PCA Stores Management (Browse & Override)

Browse) This function is mapped to the HAT2 Left / Right by default. It is currently (it can be customized) used to browse the PCA Stores buttons Next / Prev with k1/k2 button toggle.

Override) This function is mapped to the Boat Switch. It is used to simulate the suspected real behavior of the Weapon Selector Rocker of the Mirage 2000 HOTAS (MAGIC/ PCA/ AA Guns). It memorizes the PCA Store selected and restores it when returns to center position.

- PCA Modes Management

This function is mapped to the HAT2 Up / Down by default. It is currently used to select PCA Mode with separate behaviors between Master Arm ON/OFF, and to toggle PCA Options modes (typically: LEN/RAP, EXT/INT...)

- AP Management

This funtion is mapped to the AUTOPILOT button & selector group. It is used to give an realistic behavior of the autopilot module.

- S4 Submode

This function is mapped to the S4 buttons in conjunction with FLAPS (which is used as Landing Gears up/down). It is used to allow a double mapping on the S4 buttons, when Landing Gears Up, and when landing Gears Down (this function has no effect in several profile variants)

- China Hat

This function is mapped on the China Hat. It is used to generate an auto-repeat of the keystroke when Back or Front position is held. Used for Chaff and Flare.

Graphical Chart Preview:

Standard

attachment.php?attachmentid=133114&stc=1&d=1453121604

Rudder:

attachment.php?attachmentid=133115&stc=1&d=1453121671

Track-IR:

attachment.php?attachmentid=133116&stc=1&d=1453121703

L33t:

attachment.php?attachmentid=133117&stc=1&d=1453121730

Enjoy (or not):

Input Fix: http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=133106&stc=1&d=1453109080

Warthog Profiles: http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=133556&stc=1&d=1453670361

chart_std_preview.png.15e24bb4aea05ed00433dd64c5ca942c.png

chart_rddr_preview.png.7819c9c711625151bc8e46f56575367b.png

chart_tir_preview.png.072081af44787ba59c14002e8a8c1e69.png

chart_l33t_preview.png.1b90cb3f2284bd674bcb872a8d69959a.png

TM_Warthog_DCS_M2K_sed11.rar

Edited by sedenion

• 5 months later...
I bought TM T-RUDDER(TFRP RUDDER) but It's incompatible for your profile. How can I use rudder with profile.

Ho ho... wait... this profile is OVER OUT DATED :) I have a better solution now... never tested script profile with rudder... just wait some time, i check how to include that in my last profile, and i give you the precious.

Well... theorically, there is no probleme using TFRP with any TARGET script profil, except that, you have to download the last TARGET version, since the first version does not support TFRP...

BUT... i do not support any more the profile you downloaded. I have abandonned this kind of full based on "key binding" profile, for two reasons:

- The Mirage 2000 Module default key binding are almost nonexistent and need to be created every time.

- This kind of profile force you to change the profile every time you use an other module.

So i have created a more "generic" profile allowing setting buttons directly under DCS, but with some advantages of the TARGET scripting.

You will find that bellow.

Note: If you use TFRP you probably don't need to have the "Wheels brakes" binded to the SCY axis... To disable this binding, go to the "main.tmc" file at line 109, and change the line:

define USE_SCY_KEYAXIS TRUE

to

define USE_SCY_KEYAXIS FALSE

AND, to have this profile to work properly with the Mirage 2000 Module, you have to change all the "TRIM" key binding in DCS for the Mirage 2000 to the ones used for other modules, since the Mirage 2000 Module use a non-standard key binding for TRIM ( and this is not my fault :D )

attachment.php?attachmentid=144277&stc=1&d=1468612971

TM Warthog DCS Hybrid.rar

chart_preview.thumb.jpg.ef1ca58fcc958657f7bbee98cd55665c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing, I used the first profile for quite a long time, as a beginner with the warthog HOTAS it helped me a lot . I changed to the new profile after the last update, so far so good.

Just a question by the way, do I have to save something to prevent the lost of the command config for the next updates ?

Thank you for sharing, I used the first profile for quite a long time, as a beginner with the warthog HOTAS it helped me a lot . I changed to the new profile after the last update, so far so good.

Just a question by the way, do I have to save something to prevent the lost of the command config for the next updates ?

With the DX button based profile, almost all configuration is done in DCS command so you have nothing to save, but if the command list change, you have to change some bind...

• 3 years later...

Requested by speedbird5 in PM, I let here my latest "universal" Warthog profile:

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=228495&stc=1&d=1582458271

This profile is NOT specially designed for the Mirage 2000 Module, but will at least be usable with its latest version. Since this is more a "private" version than an official release, there is no "readme" and all the documentation for customization and basic usage is within the source code files.

TM Combined DX Universal.zip

Edited by sedenion