Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

same here - TacView - Special page is blank for me in 2.2

AH-64D | AV-8B | A-10C II | A-4E | F-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | M-2000C | UH-1H | Mig-21bis | L-39 | F-86F | P-47D | P-51D | BF 109 | Spitfire | BS3 | FC3 | SC | CA

Intel® Core™ i7-13700K | NVIDIA RTX 4090 | 64 GB DDR5 RAM | Aorus Elite Z790 | 50“ UHD LG Monitor | Windows 11 Pro

VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base | VPC Apache-64 Collective Grip | VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip | VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base | TM F-16/A-10 Stick  | TM F/A-18 Stick

TM HOTAS Warthog (DSE Slew Upgrade) | TM Hotas Cougar (FSSB) | TM Pendular Rudder | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5

same here with DAWS mod. No special menù.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

In DCS Tacview replays, in all previous versions including the current one, telemetry produces invalid TAS values during the first second of a bomb's lifetime (see attached screenshot).

Aside from the "jump" in the TAS value at second 1, a comparison of the actual game in slow-motion and the Tacview replay shows that a bomb dropped in the game comes into existence at precisely the same TAS as the launching aircraft, while in Tacview, the initially displayed TAS of the bomb is significantly lower than the aircraft's TAS.

Both problems may be related.

Vyrtuoz, is there anything you can do about it or is this an issue with DCS?

jump.thumb.png.6ced6f5f1681732a9ce291180043a71a.png

Very interesting. This is the first time I notice that. Can you share me the corresponding acmi file?

In DCS Tacview replays, in all previous versions including the current one, telemetry produces invalid TAS values during the first second of a bomb's lifetime (see attached screenshot).

Aside from the "jump" in the TAS value at second 1, a comparison of the actual game in slow-motion and the Tacview replay shows that a bomb dropped in the game comes into existence at precisely the same TAS as the launching aircraft, while in Tacview, the initially displayed TAS of the bomb is significantly lower than the aircraft's TAS.

Both problems may be related.

Vyrtuoz, is there anything you can do about it or is this an issue with DCS?

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Fix for DCS World 2.2.0 and 1.5.8

*THE FOLLOWING IS NOW OBSOLETE*

Please, simply update your Tacview installation to 1.7.0+

Fix for DCS World 1.5.8 and 2.2.0

DCS World 1.5.8 and 2.2.0 have changed the way some LUA addons are working. This is why telemetry export does not work well with these versions. Here is how to fix the issue while waiting for Tacview 1.7.0:

• Go in the \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\ folder which correspond to your edition of DCS World
  • Create a subfolder \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\Hooks\
  • Move \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\TacviewGameGUI.lua in \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\Hooks\

This fix has been integrated in Tacview 1.7.0

About Tacview options menu in DCS

ED team is investigating the issue of Tacview special menu which is not displayed in DCS World.

Meanwhile, you can manually open the file \Saved Games\DCS.*\Config\options.lua and edit the Tacview section which should look like the following. If you do not see this section, you may have to copy paste it manually into the options.lua file.

["Tacview"] = {
		["bookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
		["dataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
		["debugModeEnabled"] = true,
		["playbackDelay"] = 0,
		["profilingPeriod"] = 60,
		["recordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = true,
		["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
		["tacviewCompressionLevel"] = 1,
		["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
		["tacviewDebugModeEnabled"] = false,
		["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 600,
		["tacviewProfilingPeriod"] = 600,
		["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
		["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = false,
		["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
	},

Edited by Vyrtuoz
  • Like 1

DCS World 1.5.8 and 2.2.0 have changed the way some LUA addons are working. This is why telemetry export does not work well with these versions. Here is how to fix the issue while waiting for Tacview 1.7.0:

• Go in the \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\ folder which correspond to your edition of DCS World
  • Move \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\TacviewGameGUI.lua in \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\Hooks\

This fix will be integrated in Tacview 1.7.0

ED team is investigating the issue of Tacview special menu which is not displayed in DCS World.

Meanwhile, you can manually open the file \Saved Games\DCS.*\Config\options.lua and edit the Tacview section which should look like the following. If you do not see this section, you may have to copy paste it manually into the options.lua file.

["Tacview"] = {
		["playbackDelay"] = 0,
	},

Thank you very much. But I have to tell you that your instructions to solve momentarily the DCS menu, in my case, doesn't work. No problems anyway, the important think is to record the acmi files. Thanks again Vyrtuoz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Not quite sure what part I fouled up but I am still having issues. Tacview now records, but it s only the start and end of a flight with no unit data gathered. Any suggestions?

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

Follow-up: It seems that ED has changed the way their menus work.

So, I have updated the special option menu. The fix will be in the next beta of Tacview 1.7.0

Great to hear, thanks! :thumbup:

Any ETA on the update?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for the fix, just an FYI. I installed this last week and its my 1st install and the download didn't install that code into my lau file. So I manually did it.

Can you share your current export.lua file at tell me what is its full path? I will see if I missed something...

I have lost the ability to record with TACVIEW, with DCS 2.2.

Thanks for the fixes here, I have Tacview working again in 2.2.

2.2 is great but seems like something else always gets broke!

Best Regards

David

Edited by Accipiter
Fixes work

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

My Tacview no longer starts. The page open with the different Windows, but the computer never stop working and the map doesnt render so I have to kill the task...

Tried both normal and beta 4 version, same problem.

Nvidia drivers 388.59

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Zarma, have you tried after rebooting your system?

Make sure you do not have any resident programs like teamspeak, which is trying to inject 3D data in Tacview window. Programs like that tend to not behave well with old school OpenGL renderer (fraps work fine though).

If this still does not work, can you remember what hardware or software you may have installed on your system since the last time Tacview worked fine?

Zarma, have you tried after rebooting your system?

Make sure you do not have any resident programs like teamspeak, which is trying to inject 3D data in Tacview window. Programs like that tend to not behave well with old school OpenGL renderer (fraps work fine though).

If this still does not work, can you remember what hardware or software you may have installed on your system since the last time Tacview worked fine?

TS is installed but not really using it, mostly on discord. Released wasnt working so I installed beta 2 which did work. Days later I tried to start it but had the same problem so I installed beta 4, but still no luck. I really feel it is blocking on the rendering of the maps.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

This fix will be integrated in Tacview 1.7.0

["Tacview"] = {
		["playbackDelay"] = 0,
	},

So i got Tacview to start recording again by moving the 'TacviewGameGUI.lua' per above *yeay!* :thumbup:, but the AI aircraft have almost no information:

attachment.php?attachmentid=174703&stc=1&d=1513881207

I looked in '\Saved Games\DCS.*\Config\options.lua' and find:

["Tacview"] = {
	}, 

which is not quite the same as in the above quoted post.

Should I modify my options.lua file to have the same Tacview section as in the quoted post?

560555316_HardCopy_20171221_192947-Tacview-20171220-194723-DCS-NormandyP-51D-Charnwood-1PathFlightvs3.thumb.jpg.be5562aa5aa2793e536a61a90797fc87.jpg

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1