E-Shop - Are some are no longer EARLY ACCESS ?

Blech

Hi,

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet FAQ

Q: Will the Hornet also be available on Steam?

A: Certainly, but Steam does NOT allow Early Access of DLC products (like all of our paid-for products on Steam). It will come to Steam once it is out of Early Access.

:dunno: I`m a little confused

Normandy, Assets Pack, Viggen, Spitfire, ... are available on Steam

Does this mean they are no longer "Early Access" and are now "Release" and the E-Shop needs an update in this cases ?

Hi,

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet FAQ

Q: Will the Hornet also be available on Steam?

A: Certainly, but Steam does NOT allow Early Access of DLC products (like all of our paid-for products on Steam). It will come to Steam once it is out of Early Access.

:dunno: I`m a little confused

Normandy, Assets Pack, Viggen, Spitfire, ... are available on Steam

Does this mean they are no longer "Early Access" and are now "Release" and the E-Shop needs an update in this cases ?

This means that steam access delayed from weeks to months in relation too the early access who purchase on ED page.

Early access means that not all features are there and tested when the plane comes in early access.

All features in Viggen and Spitfire are there.

That's my opinion, maybe someone else has another answer.

Maybe this helps.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I think there was a time when only modules with released status were available on Steam, but that's not the case any more. Don't know if that's a change in Steam policy, or ED.

Early access means that not all features are there and tested when the plane comes in early access.

All features in Viggen and Spitfire are there.

Sptifire doesn't have bombs, droptanks, there are still pending changes in the graphics and fm department. Viggen doesn't have the promised campaign, pilot in cockpit, the manual is incomplete and hasn't been touched since February, and there are still plenty of bugs to fix.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I think there was a time when only modules with released status were available on Steam, but that's not the case any more. Don't know if that's a change in Steam policy, or ED.

ED. It looks like they do release certain modules now on Steam even before they reach formal release status, as long as they are in a good enough shape to not cause negative steam reviews.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, I just read what Wags posted in the other thread and I think it's a grey area really. They don't mark those modules as "Early Access" on Steam, so they can sell to wider audience, yet they keep them in early access here, so we can't really complain that stuff doesn't work or is unfinished. Because hey, it's a beta!

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Well, I just read what Wags posted in the other thread and I think it's a grey area really. They don't mark those modules as "Early Access" on Steam, so they can sell to wider audience, yet they keep them in early access here, so we can't really complain that stuff doesn't work or is unfinished. Because hey, it's a beta!

As Wags said: Steam doesn't offer the option to mark DLCs as Early Access.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, to be precise, he said Steam doesn't allow Early access DLCs.

But it looks like it doesn't prevent ED from selling modules still in early access.

Hi,

Thx for response

It seems that something has changed and "It will come to Steam once it is out of Early Access" is no longer valid and confusing

My interpretation of what’s changed is that, starting with the Mirage, keys for Steam modules could no longer activate the same modules on the standalone platform. Since that time modules have popped up on Steam at a noticeably faster clip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.