After 2.0 alpha stage

ebabil

Now i will be installing 2.0 and nevada. it will be huge amount of download.

what is gonna happen after alpha stage and black sea implementation? will we have to download whole thing for stable version or they will convert it to stable by making additions?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Now i will be installing 2.0 and nevada. it will be huge amount of download.

what is gonna happen after alpha stage and black sea implementation? will we have to download whole thing for stable version or they will convert it to stable by making additions?

As said above ED is using smart installer. So if a file hasn't been changed and you have it in any version of DCS it will be copied to where it is needed rather than downloaded. The Nevada terrain is made up of many small files, with a few large ones, (sub 1 gb), so it's unlikely you'll ever have to download the whole thing again, just the updated bits.

My understanding is that the 2.0 fork is the production path.

Not sure what you mean by that.

Haven't read this.

And currently 2.0 in an OpenAlpha, and as such installed in homonym directory. Can't see it modified to become the stable one.

My money is on the installer (there is a file named localsource ;)), or the re-download.

Anyway, there is no "official" word on this for now. Let's wait for it, shall we?

spacer.png

For my opinion, as stated above, 1.5 converted to T4 will be merged in 2.0 via download from 1.5 folders. So, we don't have to unistall DCS 1.5 but we have to update it.

So....

- DCS 1.5 updated

- DCS 2.0

- DCS 1.5 merged to DCS 2.0

...my two cents.

All we know is what was in the official announcement.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=146968

Once the Nevada map exits the Alpha stage, it and DCS World 2.0 will be merged into the stable, release version of DCS World or the Open Beta (TBD).
So based on the above excerpt, I am just going ahead and keeping the 1.2 stable version, the 1.5 Open Beta, and the 2.0 Open Alpha all three installed just in case I should need one of them when that time comes.
Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|